• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekrono

Finally got un-lazy and stuck the SMAA injector in there. Makes a massive difference on the black outlines of everything. I recommend everyone do this, it's super simple and doesn't cost much performance if any.

Can you post comparison shots? I'm at work.

Also, do you have FXAA on or off on top of SMAA?

FatBaby

I seem to have either misplaced or sold off my ECHO thing. Is there a way to get it back? Do I need to have it on me to get quests and such?

So far it doesn't seem like I am missing anything, but I am a bit worried. Has this happened to anyone else?

I seem to have either misplaced or sold off my ECHO thing. Is there a way to get it back? Do I need to have it on me to get quests and such?

So far it doesn't seem like I am missing anything, but I am a bit worried. Has this happened to anyone else?

if you're talking about the one in your inventory, it's basically just a message about your character - you listen to it once and it's consumed.

Razek

Banned
At least he recommends the PC version, or maybe it was still $6 too much.

What does this do?

It's pretty might a performance free, light, antialiasing. Google SMAA injector download and you will find the files for 1.2. Just dump the contents of the D3d9 folder into your borderlands 2 Win32 folder

Were did you put it? In the top folder or in the folder with the executable?

I put it in Win32 with all the executables and dlls.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Here is another choice quote from the WSJ review

The game’s opening sequence reminds you that Borderlands’ developers chose to go the animation route, and I don’t like it very much. The game isn’t manga-like enough to be super-hip, so instead, it just feels cartoonish.

Is online still poop in this (Ps3 version). My friend guilted me into buying this for the co-op which went poorly last time we played (Headsets were all fucked up).

oh well. More games to play before I become a worker bot and my life ends.

marrec

Banned
Is that for real?! I'm honestly stunned someone would write these words down, let alone publish them.

It has to be a satirical piece meant to lambaste the current direction that First Person Shooters have been heading in trying to emulate the COD style of constant feedback and leveling with very little substance beyond.

It can't be serious.

Please someone tell me it's not serious!

Edit:

I'm not usually one to suggest this, but someone needs to start a thread for that review.

WSJ Review - As a $30 impulse buy, priced about the same as games like “NASCAR Unleashed,” I wouldn’t have a problem recommending Borderlands 2 as a fun diversion. At twice that price, though, I think it’s fair for players to demand the whole magilla – cutting-edge development, engrossing campaign gameplay, scads of downloadable content, a rich social media/community experience, sharing of loot and gear and online multiplayer modes that keep you and your friends coming back until the next version of the game comes out.

The game’s opening sequence reminds you that Borderlands’ developers chose to go the animation route, and I don’t like it very much. The game isn’t manga-like enough to be super-hip, so instead, it just feels cartoonish.

ibihYrJ5BhAzp.gif

what, this review is killing me, haha. this is a joke? right? right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WSJ should be ashamed they even put that article out.

Is that that Dude's first editorial article? Certainly reads like it. AMAGAD IT'S NOT COD OR NASCAR OR NARUTO IT SUCKS WHY CAN'T I SHOOT MY FRIENDS

FatBaby

if you're talking about the one in your inventory, it's basically just a message about your character - you listen to it once and it's consumed.

Yeah, that's the one. I guess I missed whatever message it would of had for me. Suppose I could always start new and just listen to it to see what I missed.

Anything important or just back story?

Edit: Actually you know what... I think what happened is that I remember some weird radio message came up and I couldn't figure out why my character was talking to this one guy. I bet that was it. Must of used it like you said and didn't even realize it.

Maaaaaaaaaan can't wait to get off work at 5p+, then go buy a doorknob at Lowe's, then buy groceries, then eat something, then play this all night.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Guys why am I at work and not ripping shit up with Zer0?

H3xum

Has anyone received their Premier Club code from Amazon?

I have not and I keep getting the canned "2 days" shenanigans.

metalshade

Why is everyone so worried about their golden keys?
I have 4 of them, I dont really see the need to horde them ALL until max level.

bounchfx

alright last time I promise;

I have one more copy available of the game on Steam, $45. let me know if you're interested!

Also, does anyone else find it weird you can't close inventory or map with the same key you use to open it? :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
alright last time I promise;

I have one more copy available of the game on Steam, $45. let me know if you're interested!

Also, does anyone else find it weird you can't close inventory or map with the same key you use to open it? :(

Yeaaaah....$37 for the 4-pack and what, $38 on GMG?

Razek

Banned
WITHOUT SMAA:
iRDLja9CQK9BW.png

SMAA ENABLED:
ibpjP0PVUQzZjZ.png

The performance cost is near zero. Again, if you have 5 minutes of free time, take a break from the game and enable it. Instructions:

1. Download 1.2 from here: http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html
2. Extract.
3. Go to the d3d9 folder.
4. Drag all files to your 'steamapps/common/Borderlands 2/Binaries/Win32' folder.
5. Go back to playing an awesome game!

It's personal taste, but don't use FXAA. It's blurry.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hmmmm, after that review, I'm not so sure about this game anymore. I was really hoping for a CoD-like game.

Who reads Wall Street Journal for gaming reviews?

EDIT: C'mon guys, there's a PC performance thread already.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WITHOUT SMAA:
iRDLja9CQK9BW.png

SMAA ENABLED:
ibpjP0PVUQzZjZ.png

The performance cost is near zero. Again, if you have 5 minutes of free time, take a break from the game and enable it. Instructions:

2. Extract.
4. Drag all files to your 'steamapps/common/Borderlands 2/Binaries/Win32' folder.

Yeah, I downloaded the SMAA injector earlier today yesterday. It works wonders with the game's visual style.

Nekrono

WITHOUT SMAA:
iRDLja9CQK9BW.png

SMAA ENABLED:
ibpjP0PVUQzZjZ.png

2. Extract.

Thank you for that comparison, WOW it really makes a difference!

Can't wait to try it out when I get home.

VanWinkle

Haven't seen anybody talking about the PS3 version yet. Anybody have it? How are the visuals and frame rate compared to the first game?

ezekial45

Banned
Is anyone else getting the install/repair loop for the Microsoft .NET framework before starting the game? It gave me problems last night, had to repair and restart twice, but I opted to restart later and it gave me no problems.

Now it's doing the repair all over again. It's stuck in this loop. Once I restart, I'll have to do this all over again.

Is anyone else having problems with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom