• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Collection: Pandora's Box announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
Borderlands-Collection-Pandoras-Box-Ann_08-31-23-1024x576.jpg

Publisher 2K an developer Gearbox Software have announced Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam). It is a collection including the following six titles and all of their add-on content: Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Tales from the Borderlands, Borderlands 3, and New Tales from the Borderlands. It will launch on September 1. While it will normally be priced at $149.99, it will be available at a limited time launch discount price of $59.99.

Get the details below.

Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box packages together all six acclaimed base games from the iconic franchise: Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Tales from the Borderlands, Borderlands 3, and New Tales from the Borderlands, as well as all of their add-on content, in one giant bundle for the first time. The digital-only offering is available for the incredible price of $149.99, and for a limited time will be available for a discounted price of $59.99. Additionally, you can complete your collection for a special price based on what titles you already own.
In the Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box, fans will experience the iconic franchise that defined the looter-shooter genre with its over-the-top firefights, absurdly varied arsenals, and thrilling interplanetary adventures perfect for solo and cooperative play. It is the perfect opportunity for lovers of the franchise and newcomers to experience this legendary series in one place.
If you already own one or more Borderlands titles:
  • Xbox – If you already own a digital copy of any Borderlands game within the Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One and want to complete your collection, the Microsoft Store automatically entitles you to a special $30 price on this bundle.
  • Steam – If you already own a digital copy of any Borderlands game within the Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box on Steam, you’ll only pay for the content you don’t already own. This will be reflected on the Steam Store page for Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box.
  • PlayStation – If you already own a digital or physical copy of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for PlayStation 4, or a digital or physical copy of Borderlands 3 on PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4, and want to complete your collection, you can access a special $30 upgrade offer on Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box by launching one of these titles and following the in-game instructions.

MrA

Banned
It's like Skyrim, Keeps getting rereleased.
But I don't recall skyrim being dumped at discount stores for 5 bucks a piece 6 months after launch
I think that one only included 1, 2, and the pre-sequel. This one includes those, 3, and both Tales from the Borderlands games.
Third time, The handsome collection only had 2 and presequel , legendary collection had 1 2 and presequel
They should really do aliens colonial marines: the fixed bit edition for maximum trolling

I could swear they've already put out a BL game collection before ?
I was confused as well about this, but apparently they're just bundling the 2 previous SKUs (The Handsome Collection + BL 3 Ultimate Collection) into a single package. It's funny though because I got them both physically last year for €30 (€5 for The Handsome Collection and €25 for BL3 Ultimate Collection) and now they're coming with bullshit like this lol:

While it will normally be priced at $149.99, it will be available at a limited time launch discount price of $59.99.

Though it does seem they're also adding the two Tales from Borderlands games into this complete package so there's that at least. And big lol for not adding Tiny Tina's Wonderlands to this collection if the base price returns to $149.99 after the promotional discount period ends...

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
$60 w/discount if you already own some of the games seems like a great price. LOL at anybody paying $150 for this though.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm assuming any reduction in price will be due to the inclusion of Borderlands the Presequel, Borderlands 3 and Tales from Borderlands 2 as they will need to pay people to play those entries.

T-Cake

• Steam – If you already own a digital copy of any Borderlands game within the Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box on Steam, you’ll only pay for the content you don’t already own. This will be reflected on the Steam Store page for Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box.
Well this is good but it needs to be an exceptional discount (better than the typical Steam bundle price) as I'm only missing the two trashy DLC packs for Borderlands 3.

MirageMew2

Borderlands 3 might’ve been the hardest dip in quality a sequel has had in recent memory. Completely killed the brand for me. Hopefully the movie can salvage what’s left before an inevitable 4.

T-Cake

£11.10 to complete my collection on Steam. I think I will bite at that point as it's like getting the shite BL3 DLC for nothing and the two "Tales" games for roughly a fiver each.

And that's bought now. It feels nice to actually own every little bit. Now all that's missing is the Tiny Tina stuff.

Last edited:
God damn $149.99 after a brief launch “discount”? I can’t imagine being a borderlands fan, though that’s mostly because the games are trite looter shooters with unfunny cringe dialog, but that’s besides the point.

MadPanda

Banned
I'll just wait for a bigger discount on season passes for bl3 and call it a day. Enjoyed the base game.

darthkarki

Got the Handsome Collection thru Plus awhile back. Wonder if I can use that to buy the 30$ upgrade 🤔
I think you can upgrade the 10$ Borderlands 3 disc to the entire collection for 30$

I also have the Handsome Collection through PS+, as well as a physical PS4 disc for Borderlands 3. Can anyone confirm that if I purchase the upgrade through either of these, it will not be tied to PS+ or the disc (i.e. I can play without the disc inserted)?

VN1X

Banned
a9f8X2g.png

Seems fair?

Saying that though I'm a cheap bastard so I kind of want to wait for it go even lower lol. Besides, I still need to play the Pre-Sequel some time so I'm in no rush.

Top Bottom