• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW GTA4 Trailer coming! Pretenders cry, R* ain't giving up the crown.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
ItsInMyVeins said:
cover_ed.jpg

I want that issue :(

I'm liking the new updated version of the GTA art a lot more!

Sean

Banned
gimmmick said:
Cheese on rice, game informer ALWAYS scores the best exclusives.

yeah they seem to get every major exclusive cover-story. i just re-subscribed to them last week so hopefully I get the GTA IV issue.

deadbeef

I subscribed when there was that rabble about the Uncharted game from Naughty Dog. I hope they processed my subscription fast enough to get this issue in.

Wow. That version of the character looks so cool. I hope it's not like Twilight Princess where I love the concept art, but the in-game model doesn't look right (something about Link's nose bothered me).

deadbeef

oo Kosma oo said:
After looking some youtube video's of Koyaanisqatsi I decided to buy it. The movie totally kicks ass if you're into that kind of thing. Can't wait for it to be delivered so I can kick back on the couch and get mesmerized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vINtNxnGMBg&mode=related&search
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t29fgA5M7VA&mode=related&search

I downloaded the OST from Koyaanisqatsi today from Rhapsody. I bought the movie today as well. I remember distinctly Phillip Glass from my Music Appreciation course at university. Add to this the cool film techniques in the youtube clip and I'm interested enough to buy it. I picked it up with a similar film (apparently) called Chronos on Blu-Ray from Amazon.com.

Insertia

Big GTA fan, wasn't impressed.

Everything looks recycled from previous GTA's. Next generation systems they're working on and the first official sequel to 3. Step it up.

OK so, I've been playing VCS on psp and San Andreas on xbox lately as a response to my personal hype.

All I have to say Rockstar, is this.

NO ****ING FORKLIFT MISSIONS!!

Dice Man said:
I downloaded the OST from Koyaanisqatsi today from Rhapsody. I bought the movie today as well. I remember distinctly Phillip Glass from my Music Appreciation course at university. Add to this the cool film techniques in the youtube clip and I'm interested enough to buy it. I picked it up with a similar film (apparently) called Chronos on Blu-Ray from Amazon.com.

hahaha, see now, this is the power of Rockstar. They have the Midas touch when it comes to Grand Theft Auto. I remember back when Vice City was being first pimped with that awesome flash site they set up, you could listen to the radio and change the dial to hear some music on most of the stations. I immediately booted up amazon and did some album research, and the next day went out and bought some 80s collections :lol Now, its happening all over again. I'll probably end up buying Koyaanisqatsi LOL :lol

CrapSandwich said:

GTAForeigner FTW! :lol :lol I love this. CHEESUS CHRIST I LOVE GAF

Oh, and isn't that comic missing a panel?

Link - "Snake? How do you think I feel? I go the cel-shaded route for one game and I'm nailed to the ****ing cross. Sheeat."

I think he's a jewish-russian immigrant! That explains his accent (slavic) and his appearance (semitic "arab").
That way Rockstar makes sure it has realistic organized crime background with a huge reservoir of cultural references/jokes (like with blacks and italians). omg a neurotic sidekick it the spirit of Woody Allen would be so nice...

It wouldn't be possible with armenians, georgians, ex-yugoslavianns since average joe knows shit about them.
So mark my words: he's an ex-sowjet(maybe ukrainian)-jewish immigrant.

Neomoto

I've seen the trailer two times now and I have to say that GTA IV looks ****ing awesome! I'm a big GTA fan so I can't wait to get my hands on this heh. I just hope that they've managed to put enough new stuff in the game to keep the series going forward (and that too much realism won't hurt the gameplay). It would also be very cool if they did a (scaled down) Wii version since everyone seems to be very impressed with Godfather Wii (I'll buy this game in a couple of weeks ;)). Somehow gta + wii controlls seems to have the potential to be completely awesome!

Mooreberg

Systems_id said:
It's amazing that graphically GTA4 eclipses many current next-gen games despite the huge scale.

I wasn't expecting much with the amount of "next-gen" games that don't look like much of a generational leap, but this is a really huge improvement over how the previous generation games looked. Looks like the amount of development time they had is going to good use.

{Mike}

Banned
Neomoto said:
I've seen the trailer two times now and I have to say that GTA IV looks ****ing awesome! I'm a big GTA fan so I can't wait to get my hands on this heh. I just hope that they've managed to put enough new stuff in the game to keep the series going forward (and that too much realism won't hurt the gameplay). It would also be very cool if they did a (scaled down) Wii version since everyone seems to be very impressed with Godfather Wii (I'll buy this game in a couple of weeks ;)). Somehow gta + wii controlls seems to have the potential to be completely awesome!

Old pops don't play GTA, so forget the Wii

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
bishoptl said:
It was eight shades of stupid, capped off by a massive purge. Looks like I'll be doing all over again. See you later, Hitler!

=/ It was completely sad the amount of interweb shit mongering of "GTA sales tank w/ black protagonist" we had here. I assume we will here the same broken record on this one, which is equally sad.

the whole "players won't identify with them" thing is a total cop out, I don't identify with bald space marines or italian plumbers but that doesn't mean the game can't be fun.

EDIT: :lol replying to three day old posts .. :(

Snaku

Banned
DopeyFish said:
safest big city? :lol

GTA in NYC is like Halo in disneyland? WTF

The Disneyland remark is particularly funny, considering that there's no reason why the war with the Covenant couldn't spill over into an amusement park on Earth. :lol

Get on it, Bungie!

Pimpbaa

Earn points for injuring or killing police officers? Idiots, ****ing idiots. You get punished for killing police officers in the form of more coming after you. Police officers in the game have been nothing more than an annoyance to be avoided while trying to do missions.

Top Bottom