• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where in the hell is the Pikmin team at?

Pikmin 2 came out in April of 2004, that's almost three years ago. Since then we haven't heard much of anything from the two main creative forces behind Pikmin, Shigefumi Hino and Masamichi Abe, aside from Abe helping out NST with Metroid Prime Hunters, which itself was released almost a year ago. No DS games, certainly no GameCube games, no announced Wii games. I'm not the biggest Pikmin fan, but I enjoyed them on the GameCube and would like to see an oh-so-obvious third installment on the Wii. Where is it Nintendo, where?

They disbanded after Nintendo decided to use Pikmin to power the Wii.

(...they're in ur console, running ur gamez!)

;-)

You yourself say you weren't the biggest Pikmin fan, yet you're badgering them to release a sequel?

Wouldn't you rather they work on something new and exciting?

miguel_c_hammer said:
You yourself say you weren't the biggest Pikmin fan, yet you're badgering them to release a sequel?

Wouldn't you rather they work on something new and exciting?

Pikmin in particular out of all Nintendo's properties has the potential to be great with the Wii remote, and it would be a shame if it was never given the chance. At least one installment with Wii controls, then they can do whatever they want.

Speevy

Banned
I think the two guys that directed Pikmin 2 have to be some of Nintendo's most talented employees, and I'd put them in charge of any Nintendo franchise, any day.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
hopefully nintendo can manage the ds version and wii version at the same time for simultaneous release.
not a joke

Wario64 said:
It's coming on DS

Imagine one day, where graphics are no longer a race to photorealism, and memory (HDD) becomes so abundant that developers don't care anymore how large a game is. And people start caring about the art style of a game, like a Picasso/Salvador Dali rather than a painting of real things. At this point in time, games would come back to there roots and we'd see 8 bit games released, and really hard core photorealistic simulators all on one console, and it's be a portable, since the graphics enhancement a home system would not be seen by the human senses, and you could literally connect your potable wirelessly to your home theatre (or helmet), and play on a big screen.

This is the time I wait for.

Amir0x

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
Up next: The Amir0x Show!

AdmiralViscen you must have much news to talk with us on this robust subject of Pikmin 3's status. Fill us in so that we don't go down this path of mental masturbation.

Just lock it then. Better than making half the ****ing posts in the topic in a dramatic effort to get someone to take offense at your Nintendo bashing.

LOL NONGAMES HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

BTW, it's not out of the question that some listmaster will show up and tell us what other game the Pikmin team might be working on.

Shard said:
I think it is a rerun.

qft

Derps

Banned
the thoroughbred said:
Imagine one day, where graphics are no longer a race to photorealism, and memory (HDD) becomes so abundant that developers don't care anymore how large a game is. And people start caring about the art style of a game, like a Picasso/Salvador Dali rather than a painting of real things. At this point in time, games would come back to there roots and we'd see 8 bit games released, and really hard core photorealistic simulators all on one console, and it's be a portable, since the graphics enhancement a home system would not be seen by the human senses, and you could literally connect your potable wirelessly to your home theatre (or helmet), and play on a big screen.

This is the time I wait for.

060809-7989sl2181.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AdmiralViscen said:
Just lock it then. Better than making half the ****ing posts in the topic in a dramatic effort to get someone to take offense at your Nintendo bashing.

So Amirox has become Derek now?

Amir0x

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:

BTW, it's not out of the question that some listmaster will show up and tell us what other game the Pikmin team might be working on.

Aw, are your feelings hurt? If that was my plan, looks like I hear your tears from all the way over here. Lighten up, or shut the **** up - I don't care. Either way, nothing you are saying has anything to do with what is being said.

I don't give a shit about the substance of your comments, I'm just sick of your schtick.

Let me get back on topic:
brainagepr8.jpg

LMFAO I bet they're making more of these!

Derps said:
The reason I said that was because, instead of having a Pikmin DS and Wii version, in this so called timeline I made up, there would only be one version, and it would no longer be about connectivity to home consoles, it would be carrying on the real thing portably.

Amir0x

Banned
Like I said, grow some balls or move on - crying about it isn't gonna do anything, except actually derail a thread. If you take shit too seriously, that's when threads get derailed.

datruth29

Amir0x said:
Don't worry datruth i hear they have fifteen more versions of "games" with "Brain" in the title coming
Nintendo Presents:
BRAIN DRAIN: ****ing up a good idea minutes a day. I'll buy it!! :/

Amir0x

Banned
GilloD said:
If a mod trolls on the gaming forum, does anyone get a ban?

Well, first it'd have to be trolling. I imagine the meaning of 'trolling' is lost judging by the way people throw the term around these days.

datruth29 said:
BRAIN DRAIN: ****ing up a good idea minutes a day. I'll buy it!! :/

Is it a good idea?

BrodiemanTTR said:
This is pretty much what I was hoping for.

The only person on earth that could tell you is Shikamura Ninja. He has mystic powers that let him know what Nintendo is working on.

gimz

i think this game will be annouced this year, maybe E3

because i remember once Miyamoto said about the wiimote is great for games like Pikmin, so i think they will release pikmin 3 eventually..

Amir0x

Banned
gimz said:
i think this game will be annouced this year, maybe E3

because i remember once Miyamoto said about the wiimote is great for games like Pikmin, so i think they will release pikmin 3 eventually..

Well didn't he also say games like F-Zero might not work too well with wiimote? So that means they're going to announce F-Zero WiiX.

Amir0x said:
Like I said, grow some balls or move on - crying about it isn't gonna do anything, except actually derail a thread. If you take shit too seriously, that's when threads get derailed.

but you're continuing it

datruth29

Amir0x said:
Is it a good idea?
:( I don't hate Nintendo, I just really want a Pikmin 3. Instead, we get the hint of a "WiiMake". *sign*

Well, at the very least its not as frustrating as...... okay, maybe its a good idea I don't mention that series.....

Gigglepoo

BrodiemanTTR said:
Pikmin in particular out of all Nintendo's properties has the potential to be great with the Wii remote

I don't see it that way.

At its heart, Pikmin is a real time strategy game. In theory, RTS should explode on the Wii. A standard controller can be clunky, but a Wiimote should make the experience comparable to a PC RTS, right? You could circle the troops you'd like to use and order them to a specific point on the map with just a flick of your wrist. It should work beautifully, right?

But Pikmin is not a typical RTS. It was one made for the console word, made specifically for the Gamecube controller. The story even ties in to the already established control. You play as Olimar (is that his name...?) and are eliciting the help of these adorable, indigenous creatures. You get their attention by blowing a whistle and than point where they should go.

This is not a RTS where you control an invisible god. You are on the surface with your troops and are manually directing them. You blow your whistle and point to where they should go. I do not see how this would be improved with the Wiimote. Yes, it could function, but would it actually be a better experience? I doubt it.

Amir0x

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
but you're continuing it

Well with all that crying and thrashing, I felt it was best if I tried to console you.

datruth29 said:
:( I don't hate Nintendo, I just really want a Pikmin 3. Instead, we get the hint of a "WiiMake". *sign*

Well, at the very least its not as frustrating as...... okay, maybe its a good idea I don't mention that series.....

Hey, I'm with you. Pikmin 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. Pikmin 3 is one of the driving factors of me getting Wii... just the thought of its existence partially sold me on the system, that's how much I love it. It's frustrating but I realize they can't announce all their surprises already... I just hope Pikmin 3 is a surprise that comes sooner rather than later (or worse: never).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gigglepoo said:
I don't see it that way.

At its heart, Pikmin is a real time strategy game. In theory, RTS should explode on the Wii. A standard controller can be clunky, but a Wiimote should make the experience comparable to a PC RTS, right? You could circle the troops you'd like to use and order them to a specific point on the map with just a flick of your wrist. It should work beautifully, right?

But Pikmin is not a typical RTS. It was one made for the console word, made specifically for the Gamecube controller. The story even ties in to the already established control. You play as Olimar (is that his name...?) and are eliciting the help of these adorable, indigenous creatures. You get their attention by blowing a whistle and than point where they should go.

This is not a RTS where you control an invisible god. You are on the surface with your troops and are manually directing them. You blow your whistle and point to where they should go. I do not see how this would be improved with the Wiimote. Yes, it could function, but would it actually be a better experience? I doubt it.

Well, if that is the case maybe they can just use the Gamecube controller.

datruth29

Gigglepoo said:
I don't see it that way.

Wow. Thats actually a pretty damn good point.

Top Bottom