• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top __ Most Anticipated Games of 2013

JimiNutz

Banned
1. South Park
2. Gears of War: J
3. UFC
4. Dead Space 3
5. Injustice

That's all I really care about for now but will also keep an eye on:

GTA V
Destiny
Watch Dogs
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising

hatchx

Banned
1. Last of Us
2. Pikmin 3
3. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
4. GTAV
5. Fire Emblem Awakening
6. MGS:Rising
7. Wonderful 101
8. Monolith's 'X' (doubt it'll be 2013)
9. Pokemon X/Y
10. Wind Waker HD

Daedardus

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2. Wind Waker (only played the first three hours)
3. Pokémon XY
4. Ni No Kuni
5. Yoshi Land
6. Tales of Xillia

And maybe some other RPG's that are coming, but I don't think that Xenoblade 2 will hit this year.

Tagg9

1. The Last of Us
2. Watch_Dogs
3. Pikmin 3
4. Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
5. Pokemon X/Y
6. Tomb Raider
7. Beyond: Two Souls
8. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
9. Wind Waker HD
10. SimCity
11. Rayman Legends
12. God of War: Ascension
13. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
14. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
15. Destiny

zoku88

Europa Universalis IV is pretty much the only game I can think of.

Most of the games that I'd normally be excited about are no-go's for me because of some issue (region locking, always online, etc.)

Thores

10. Pandora's Tower ; I'm actually not as excited for the game itself as I am for what this could mean for XSEED's relationship with Nintendo. But a new Wii game in 2013 with dating sim elements is still pretty cool.

9. Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers ; This seems like a good warmup for SMT IV, which I'm increasingly optimistic about us getting.

8. Injustice: Gods Among Us ; Every time a new member of the roster gets revealed, I get less and less hyped. However, I still have faith in NetherRealm to deliver an experience packed with content, and an actual elaborate story mode that feels like a campy (but fun) B movie.

7. South Park: The Stick of Truth ; I haven't watched a South Park episode in at least a year, but what I know of the concept and story actually seems like it has the potential to feel like a new Earthbound game, but with a class system and swearing. And though I'm not expecting quite that level of quality, it's something I really want to check out.

6. Project X Zone ; I heard the game isn't that good, also none of the companies involved besides Capcom really break out their big guns for the roster, so my hype might die down between now and the game's release. At the moment though, I'm still just ridiculously thrilled it's even getting localized, and it'll be a Day 0 purchase to support the fact we're getting some niche titles at the very least (but I also like strategy RPGs and several of the franchises involved).

5. Project REDs (Double Fine Adventure) ; I have a lot of faith in Tim Schafer. I hope him and his team take as much time as they need to do this project right.

4. Fire Emblem Awakening ; Fire Emblem hasn't caught my interest in a little while, but this title seems to get all sorts of stuff right. I'm a sucker for customizable avatars, mechanics that award socialization between characters, and dynasty systems, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being my all-time favorite FE game.

3. Sealark ; The gorgeous sprite artstyle, the Flashygoodness soundtrack, influences like Earthbound, Cave Story, and Harvest Moon... this indie title could be pretty much everything I love about video games. The entire staff is just one person, so if the project falls short of its potential I'll understand. But the idea of it even getting close to reaching that potential has me really excited.

2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf ; I loved the hell out of Wild World. I skipped City Folk, but I'm ready to come back. It's been so long, and the franchise is so charming and addicting.

1. Pokemon X/Y ; New generations of Pokemon are always incredibly exciting to me, it's as simple as that. I can't wait to see what new kinds of monsters we get and how they further polish the formula.

Unconfirmed Vote. X ; This would be my #1 pick hands down, but everyone in this thread that thinks we're getting it in 2013, especially in the west, is taking a special kind of crazy pill.

vall03

order is by release dates

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of Titan
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou - wish this is region-free at least if not localized. Still hoping the worldwide release rumor is true.
Tales of Xillia
Pokemon X/Y
Shin Megami Tensei IV - While Im not worried about localization, I highly doubt we will get it this year, but it will still depend on the JP release.

Hoping for localization:
Ys Celceta
Atelier Totori Plus
Atelier Meruru Plus

someone? please localize them!

Zia

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Antichamber
BioShock Infinite
Dota 2
Gone Home
Half-Life 3
The Last of Us
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Monaco
Proteus
Ridiculous Fishing
SimCity
Sportsfriends
Super Time Force
Tearaway
The Witness
Year Walk

I'm sure I'm missing a couple, and I omitted anything that wasn't confirmed for 2013 (The Last Guardian, SpyParty).

Yagharek

I'm not going to list a conventional top x list since I generally find that most of the big name games doing the rounds inevitably either fail to impress or don't deliver on promises.

What I would mention is the most important games I will be looking at so as to decide which way to go next/this coming gen. I still intend to go one system only, for reasons of time mainly. So in order to evaluate what is the best system for me out of Wii U or Orbis I want to see what happens with

Wii U
1. Wonderful 101 - this looks like the creative benchmark for the system, with a vibrancy and theme that is so rarely seen in games today.
2. Pikmin 3 - to see how Miyamoto would use the gamepad. Again, another benchmark for game design ideas for the system.
3. Lego City Undercover - to see if sandbox games can become interesting to me again. It's been 12 years since the last one I enjoyed (Vice City).
4. New 3D Mario game. Simply because it is the game from the Galaxy team.
5. Wind Waker HD. Just to see if it can match the beauty of the original for its time.

PS3/Orbis - depending on which games are cross-gen
1. Metal Gear Solid 5/TPP/GZ - The series is a favourite of mine, and depending on whether it stays on PS3 for now or jumps to Orbis will be a major factor in my purchase decisions.
2. Wipeout - Assuming Orbis is announced, I expect some word on what happens with the series. Should it continue to exist in some form from Evolution perhaps, it'd be nice to see it return.
3. The Last Guardian - I dont care when it comes out if it is as good as its precursors. I'd just like to know what system.
4. Deadly Premonition DC - I'll get this anyway. One of the few games this year thats a definite buy.
5. Pixeljunk series - Any news on Pixeljunk Dungeons, 1-6, or anything else would be nice. Q Games are one of my favourite devs so I just want to see if they have anything near release.

Beyond that, I'm happy for the inevitable flow of interesting games on 3DS and Vita. Both systems need more announcements soon though.

Tizoc

Excuse me for asking this but where can I find a site that lists what games are confirmed for relasing in 2013 on the PS3? I've checked IGN and a few other sites but some had games the other site doesn't =_=

Of games that are definitely coming out:

1. Last of Us
2. God of War: Ascension
3. Bioshock Infinite
4. Lord of Shadows 2
5. Beyond: Two Souls
6. Tearaway
7. Soul Sacrifice
8. MGS Rising
9. Puppeteer

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
On the top of my list:

Wasteland 2 - Fallout 1/2 are like my favorite video games ever. So I'm really excited for this.
Dead State -It's Brian Mitsoda.. I'll be there day-one; even if I never got around to kickstarting it.
Metal Gear Rising - Really enjoyed the demo. And I love MGS, and I love Platinum games, seems like a good combo to me.
The Wonderful 101 - OMG PLATINUM GAMES ALL OVER MY FACE WOOO
New EAD Tokyo 3D Mario game - SMG1/2 + 3D Land were all great.. so this should be great as usual.
Metal Gear Solid 5/Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain - MGS is my favorite video game franchise of all-time next to Fallout, so yeah.
SMT : Soul Hackers - Going have to buy a US 3DS for this.;-; and I'm not even sure if I'll have the money for that in the future.
Dragon quest VIIr - DQVII is my favorite DQ title. So I'm really looking forward to this remake.
Mount and Blade II : Bannerlords - Warband is one of my top-10 games of all time; yet there's a million things they could to improve over the formula.. here's hoping they achieve some of those things with the sequel.\
Dark Souls 2 - Here's hoping they achieve a 2013 release date; although I somehow doubt that.
Doom 4 - ID software are just damn good at doing gunplay, hoping this is basically the best parts of RAGE but with bigger levels, more action, guns etc. Would be a FPSGOTY 2013 easily if it did that.

phierce

God of War Ascension
Bioshock Infinte
The Last of Us
GTA V
MLB 13 The Show

(Dark Souls 2 if its released this year)

Not necessarily in that order, but yeah...

Tizoc

Found a rather reliable listing so....
In no order whatsoever.
PS3:
Beyond: Two Souls
Puppeteer
Tales of Xillia
Kira is dead
Dragon's Crown
Lighting Returns, or as I like to call it: Toriyama's Waifu Returns
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Castlevania: LoS2
Darkstalkers Ressurection

Considering:
Toki to towa
Deadpool
Ninja Gaiden Z

I'm pretty happy, up until this week I was just expecting GTA V and The Last of Us, but I was blown away by the Metal Gear Rising and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, so I'm waiting for these two games two. I love some glorious 60fps graphics. I'm particularly surprised by MGR since, up to now, I didn't really enjoy Platinum Game's games. Sly looks amazingly good (how come the gameplay demo they've shown so far looked like shit and suddenly we get a super sexy demo level?), and the gameplay is ultra smooth. Also Tearaway, Killzone Mercenaries, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 and Zelda Bloom Waker HD.

UrbanRats

tales_of_xillia_20.jpg

Wow, that environment looks stunning to say the least.
Not a fan of that character design though. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Absolutely 100%

Grand Theft Auto 5 - My favorite series of all time. I'd buy it regardless, but the promise of the largest open world from Rockstar yet and the idea of multiple characters has taken my interest to a whole new level.

Yakuza 5 - My second favorite series of all time. Even though it hasn't been confirmed, I choose to believe that Sega will bring it out before next gen consoles. I was feeling a little burned out on the series because of seeing that same city for 4 iterations, and clearly Nagoshi and his team listened. I loved what I got to explore of the new city in the demo, and the inclusion of Taiko Drums is a huge cherry on top. I'm also hoping this is the one where we can end Kiryu's story and move onto something new.

Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers - This is one of the very few SMT titles I haven't played in some capacity. I love the Japanese 90s 'future', and the music is incredible. And just how cool is it that we're getting a US release of a 3ds port of such a niche game? It's the coolest. And I love handheld rpgs. I think I'll fall in love with this one.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 - Not confirmed, but Atlus hasn't failed me so far, and if Soul Hackers is getting a release, this definitely is. Love the art sytle, and I love the Kamen Rider designer working on this. I'm just a huge SMT fan, and I'm hoping it hooks me like Nocturne and SMT 2 did.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - I'm just a big Metal Gear fan. The robot dog looks awesome, and the Gray Fox skin is sweet. The demo wasn't blowing me away, but I had enough fun with it that I'm interested to see where it goes. And I had a lot of fun cutting stuff.

Pokemon Y - I fell out of love with the series for a loooong time, but I got back into it with White 2. I said I wouldn't go back for a while though unless they changed stuff up. And look, they did so! I'm really excited for this one. More excited than I've ever been for Pokemon. I'm hoping they try to have more of a story like White 2 did. A big reason I'm interested though is because this will be the first Pokemon where Japan won't have it early and there won't be tons of FAQs.

Killer Is Dead - I didn't much care for NMH or Lollipop, but Suda's games are always weird enough that I end up having some degree of fun.

Marvel Heroes being playable - It's F2P so yeah.
Project X Zone, Kingdom Hearts HD

Probably going to get bought eventually but in no rush
Dead Space 3, Army of Two 3, Bioshock Infinite, Ken's Rage 2, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Tomb Raider, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Dead Pool, Disney Infinity, God of War: Ascension, Injustice, RE: Revelations HD, Last of Us, Dead Island Riptide, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem

A lot of those will probably get played next year though. I take too long to finish games.

Frogacuda

Banned
Tex Murphy 6/Project Fedora - Absolutely my most-anticipated game. I never thought it would happen, but now that it is, it looks like it might be the best adventure game ever.

Bioshock Infinite - I still believe. I don't know if it can top Dishonored, but it looks amazing.

Double Fine Adventure: This is definitely the year of the adventure game, and Tim Schafer getting back into the game is reason to be excited.

Grand Theft Auto V: Everything they've shown from this looks amazing. Can't wait. Which I'm going to have to, because they delayed it.

Tales of Xillia: This will probably be the first Tales game I get since Vesperia. I used to go nuts for this series, but they burnt it out a little. Xillia looks to get it back on track.

Watch Dogs: Just for the hyper-detailed environments alone.

Honorable mentions to SpaceVenture, Yakuza 5, Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded, and Ni No Kuni (which I haven't played yet, but really want).

In no order because that changes easily.

Bioshock Infinite
MGR: Revengeance
Luigi's Mansion
The Wonderful 101
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider - probably most skeptical about this
Windwaker HD
Fire Emblem

Possible games:

The Last Guardian
Dark Souls II
Console MGS?

I know I'm forgetting some stuff. I guess Castlevania for 3DS if its good.

zashga

Easy picks:

• Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Etrian Odyssey IV
  • Wonderful 101
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wind Waker HD
  • SC2 Heart of the Swarm

Probably not coming this year but still amped:

• Dark Souls 2
  • X

Praying for localization, some day:

• Bravely Default
  • Dragon Quest VII 3DS

Aru

I've already done a similar list on my blog, so I guess I'll just get that list and change the games that are already on shelves.

10 - Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
9 - Bioshock Infinite
8 - The Last of Us
7 - God of War: Ascension
6 - Fire Emblem: Awakening (EU release)
5 - Persona 4 Golden (EU release)
4 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (not a big fan of the first game but I'm hyped because I hope they can fix what went wrong in the first game)
3 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
2 - Ys: Memories of Celceta

1 - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Unconfirmed:
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (would be my second most anticipated game if it had a release date in 2013).

nasos_333

Bravely Default by far for me

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483

Reminds me of FF9, my best game of all time

Nothing is even remotly close to how much i want this one game

A complete list would be like

1. Bravely Default
2. Dark Souls 2
3. Ni no Kuni (still not delivered)
4. Layton and Azran Mysteries
5. Last of Us
6. GOW Ascension
7. Bioshock Infinite
8. Fire Emblem Awakening
9. Etrian Odyssey IV
10. Zelda Wind Walker remake (this one i may not get in 2013 though, since i will wait for a price drop on WIiU probably)
11. Beyond: Two Souls
12. Puppeteer
13. Tales of Xillia
14. Banner Saga

And games i would not play even if you paid me

1. FF Lighting something
2. FF All the Brevest

It is funny how it is possible for Square to have both my best (Bravely Default) and worst (FF13 series, FF ATB) games this generation

Just_Tank

Thanks for all the God of War: Ascension pimpin, our team appreciates it extremely. Here is my personal list:

1. God of War: Ascension (duh for me)
2. Last of Us (I know these guys personally, you're in for something extremely special)
3. Bioshock Infinite (Ken and the boys are beyond talented, BEYOND)
4. Beyond: Two Souls (did I say BEYOND, because I meant it for my excitement here)
6. Tomb Raider (I did a focus group for the very first one in the 90's, boom!)

Cheers,
Tank

p.s. - thank you to the GaF for making me feel like a welcomed Community Strategist, Sony Santa Monica represent!

Sorian

Banned
My hype engines are in equal parts of overdrive for Last of Us and GTAV. I'm hoping LoU doesn't disappoint because it very well could but I can at least fall back onto the fact that there is no such thing as a bad GTA game so I won't be utterly disappointed. Coming in after that on the normal hype bus is equal parts Bioshock Infinite, God of War, and Watch Dogs. Watch Dogs would be higher but I can't trust Ubi all the time and I don't know enough about the game. Basically, all three of these are games that I know can make me happy if done right but they can easily be done wrong too.

Starcraft Expansion, South Park, Bioshock Infinite, and GTA V top my list of known titles right now. Also interested in the new God of War, Gears of War, and I'll wait for more info on The Last of Us.

Prinny

1. Mario Universe
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Mario Kart U
4. Type-0
5. Bravely Default
6. Dark Souls 2
7. Disgaea D2
8. Xillia
9. The God and Fate Revolution Paradox
10. Soul Sacrifice

Sorian

Banned
Starcraft Expansion, South Park, Bioshock Infinite, and GTA V top my list of known titles right now. Also interested in the new God of War, Gears of War, and I'll wait for more info on The Last of Us.

Oh shit, I forgot about the Starcraft expansion
I enjoy the story, I don't care if that makes me wrong or whatever

I'll just do 2013/2014, since I'm sure everything on my list will make it out before 2015.

1. Dark Souls 2
2. The Last of Us
3. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
4. Destiny
5. Xenoblade 2
6. Star Wars 1313
7. Bioshock Infinite
8. The Last Guardian
9. The Witcher 3
10. Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Top Bottom