• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart destroys Fox News (Daily Show, 4/24/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I was confused about what Anne Coulter's point in existing was until recently. Now I'm not so angry at her anymore - everyone's gotta have a job and her's is to be a professional "word that is banned".
Actually, it's no longer banned. You can call her a cunt all you want.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Ann Coulter is, and I neither say this word nor use it lightly, a cunt. A C-U-N-T, full stop. She is an absolutely amoral, soulless void of existence with absolutely no redeeming value...

Fuzz Rez

Banned
And this is why The Daily Show is on Comedy Central. Its just entertaining.
But it's bad entertainment. They can do much better, I know since I have been fan of the show for long time and still am. I just wish they wouldn't take the easy route so often like everyone else does.

Angry Fork

I stopped enjoying Stewart for the most part after the rally to restore sanity where he pulled an obama move, and the segment shitting on Occupy movement. That was about the time I started to dislike liberals in general. I like some of his interviews but the general show is predictable and sometimes annoying.

But yea Ann Coulter's comment was hilarious, made my jaw drop. I wonder how far right Fox News can go before you start seeing fascist imagery, if it could ever get to that point.

lenovox1

That show was so bad. Why is conservative humor so completely devoid of actual humor?

Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfield is okay occasionally. Ann Coultre even said that Pres. Obama has "a nice family" and had a "good idea" when she was a guest last night. And any show that hates Chris Brown is a friend of mine.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Fucking hell. He demolished all of them.

They made it pretty easy for him this time the way they all dogpiled onto the issue blindly and in unison. He didn't even have to dig as deep as he normally does for contradicting footage.

I'm a big fan of these segments.

They made it pretty easy for him this time the way they all dogpiled onto the issue blindly and in unison. He didn't even have to dig as deep as he normally does for contradicting footage.

I'm a big fan of these segments.

Definitely. He set the segment up so perfectly though

Yes, really. The courts do an excellent job protecting the freedom to say what you want.

Which is ironic considering that Fox News perpetuates this idea that Obama is trying to turn us into a facist dictatorship, yet if that were even remotely true, they wouldn't have the power to spew their bullshit and he would've shut them down a LONG time ago.

Which is ironic considering that Fox News perpetuates this idea that Obama is trying to turn us into a facist dictatorship, yet if that were even remotely true, they wouldn't have the power to spew their bullshit and he would've shut them down a LONG time ago.

No doubt. Most Fox News personalities are dumb, but I'm glad they have the right to be that way.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Is this real?

In America can someone on TV actually get away with saying "she should be in prison for wearing a hijab"?

Really?
Like John Kerry said, the first amendment gives people the right to be stupid.

actually, he might be on to something. A bunch of muslim-americans should form a regulated armed militia just to see the right wingers lose their shit.

I've been saying this for the last year. Americans want gun control? Give every African American and Middle Eastern a permit to carry a concealed weapon and have them all walk around with their weapons on the same day and time.

America would absolutely flip the fuck out.

KarmaCow

You aren't entitled to a (nation-wide) platform to spout the silly shit you want to say. This isn't about wanting the government censorship or anything extreme like that but finding it baffling that saying crazy shit like that is not immediately considered you know, crazy but is actually playing to the audience.

alstein

How the fuck do you guys have people like that on a "news" channel? boggles the mind. Are these kind of opinions exclusive to FOX or is this a common occurrence in American news media?

Cable news is more about promoting an agenda than news- CNN is fairly mainstream, but FOX news is far-right and MSNBC is far-left (you see less complaints about MSNBC because folks here tend to agree with them, but they are just as bad, maybe worse)

No news media outlet it without bias- even the lauded BBC over here has its biases. This is why you need multiple sources. That said, I don't consider FOX or MSNBC credible sources at all, so my parents give it to me because they think I get "everything off the internet" (which is also an echo chamber)

That said, Coulter is particularly vile. She's about .8 on the Westboro Baptist scale of vileness.

zaccheus

Banned
i watched about 3 minutes of that and then quickly remembered why i stopped watching his show in the first place.. i really wish he didn't rely on so much pop culture/family guy-ish humor. you don't need that shit to be funny and i think it's just not funny anyway. bashing on fox news is nothing new for stewart and i don't think anything will ever be accomplished. :/ if you want to help fix this country you need to start asking the real questions, instead stewart just beats a dead horse with the equivalent of 4chan memes because it makes arm-chair liberals like redditors laugh.

i agree with a previous poster that the rally for sanity thing was a huge embarrassment made me realize that both "sides" are equally as stupid as the other. politics and all this current event news is just a crock of shit. even NPR is declining in quality as of late.

Cable news is more about promoting an agenda than news- CNN is fairly mainstream, but FOX news is far-right and MSNBC is far-left (you see less complaints about MSNBC because folks here tend to agree with them, but they are just as bad, maybe worse)

No news media outlet it without bias- even the lauded BBC over here has its biases. This is why you need multiple sources. That said, I don't consider FOX or MSNBC credible sources at all, so my parents give it to me because they think I get "everything off the internet" (which is also an echo chamber)

That said, Coulter is particularly vile. She's about .8 on the Westboro Baptist scale of vileness.

How far left is MSNBC when Joe Scarborough has his own show?

Another MSNBC/Fox News false equivalence?

Christ. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!

Holy shit.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
i watched about 3 minutes of that and then quickly remembered why i stopped watching his show in the first place.. i really wish he didn't rely on so much pop culture/family guy-ish humor. you don't need that shit to be funny and i think it's just not funny anyway. bashing on fox news is nothing new for stewart and i don't think anything will ever be accomplished. :/ if you want to help fix this country you need to start asking the real questions, instead stewart just beats a dead horse with the equivalent of 4chan memes because it makes arm-chair liberals like redditors laugh.

You may need to watch the show more than just when it is popular around the internet to understand that the show in fact does not rely on "memes and Family Guy-ish humor" to get ratings.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
You may need to watch the show more than just when it is popular around the internet to understand that the show in fact does not rely on "memes and Family Guy-ish humor" to get ratings.

That's true. They still do some great stuff, most recent was Oliver's trip to Australia. But taking down fox "news" has become bit of a used segment and it's really a cheapest joke you can play at this point when it comes to political comedy.

Link

The Autumn Wind
That's true. They still do some great stuff, most recent was Oliver's trip to Australia. But taking down fox "news" has become bit of a used segment and it's really a cheapest joke you can play at this point when it comes to political comedy.
Well, someone has to call out Fox News on their bullshit, because no one else seems to be doing it.

strobogo

Banned
How far left is MSNBC when Joe Scarborough has his own show?

Well, Joe is pretty liberal for a conservative and his entire crew are as liberal as anyone on MSNBC. And it seems like he takes a lot of time off with Mika/Willy helming the show. It's not like Joe is some hardcore conservative by any stretch. He's a nominal conservative at best.

The main difference between FOX and MSNBC is that MSNBC does a much better job at not mixing their actual news with the opinions of the newscasters. FOX blurs that line way too often and often to ridiculous extents. And the prime time opinion shows are on FOX are usually straight up hateful fear mongering with blatantly made up bullshit, where as the MSNBC opinion shows tend to be a bit more intellectual and sourced and admit mistakes when they are made.

But then, MSNBC has Ed Shultz and Al Sharpton, who are as bad as anything FOX puts out.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Well, someone has to call out Fox News on their bullshit, because no one else seems to be doing it.

I see Rachel Maddow and other pundits from MSNBC doing it and Bill Maher does it often. And why do we need to call them out? As I said before any one with half a brain can see through their hatefull bull shit. People who don't see through their bull shit don't watch Stewart or other talking heads of liberal tv.

edit. Haven't watched Maddow's show or other MSNBC shows for long time so I don't know if they still do it. I still watch Bill and he rants about Fox often.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
The american political discussion is way more interesting than our Swedish dito.

Watching political discussion in Scandinavian countries is like watching paint to dry. Every now and then you have some member from populistic party saying some stupid shit but that happesn like once in a year.

MSNBC wishes they were as far out as Fox News. Their liberal agenda is just a cynical attempt to be the left wing version of Fox News but Fox News takes their insanity and hyperbole to the nth degree. It's probably easier to do that when you're whole agenda relies on fear and other base emotions which are easier to manipulate and less reliant on facts and information.

What a frustrating racist

And the pew research thing is so strongly distorted by him. There are probably more people who would rape and murder you than would declare a holy war against the United States. In Christianity I bet I could find more than enough examples of people who would take pleasure in the suffering of homosexuals.

I see Rachel Maddow and other pundits from MSNBC doing it and Bill Maher does it often. And why do we need to call them out? As I said before any one with half a brain can see through their hatefull bull shit. People who don't see through their bull shit don't watch Stewart or other talking heads of liberal tv.

edit. Haven't watched Maddow's show or other MSNBC shows for long time so I don't know if they still do it. I still watch Bill and he rants about Fox often.

I wish that were true, but it's kind of not. They have a pretty good sized audience, and anecdotally speaking, I have family members who I generally regard as intelligent people in most respects who lap that shit up.

strobogo

Banned
Bigger cunt: Nancy Grace or Ann Coulter?

Cunt isn't a word I use lightly against women (although a lot of dudes are cunty as fuck), but I don't think there is a better word to describe either woman. The question then becomes, who embodies the word more?

jet1911

sanstitre3vusm.png

Heh.

Pterion

Boondocks has figured out Ann Coulter a while ago. She's gotta get paid too, you know. It's got to be all for show.

I see a lot of talking points from Rachel Maddow here on GAF. That doesn't mean they're neceessarily wrong but it still shows we take our ques from media and that can be dangerous if you dont apply critical thinking to them. Sure, rachel is pretty left but i've never seen her state something as being blatantly untrue or claim science is a sham. You may not agree with her and thats okay. But theres logic behind her statements. Bill O'Reilly saying you can't explain the tides or Ann Coulter and others demanding Constitutional rights be violated in the fight against Islam is orders of magnitude removed from simply promoting an agenda based on facts.

Donos

Watched it all and shook my head all the time.
By the way wow Bassem Youssef is such an awesome and charismatic guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom