• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramma2

jogarrr said:
I notice that there hasn't been much Scootaloo love in this thread thus far. Clearly there has been some mistake.

Of course, this is a pony thread. The chicken thread is on another forum.

Firehead

Pandaman said:
apple bloom is very special, even if she's an earth pony, but scootaloo is scootaloo.
Tvf5I.gif

McNum

Quinnjaminn said:
While I did vote for AJ last in the scientific poll, I don't hate her character. In fact, I really enjoy it. But how can she compete with Fluttershy and Rarity and the rest of them? For every other character, I can think of a wide range of memorable quotes and scenes. For Applejack...not so many.
Applejack just needs a good episode of her own. Sadly, the Applejack focused ones have been either so-so or got her overshadowed b another pony. That and she's basically the straight pony of the group, she doesn't really have any extremes like the rest do. I'd love to see a good Applejack episode, though. I was so-so on Rarity until Suited for Success and A Dog and Pony Show, for instance. Applejack just needs a couple of episodes of the same quality.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Having your chatroom is fine...in the community forum. If you have a thread in the off-topic forum for season 2, it needs to be for discussion specific to season 2 of the show. Cannot be a permanent fixture on page 1 of the off-topic forum due to 10 people chatting. Breaks the way the forum is supposed to work for organization.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Firehead said:
scootaloo's superiority is defined by the act of being scootaloo.

its hard to explain.
to be scootaloo is to be like a concept synonymous with awesome.
but more awesome than regular awesome, by about 10%.

Acerac

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Did someone... merge the threads?

CALLING EATCHILDREN FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
I like how they merged the thread for season 2 in to the community thread that was agreed to be closed instead of the other way around.

Oh well.
EviLore said:
Having your chatroom is fine...in the community forum. If you have a thread in the off-topic forum for season 2, it needs to be for discussion specific to season 2 of the show. Cannot be a permanent fixture on page 1 of the off-topic forum due to 10 people chatting. Breaks the way the forum is supposed to work for organization.
We're discussing ponies though. It's not like we're chatting about things that aren't pony related.

There are plenty of other threads that are nearly permanently on page 1 of OT. Why the double standard?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
EviLore said:
well, there's still 5 days until there's actual new content specific to OT.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I know Dr Forester put a ton of work into a new OT, but I hope I'm not too controversial in saying that the merge really doesn't matter. We have a thread, does it matter where it is? Rules are rules.

PBalfredo

Alright everypony, time for

Season 2 predictions

List your predictions. I'll keep track of them and mark off correct predictions as the new episodes air

I'll start:

- More Derpy cameos similar to Feeling Pinkie Keen. No voice for her, but no more random Derpy clones in the background either.
- At least one CMC will get a cutie mark.
- Zecora-focused episode
- Applejack's parents make an appearance. No explanation will be given for where they were in Season 1.
- Dash will tryout for the Wonderbolts, but have problems following orders / being part of a team / not being a show-off

Ramma2

Acerac said:
There are plenty of other threads that are nearly permanently on page 1 of OT. Why the double standard?

Agreed. Manga, hip-hop, headphones, Android; tons of other threads that are always on the front page, chatting about their topic with no specific requirement that needs to be met in order to exist.

Not very cool!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
if he was interested in being reasonable, he wouldn't have merged the threads. I'm not aware of gafs forum software, but i've yet to see one where merges could easily be undone without creating backup threads in a hidden forum. If it was open for discussion, a temporary close would have done the job, but merges are usually final/undoable only by hand.

he owns the forums, he wants to wield the big stick today so we're in community.
its how it is.

jogarrr

Updated predictions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30921008&postcount=10423

Season 2 Predictions:

- No CMC will get a cutie mark.
- Dash will teach Scootaloo to fly.
- Pinkamena will manifest herself at least once.
- Fluttershy will be shy.
- Trixie will return.
- Applejack will star in an episode that will drastically increase her fanbase.
- Rainbow Dash will meet a pony (or maybe some other creature) that is faster than her. (Not counting Pinkie's teleportation abilities of course.)

This is fun. I might add more predictions later.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
My predictions for S2:

- No cutie marks for the CMC's.
- Spoilers for episodes 2.1-2:
Discord is related with the transformation of Luna into Nightmare Moon
- Trixie reappears, obsessed with upstaging/humiliating Twilight.
- New male recurrent character.
- Episode spotlighting earth pony inferiority complex.
- At least 3 fashion related episodes. And they will be awesome.

McNum

Okay, why not? Season 2 predictions are go!

For the opening two-parter:
- We get to see what Nightmare Moon really was
- Twilight gets tempted to become the next Mare of Darkness (Can you imagine the cliffhanger? Midnight Sparkle rearing on her hind legs! "To be continued...")
- Luna appears... in episode 2 (And snaps Twilight out of it)

For the rest of the season:
- We get to see how ponies prepare for winter
- An episode focused on Applejack and Fluttershy together
- An episode focused on Spike
- Pinkie Pie interrupts at least two iris-outs.
- There will be a Seapony reference
- Pinkie Pie will sing at least five songs
- Applejack gets her own song
- So does Rainbow Dash
- Not only will a CMC get a Cutie Mark, but we'll get a "How to deal with jealousy" episode out of it

Some of these I think are pretty safe, others are a total shot in the dark.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
if he was interested in being reasonable, he wouldn't have merged the threads. I'm not aware of gafs forum software, but i've yet to see one where merges could easily be undone without creating backup threads in a hidden forum. If it was open for discussion, a temporary close would have done the job, but merges are usually final/undoable only by hand.

he owns the forums, he wants to wield the big stick today so we're in community.
its how it is.
Don't worry, Panda. Even though it will be much harder to have new prospective fans discover the show, as has happened in the last few days due to the increased exposition, these 10 chatting persons still have each other, right? :)

Acerac

Banned
Ramma2 said:
Agreed. Manga, hip-hop, headphones, Android; tons of other threads that are always on the front page, chatting about their topic with no specific requirement that needs to be met in order to exist.

Not very cool!
Well people don't whine about those topics, and ponies are weird.

Ridiculous.
Regulus Tera said:
Uh why did the other thread disappear from my subscriptions.
Because we were talking about ponies too much.

jogarrr

I'm grateful that the thread was in OT as long as it was. I would have missed out on the news that season 2 is starting otherwise.

Acerac said:
Well people don't whine about those topics, and ponies are weird.

Ridiculous.

Because we were talking about ponies too much.
Did anyone even whine about the thread? I thought things were going pretty well. Either way it doesn't really bother me I guess.

Acerac

Banned
jogarrr said:
Did anyone even whine about the thread? I thought things were going pretty well. Either way it doesn't really bother me I guess.
Not openly. I'm confident a number of PMs were exchanged to arrive at this point. Either that or EviLore REALLY doesn't like seeing ponies.

*Shrug*

His board, he can do what he wants. He has no need to treat us like the rest of the members on the forum whose communities are allowed in OT.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
Don't worry, Panda. Even though it will be much harder to have new prospective fans discover the show, as has happened in the last few days due to the increased exposition, these 10 chatting persons still have each other, right? :)
hey, maybe they can sneak in another sports thread sticky to make it an even half dozen threads constantly on the first page. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So rather than lock the OT thread until it starts the thread just get merged... that's not right. Anime thread is always on page 1 and most discussion is not about current shows airing.

So can we not even do a thread in OT when it starts?

If we stay in community fine, but stop feeding us lines about why and just say you want this in community. When there are many threads that stay on page 1 all the time without getting moved to community.

McNum

Rickenslacker said:
Me refreshing the thread and it no longer being there freaked me out.
Got to give the board software props, though. I hit reply in one thread and it ended up in the other. That's a good edge case that actually worked flawlessly. I wouldn't have expected to board to do that.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Ellis Kim said:
This disappearing from my subscriptions freaked me out for a second.
The more annoying part of it all is this.

But the whole merge thing seems off when compared to other threads.

Acerac

Banned
McNum said:
Got to give the board software props, though. I hit reply in one thread and it ended up in the other. That's a good edge case that actually worked flawlessly. I wouldn't have expected to board to do that.
Indeed! When I first replied and scrolled up to see I was in the community tab I was confused, initially I thought I had just posted in the wrong thread. I didn't expect... this.

n8BitMan said:
The more annoying part of it all is this.

But the whole merge thing seems off when compared to other threads.
It's fairly obvious that no equity is being sought by the management here. EviLore doesn't want his OT polluted by our types, and we are in no position to tell him to run his board elsewise.

It does make me happy I got the alternate image when I purchased Myke's shirt from the store however.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
At this point I rather stay in community if the thread's stay in OT is only gonna create drama from either the pro-pony side or the anti-pony side.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Regulus Tera said:
At this point I rather stay in community if the thread's stay in OT is only gonna create drama from either the pro-pony side or the anti-pony side.
i wast exactly following the entire thread, but i didnt see any of that.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Cool off and come back tomorrow.

-Why is something like the Anime thread or the Android thread not cracked down on, while MLP is?

MLP is an extreme niche, while those are discussions serving much broader topics and audiences.

-What about the headphone thread or the hip-hop thread? Those are niche too!

Those are not permanent fixtures on page 1 by any means. The MLP thread is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom