• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart destroys Fox News (Daily Show, 4/24/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just another day at Fox News.

The people who shout most about the Constitution are the most likely to strip it for parts. Their MO is projecting their own practices on opponents.

What I don't get is that... why don't more conservatives call out Fox News for their BS. Most conservatives I know HATE Fox News! They're more intelligent than ANY of their reporters/anchors. Which leads me to believe their ignorance/stupidity is means to draw attention or ratings.

antonz

There was nothing wrong with Bob Beckle's point. Its a shame Stewart gutted what he actually said for a soundbite gotcha moment.

He points out over 20% of all muslim student Visas currently come to this country then go MIA never showing up to school etc and the fact we need to close the system while we find all these people who could potentially be quite dangerous.

Hagi

How the fuck do you guys have people like that on a "news" channel? boggles the mind. Are these kind of opinions exclusive to FOX or is this a common occurrence in American news media?

sangreal

What I don't get is that... why don't more conservatives call out Fox News for their BS. Most conservatives I know HATE Fox News! They're more intelligent than ANY of their reporters/anchors. Which leads me to believe their ignorance/stupidity is means to draw attention or ratings.

Most conservatives I follow hate Fox News because it isn't crazy enough (they push the GOP party line to the detriment of more conservative factions)

desh

There was nothing wrong with Bob Beckle's point. Its a shame Stewart gutted what he actually said for a soundbite gotcha moment.

He points out over 20% of all muslim student Visas currently come to this country then go MIA never showing up to school etc and the fact we need to close the system while we find all these people who could potentially be quite dangerous.

Which one is Bob Beckle, and do you have a full clip of him articulating his point?

antonz

How the fuck do you guys have people like that on a "news" channel? boggles the mind. Are these kind of opinions exclusive to FOX or is this a common occurrence in American media?

Fox news is basically only News during the early part of the day and during major events. After like 4PM its exclusively an opinion network

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
There is one GIF missing.

"I don't care if she [the wife] was involved or not. She should be arrested for wearing a hijab" - Ann Coulter

it's there just click

"View the entire album,"

xBIseEm.gif

FuoCwb1.gif

E5DHxQT.gif

sangreal

How the fuck do you guys have people like that on a "news" channel? boggles the mind. Are these kind of opinions exclusive to FOX or is this a common occurrence in American news media?

People will claim that it's okay because it's an opinion show and not a news show. The problem is that they feed into each other, as the Daily Show did a great job of pointing out: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-29-2009/for-fox-sake-

(around 6:45)

Years ago, I used to defend Fox News. I would point out that while the anchors are conservative, they bring on someone from both sides of the argument for every segment. The problem is, after awhile you realize that the people they bring on for the "left" side are weak, not really on the left, and can't handle the 2v1.

Toa TAK

Banned
"She ought to be imprisoned for wearing a Hijab"

What the fuck...?

"Fashion police state!"

This is great, John Stewart does this often, but I only catch it on the internet.

Need to go back to watching him and Colbert more often on the TV.

It's sad now that this dude (or the people involved with the show, too) is conducting journalism practices better than the fools at Fox News.

I imagine many Western countries share similar problems when it comes to student visas; you have people from poor backgrounds coming here on those visas to 'study', but in reality its just a platform for them to go to work. Here in England, its particularly problematic. But Beckle's point goes beyond that.

If we can surmise that, because the elder brother migrated to the States, that we should thus refuse entry to Muslim migrants then extending that logic, should we send American Muslims to interment camps on the basis that the younger brother grew up in the country?

sangreal

I can't watch the video, but what do muslim student visas have to do with anything? The alleged Boston bombers were refugees since they were kids. They weren't here on student visas, and Dzhokhar is a US citizen

inky

it's there just click

"View the entire album,"

xBIseEm.gif

FuoCwb1.gif

E5DHxQT.gif

She should be imprisoned for saying something like this. Oh wait, there is an amendment that prevents that from happening. I wonder how'd she feel if people ignored it and do the same to her.

Jesus. How do all these people get away with just promoting hate on TV every day.

I can't watch the video, but what do muslim student visas have to do with anything? The alleged Boston bombers were refugees since they were kids. They weren't here on student visas, and Dzhokhar is a US citizen

The were muslims. They were students. Now block them all!

And the entire immigration bill is probably kind of dead now . . . . 2 crazy Islamist Chechens ruined things for immigrants from the entire rest of the planet.

Measley

Sad thing is that there's people out there who agree with them.

The 1997 film, The Siege with Bruce Willis and Denzel Washington was prophetic as fuck.

DrBo42

That's exactly what it is. It's the visual version of that trashy not-quite-magazine you pass at the grocery check-out aisle claiming Bigfoot has been spotted at the White House.

rCIZZLE

People will claim that it's okay because it's an opinion show and not a news show. The problem is that they feed into each other, as the Daily Show did a great job of pointing out: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-29-2009/for-fox-sake-

(around 6:45)

Years ago, I used to defend Fox News. I would point out that while the anchors are conservative, they bring on someone from both sides of the argument for every segment. The problem is, after awhile you realize that the people they bring on for the "left" side are weak, not really on the left, and can't handle the 2v1.

The news half really isn't that bad. Their coverage of major events especially is exactly like what you find on from other sources.

Regarding the guests, this seems to be a problem with most if not all talk shows. The opposing voice always gets dogpiled by the host, other guests, and audience if there is one. Shame really since a talk show with equal opposing viewpoints is the most interesting.

So it's still

2nd amendment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1st amendment (and only when it's conservative talking points or the ability to lie and misinform viewers) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(insert several million more) >>all others?

actually, he might be on to something. A bunch of muslim-americans should form a regulated armed militia just to see the right wingers lose their shit.

Videoneon

inb4 BubbleBobbleMan

God this player sucks ass. Won't load for shit, and when it does it stutters all over the place.

Yeah I can't stand the Comedy Central video players...and I can't help but think it's been like this forever. I would watch Colbert Report clips in high school and same thing.

strobogo

Banned

What about non-Muslim/Arabs on student visas who come here and then go MIA? Is there a number on that? That sounds like something students from all over the world would do just to get into America.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Is it bad that I watched this online the day after it aired, but didn't realize this thread was referring to that episode because this shit happens on an almost regular basis?

Enzom21

As a liberal, I find it increasingly irritating when a reply to a serious discussion on something like gun control or women's rights is something like...

"Well you know...GOP" or "Well, it's FoxNews"

...without a follow-up comment.

Conservatives are guilty of it too on Facebook/IRL (not so much GAF). They'll throw around tired phrases like "the mainstream media" or "you didn't build that" to counter an argument and leave it at that. It just doesn't take any thought and it doesn't add anything meaningful to the discussion.

Shouldn't a political discussion warrant more of a thoughtful response?

See this is why most people say "LOL FoxNews/Republicans"
There is no reasoned argument to be had about any of the nonsense they were spouting.

actually, he might be on to something. A bunch of muslim-americans should form a regulated armed militia just to see the right wingers lose their shit.

That would be glorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom