• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey Swanky Mercenary Edition announced for North America

Takao

Banned
Hell yes!

motZc.jpg

@XSEEDGames: [RO-Mercenary Edition] $49.99 - Comes w/ soundtrack CD, ‘Mercenary Guide’ w/ artwork & strategies, and a pack of ‘Monster Cards’(10 random)!

@XSEEDGames: Ragnarok Odyssey for Vita will come in two version: Standard ($39.99) & Swanky Mercenary Edition ($49.99). Choose wisely... :D

As for the release date? Well...

Edit: Sometime in October these hunters will gather.

English Trailer

Screenshots & Stuff:

sajj316

We need screenshots and videos to show GAF what this is ..

I would but image and video sites are blocked at work :(

Hype it up!!!!!

scy

Was going to get the digital version because it just made sense for the kind of game it is.

Guess that's not going to happen now.

Yuterald

ohhhhh, deluxe! I don't own a Vita yet, but I like my physical XSEED products! Thanks dudes! Hopefully by the time this releases I'll be in the market for a Vita.

Takao

Banned
We need screenshots and videos to show GAF what this is ..

I would but image and video sites are blocked at work :(

Hype it up!!!!!

It is a video game where you hunt monsters. If you like video games where you hunt monsters this game might be for you. It is made by GameArts, and published by Gungho in Japan. It is a hunting action game that supports both local multiplayer, and online multiplayer.

Trailer

Kazerei

Banned
So nice. XSEED puts together awesome limited editions.

Now someone should go bug H.Protagonist about the release date :>

Salaadin

So nice. XSEED puts together awesome limited editions.

Now someone should go bug H.Protagonist about the release date :>

Her or wyrdwad. I need this game now!

CE it is, for me. I was going to go digital with this but XSEEDS LEs are too good to pass up.

Yuterald

The environments look like they're straight out of Grandia 3. Anyone here import or play this game yet? How are the battle mechanics? Since it's a Game Arts game I expect nothing but top tier combat. As far as combat systems go from Game Arts, GIII is my standard. I know this is an action RPG, but are there cool mechanics and systems? Any juggle mechanics or critical strike cancelling stuff?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
XSEEDGames
[Ragnarok Odyssey - Running Free and Wild Date] Firm October. Solid, dense, positively inelastic October. Bacon

okay then!

The environments look like they're straight out of Grandia 3. Anyone here import or play this game yet? How are the battle mechanics? Since it's a Game Arts game I expect nothing but top tier combat. As far as combat systems go from Game Arts, GIII is my standard. I know this is an action RPG, but are there cool mechanics and systems? Any juggle mechanics or critical strike cancelling stuff?

I've seen juggles in a few gameplay vids from Kyletwentytwo.

I think it was in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuquFmL2kRQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yuterald

I've seen juggles in a few gameplay vids from Kyletwentytwo.

I think it was in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuquFmL2kRQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yeah, I just found the same video on YouTube, thanks! Well, I guess I'm not surprised since it's from the same developers! The juggles don't look as extravagant and stylish as they do in GIII, but it was always a mechanic I thought felt and looked bad ass. Definitely happy to see the idea return in some fashion. I knew there was something special about the combat in GIII. I'm definitely picking this up with my Vita when I get one. =D

Coxy

Oh man I want this and I dont even have a vita yet. Says you get a random selection of 10 cards, I wonder how many there are altogether? Do I have to hunt down 10,000 other people to complete the set?

Santar

I really hope this comes out in europe too. Can't seem to find any news of a european version. Would be a shame if it doesn't, as I think the game looks very promising.

prwxv3

I believe it is. Though the environments and stuff really aren't anything special.

Have you played the game yet. I remember you saying you did not like the slow combat of Monster Hunter. Is the combat in this game fast?

Aurizen

the release date is in October :( I was told it would have a summer release, so many games are coming out in October :(

Top Bottom