• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get The Maw, Splosion Man, Ms. Splosion Man and Comic Jumper on XBLA for 800MSP ($10)

Quite a surprising price, out now!

It's basically four average games with enough humour to allow you to look past the averageness, but they're more than worth the $2.50 each you're basically paying. The Maw is the best of the bunch.

Also, don't forget that Xbox Rewards members get 800MSP back if they spend 3,200MSP on XBLA stuff this month!

Rad-

It's basically four average games with enough humour to allow you to look past the averageness, but they're more than worth the $2.50 each you're basically paying. The Maw is the best of the bunch.

Nonononono. Splosion Man is one of my favorite DL games this gen! Great deal.

That's great value. I didn't like Comic Jumper, but the other three are great titles. The Maw especially. Still waiting on a sequel, TP.

Wow. I bought them all full price back when they released and that was worth it (except for Comic Jumper). So 800 for the four games is a must-insta-buy guys.

Good for people who don't own any of the games at all but if you've bought more than one you get a bit burned on this. And I'm guessing it would be too much like right to even assume that the games individually be reduced to 200 a piece to match.

The fuck? Comic Jumper is the only average game there. The Maw is great, but far too short, and the Splosion games are both amazing, but just lacking in environment variety (the backgrounds all look the same).

This is one of the best deals on XBLA, easily.

Good for people who don't own any of the games at all but if you've bought more than one you get a bit burned on this. And I'm guessing it would be too much like right to even assume that the games individually be reduced to 200 a piece to match.

Are you new to XBLA deals? Because as far as I can tell, that's one of the best deals around, even if you already own one of those games. Hell, if you own two of them you make it even with the average deal that we get around every Deal of the Week.

Splosion Man has one of the greatest learning curves and paths of evolution through simplicity I've seen in games this generation. It's the sort of game that would have been great no matter what year it was released.

Not too sure about the rest.

Are you new to XBLA deals? Because as far as I can tell, that's one of the best deals around, even if you already own one of those games. Hell, if you own two of them you make it even with the average deal that we get around every Deal of the Week.

I can't say that I'm not actually. But point taken that math is math. The 4 separately are 3200 points so a 75% mark off for all 4 together. Me, I own every game in the collection except for Comic Jumper which as I'm posting this is 1200 points. So point taken. I'll wait for a DotW on it and pick this up for Comic Jumper that sale price instead of buying it individually.

Quite a surprising price, out now!

Think you're underselling them here. 'Splosion Man was anything but average. One of the most original 2D platformers I've played in a while, had a weird "Crash Bandicoot" 90's vibe to it. Haven't played Ms. Splosion Man, but I imagine it's the same.

Might buy this later on.

Gbraga

Splosion Man is a great game, worth the price of the bundle by itself if you don't have it already.

I wish they'd give Comic Jumper another shot and make a more refined sequel.

Sojgat

The gameplay in Comic Jumper isn't all that great, but everything else about it is awesome. Visual presentation, humour, and music are all worth the price of admission.

Z_Y

The only one I don't own is cosmic jumper. Bad impressions on GAF scared me away :-/

I'd jump all over it for 200msp though. Maybe they'll adjust the prices of individual games accordingly. Or at least drop them to 400.

Derrick01

Banned

Comic jumper is far from an average game. Can be funny at times but the gameplay is the definition of a chore, mostly because the levels last waaaay too long.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
One problem with Comic Jumper is the game's upgrade balance--I did a replay of the game about a year after my first playthrough, and starting from the beginning fully upgraded made a huge difference in my enjoyment.

Derrick01

Banned
But what do you think of the rest, Mr. Greatest Game Player, Critic And Analyst Ever?

The maw is a relaxing game but don't expect much from it, it has 0 depth or challenge.

Splosion man was good and at least for me it was pretty difficult but my specialty isn't exactly in the 2D platformer genre. I haven't played Ms. Splosion man yet.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Splosion Man is above average. I can't speak for the rest except for The Maw, which is average.

Since I have no interest in Comic Jumper it's not worth $10 for Ms. Splosion Man alone.

Tadale

I bought all of those for full price except Comic Jumper, which I still don't have. I'd like to get that one on a discount.

Splosion man was good and at least for me it was pretty difficult but my specialty isn't exactly in the 2D platformer genre. I haven't played Ms. Splosion man yet.

Ms Splosion Man utilises levels of a more situational or gimmicky variety, such as "stay alive on this car against falling debris until the clock runs out" instead of the puzzles, time trials and survival runs of the original. The humour is also a lot weaker. Ms Splosion Man's characteristics felt more annoying than endearing. The expectation that we're meant to laugh at her recital of Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" is unrealistic, to put it lightly.

It's definitely a measure less than its predecessor, which I find to be in the same class as Rayman Origins.

I can't say that I'm not actually. But point taken that math is math. The 4 separately are 3200 points so a 75% mark off for all 4 together. Me, I own every game in the collection except for Comic Jumper which as I'm posting this is 1200 points. So point taken. I'll wait for a DotW on it and pick this up for Comic Jumper that sale price instead of buying it individually.

Of course if you're only looking for Comic Jumper, that's not a good deal. However, I don't think they'll put sales on these games anymore since you can get all of them for 800.

And to be honest, Comic Jumper is not worth it compared to the rest.

If you want this, you have today and tomorrow to get it for 800pts. After that, it increases in price to a quite frankly ludicrous 2,400pts, which it isn't even close to being worth.

(Though presumably this is just so they can reduce it back to 800pts in a few weeks in a sale and be all "WOW! 1600pts off!!!")

Tenki

Wow, that's a very nice price. I already have all the games, but I'd buy it just for Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man.

Top Bottom