• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
Tis a valid strategy and helped me to pad my from the grave medal count.

Hey, guilty as charged. I poop out a nade every time I know I'm going to die. Your tips were actually pretty decent, aside from recommending regenerator usage at the top of S2 on The Pit. Eff the regen.

Ramirez

Like I've said, even as powerful as PV seems, I doubt I'll use it. I feel like it will be more of a hindrance to my game than something like Thruster which can change the dynamic of a fight in the heat of a battle. I feel like with PV, I'll be more worried about pulsing it every time it's up instead of just going with the flow of a match naturally.

Hey, guilty as charged. I poop out a nade every time I know I'm going to die. Your tips were actually pretty decent, aside from recommending regenerator usage at the top of S2 on The Pit. Eff the regen.

I have a sweet Halo 3 clip of a no scope blainer on some kid who dropped a regen on S2 from the sword door, hah.

TCKaos

Do we know if Halo 4 is built on a different engine? One that doesn't use the tag system, I mean?

It'd be nice to be able to get patches for Halo 4 like we do for Battlefield 3, where there's constant balancing and rebalancing in place and where glitches and bugs actually get fixed.

You have two options, either in video form or straight up ghetto audio form. The choice is yours.

Cool thanks!

There are plenty of sub-items (weapons, AA, mods) in the sandbox left to reveal, but what we showed at E3 are the main load out customizations options.

Not sure if we're going any more specific on Majestic and Crimson right now, but rest assured there's a good reason they both exist.

I cant wait to see more of the weapons in Halo 4.. Same with vehicles.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can't wait to see how certain teams will incorporate AAs into their setups and strategies at the start of matches and then how the match progresses. It's gonna be deep.

Do we know if Halo 4 is built on a different engine? One that doesn't use the tag system, I mean?

It'd be nice to be able to get patches for Halo 4 like we do for Battlefield 3, where there's constant balancing and rebalancing in place and where glitches and bugs actually get fixed.

Same engine i very much doubt the Tag system has gone, Bugs and stuff can still be fixed with the Tag system

senador

Banned
Like for Reach, any AA I dislike I won't use despite its effectiveness. I think at first PV will be an issues for obvious reasons, but people will move on from it. The thing I keep thinking about though is full party or obective games. All it takes is 1 person per team using it to convey to the rest of the team what's up. Though after a few instances where this happens, the other team should change tactics, and the better gunners will win.

Still, I do hope PV is nerfed or modified some.

I can't wait to see how certain teams will incorporate AAs into their setups and strategies at the start of matches and then how the match progresses. It's gonna be deep.

I can imagine a dedicated PV player calling out and the rest of the team running regen and stuff. I just hope MLG tries the AA's out and doesn't drop them straight away

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can imagine a dedicated PV player calling out and the rest of the team running regen and stuff. I just hope MLG tries the AA's out and doesn't drop them straight away

Agreed. I was even thinking though that when players learn the maps and teamwork is at a high level, will PV be needed? What if that dedicated PV player can now use a different AA to change the dynamic of the team.

TCKaos

Oh man, this is going to be the name of the game right here. Especially two full parties going at it instead of a cluster fuck of randoms.

Shit, I actually have to make a decision now that I always have sprint. I can only imagine Jetpack will become more popular now that gaining vertical mobility doesn't in any way sacrifice lateral mobility. Then there are thrusters, where I can thrust around a a corner and in to sprint to bail out of a bad situation...

I can't wait to rock a hard light shield to protect a teammate running around with a turret. I can only imagine that that's going to be awesome.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I'm stuck on a flight for the next hour or so of you want to keep asking questions. Can't answer everything, but I'll do my best to offer clarification and clear up any lingering confusion.

I think I'll be thrusters all the way, at least until I can determine something to be more useful. Definitely not PV, though. That pro gameplay made me sick of it.

lol sprint + thrusters + speed boost + sword = ultimate troll

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm stuck on a flight for the next hour or so of you want to keep asking questions. Can't answer everything, but I'll do my best to offer clarification and clear up any lingering confusion.

This may have already been cleared up before, not sure: Is being shot while sprinting going to slow you down, or has that been removed/not added yet?

senador

Banned

How "final" is the game in terms of what we have seem so far? Gameplay? Sounds? Medals? Announcer?

Not for hating purposes. Most of what I have seen so far has been great. Thanks to you a d the rest of the 343 team BTW!

Tawpgun

Do you know, at least roughly, how much space Halo 4, specifically Spartan Ops, will take up. Do you know how we'll be getting new episodes?

lybertyboy

Exactly my thoughts. People who have good situational awareness and use their motion sensor are wasting their AA slot if they pick PV. I even found that PV decreases my awareness because I got lazy or had this one track mind of what is in front of me. I think many people at E3 were on the PV bandwagon.

Thruster was way more useful. Helped me dodge shots and come out on top in a lot of 1v1 situations.

My favorite Halo 4 mutiplay moment So far involved me tracking someone down sun ramp on Haven, jumping down to bottom level, pivoting 180 degrees during the fall then thruster packing toward him and assassination all in one fluid motion. In that moment, I was mostdefintielya Spartan.

Do you know, at least roughly, how much space Halo 4, specifically Spartan Ops, will take up. Do you know how we'll be getting new episodes?

Not sure how much each mission will take up they'll be delivered via Xbox Live each week.

How "final" is the game in terms of what we have seem so far? Gameplay? Sounds? Medals? Announcer?

Not for hating purposes. Most of what I have seen so far has been great. Thanks to you a d the rest of the 343 team BTW!

Wouldn't want to put a number on it,but as we've said before, the campaign is playable from beginning to end. Over the next several months we'll pass content comp,steamed polish the entire package to a sparkling sheen.

without giving details when you said "you guys have not seen anything yet" during the T squared interview were you only talking about Forge and theatre or did you have something else in mind.

My favorite Halo 4 mutiplay moment So far involved me tracking someone down sun ramp on Haven, jumping down to bottom level, pivoting 180 degrees during the fall then thruster packing toward him and assassination all in one fluid motion. In that moment, I was mostdefintielya Spartan.

Not sure how much each mission will take up they'll be delivered via Xbox Live each week.

Speaking of Assassinations, any chance we will see more context and weapon sensitive ones such as Sword assassinations?

Also, where do the Spartans even pull their knife from now that I think about it?

Bumper Jumper, will the AA and grenade buttons be swapped before release? Also, can we activate jetpacks by tapping jump mid-air?

lybertyboy

Bumper Jumper, will the AA and grenade buttons be swapped before release?

That was actually something I was excited to get feedback from players on during E3.

We had people in the office gathering the mountains of feedback. While not every thing mentioned will be changed, we take these things very seriously.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Is the whole Team Fury vs Team Demon thing final? Are the team names exclusive to Infinity Slayer, or will we have these names across the board?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That was actually something I was excited to get feedback from players on during E3.

We had people in the office gathering the mountains of feedback. While not every thing mentioned will be changed, we take these things very seriously.

Please take that one extra seriously. :p

I know it's getting really boring and all about the HEADSHOT thing but will you talk with the artists to change it or make it toggleable in some form, take in mind I'll be playing the spaniard version and I don't wanna see "DISPARO EN LA CABEZA" covering almost all my screen. It's a really infyriating thing for me and many others.

Also why is the "you killed X" text almost transparent, I just noticed it actually exists by going full detective mode on the MLG vids.

I understand this is still a beta but I feel obligated to express my concerns (as tiring as it gets) in order to get a response from you.

P.S: You're looking good, keep rocking the gym ;)

lybertyboy

Is the whole Team Fury vs Team Demon thing final? Are the team names exclusive to Infinity Slayer, or will we have these names across the board?

There's definitely a reason the teams have names, but if I spilled all the beans about that right now, Frank might deliver a vicious Scottish roundhouse to me when I get back to the office.

Ragarding center text pop-ups I honestly don't even notice them 90% of the time when playing matches. I think it's something that's much more magnified when watch someone else play the game. Remember we've saida big component of your player experience in Hal 4 is customization so take that however you want.

QDueW.gif

Good to know. Controls are my number one concern in terms of importance here, so I hope that BJ ends up working out.

I'm not sure if you're able to talk about this yet, but how has shotgun starts played out in your testing sessions so far?
I think for a lot of people, spawning with shotguns seems so mind boggling.
In the past games, the shotgun has such a specific niche that it would be extremely unsuitable for a utility weapon.
You have a disadvantage at a majority of ranges that it forces you into a whole different play style that isn't necessarily mobile.
It seems like it would create pretty stale gameplay.

Assuming that shotguns are actually a possible primary weapon...

Also I was just watching Lost, and then I took a break to watch the Giant Bomb, and in it you mentioned Lost.
Fate?

Kuroyume

Banned
- Can you cancel the reload animation?

Not related to anything we saw at e3:

- Is flag juggling in the game?

- Does the Banshee still have the fuel rod cannon?

lybertyboy

- Is flag juggling in the game?

- Does the Banshee still have the fuel rod cannon?

We'll have more info on CTFin Halo 4 in the near future.

The banshee has received a lot of love from our vehicle designers and has definitely been altered from Halo: Reach.

You didn't respond to the intention argument. The fact that you equated shooting grenades out of the air to no scoping is dumbfounding.
I have intentionally shot at enemy grenades before and I've hit enemy grenades before. Let's say a bad player dropped his controller and got a no-scope headshot across the map. Where is the intention there?

I was watching an NHL playoff game and the puck bounced off of a player's body into his own goal, and the goal counted. Where is the intention? You really seem irked by my proof through counterexample.

There's definitely a reason the teams have names, but if I spilled all the beans about that right now, Frank might deliver a vicious Scottish roundhouse to me when I get back to the office.
Can we choose what team we'd prefer to be? I don't wanna be no stinkin' wolf. Team Fury fo' life!

TCKaos

You guys play one of those 'down to the wire' CTF or Assault BTB games, where you only need one point to score but the flag needs to be at home, and each team has the other teams flag?

One of the best situations in the history of video games. Seriously makes every confrontation a massive balls-to-the-wall experience of awesome.

senador

Banned
Wouldn't want to put a number on it,but as we've said before, the campaign is playable from beginning to end. Over the next several months we'll pass content comp,steamed polish the entire package to a sparkling sheen.

Cool thanks. Based on this and a few other replies, some things will get tweaked, tuned, and polished. Hoping for a bit of game play tuning, and tweaking of audio and announcer, as they just sound...off.

I'm impressed with 343 over all. I never expected the game too look so good and I never expected it to actually look this fun. I just hope 343 stays focused and motivated throughout the trilogy and beyond and in between.

daedalius

- BR firing sound final? Seemed a bit odd in the stream, maybe compression?

- still tweaking the guns damage profiles?

- grenade damage. You don't die in 1 grenade do you?

- btb will be fun again right? more objective PLEASE... I am totally miserable in Reach BTB, and that's all I played in 2 and 3

We dont even know if it has one, walshy asked the MP lead and he said he cant discuss it right now. My guess is alot of multiplayer stuff like AA's and perks and loadout weapons are still very much W.I.P i dont think what we seen is a complete build just a semi polished version of what was working solidly

I don't think (nor should their be) a direct hard counter to PV. It looks like, and I'm hoping that 343 is avoiding for the most part a rock paper scissors type of balance. Something like holograms showing up on PV is a nice check, but it's not a hard counter to the ability. The armor abilities should be balanced against how effective they are in relation to the entire sandbox (From what we've seen Halo 4 tilts that balance heavily in favor of the core gunplay when AA's being augmentations to a players combat abilities instead of dominating them like Reach did). They should also be balanced against each other by how effective they are, but not having abilities or perks cancel out others.

That's just my feeling of that.

I was a little disappointed there wasn't more experimentation with weapons, but some folks do love sticking with one weapon.

Also, I'm shocked more of them wern't using thruster pack, but I suppose they just love shiny lights. :)

I was shocked at the lack of use of the DMR, because it looks like a beast and whenever people used it they said it was extremely good.

Ragarding center text pop-ups I honestly don't even notice them 90% of the time when playing matches. I think it's something that's much more magnified when watch someone else play the game. Rememberwe've said Abigail component of your player experience in Hal 4 is customization so take that however you want.
This makes me a 90% bit more happy.

Also, I can definitely tell you're typing from your mobile. Feel your pain bro.

i0bGTW6qzBXfM.gif

Happy Birthday Gavin Fritzl or w.e you name is.

Happy Birthday Zeouterlimits!

Not the best last name. Lol.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Outer!

Happy Birthday Outer!

Oh yeah, nearly forgot to congratulate Outer with all the football madness happening.

Happy birthday Outer!

Feliz cumpleanos, Outer.

Happy birthday Otter

I hate being that guy, but happy b-day Outer!

Edit: Oh, right, Happy bursting forth from your mum's vagina day Outer!

Also:
Happy Beer-thday Outer!

Happy birthday Zeouterlimits! Hope it's a good one.

Happy Bday Zero.

Zeouter's birthday? Cool, happy birthday man!

Aww, big thank you guys, <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom