• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW GTA4 Trailer coming! Pretenders cry, R* ain't giving up the crown.

01gta4trailer2.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Screw that crap, what's rockstar thinking. This is putting me off more than making me excited. Answer questions, give previews, do good interviews. No one can copy you before you release gta4. Give the fans some info.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Screw that crap, what's rockstar thinking. This is putting me off more than making me excited. Answer questions, give previews, do good interviews. No one can copy you before you release gta4. Give the fans some info.

eh this is what they always did before every gta

8bit

Knows the Score
There's some new info from the Turkish 360 magazine apparently.

1) When you move, there is a slight vibration with every footstep when you run

2) The HUD has been removed- no health or armour indicators, it is all visual- and if you have armour, you actually have a bulletproof vest which visually deteriorates

3) Flame thrower and rocket launcher are still in the game

4) Explosions are larger than ever, and there is a mission in the game based on creating an awesome chain reaction of car explosions- apparently this looks awesome

4) Cars don't explode unless you blow them up - I.E they wont explode if you just keep crashing or hitting them - you have to rocket launch into them

5) Niko doesn't get tired- you can run forever, it just wont be as fast as previously.

6) more RPG elements, I.E - for a mission, you must catch the train at 7pm, and if you don't, you don't get to do that particular mission (they just gave this as an example, the scenario isn't confirmed in the game yet)

7) Gore is back and better, bullet wounds show, blood appears where you shoot people, they limp if you shoot them in the leg, and hold their arm if you shoot their arm. Apparently when you run someone over it is disturbing (but they gave no more detail)

No eating, girlfriends, keeping fit- but your skills do improve over time (driving etc)

9) Secret vehicles and “plenty of goodies” at 100% completion- no more details given (either not revealed or simply not known yet)

10) Land size is bigger than the 3 cities (not country) in SA put together

11) graphics are better than Saints Row - draw distance is literally as far as you can see

12) new trailer will be on the internet 28th of June

http://www.xboxliveaddicts.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18356

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
2) The HUD has been removed- no health or armour indicators, it is all visual- and if you have armour, you actually have a bulletproof vest which visually deteriorates

4) Explosions are larger than ever, and there is a mission in the game based on creating an awesome chain reaction of car explosions- apparently this looks awesome

4) Cars don't explode unless you blow them up - I.E they wont explode if you just keep crashing or hitting them - you have to rocket launch into them

7) Gore is back and better, bullet wounds show, blood appears where you shoot people, they limp if you shoot them in the leg, and hold their arm if you shoot their arm. Apparently when you run someone over it is disturbing (but they gave no more detail)

No eating, girlfriends, keeping fit- but your skills do improve over time (driving etc)

9) Secret vehicles and “plenty of goodies” at 100% completion- no more details given (either not revealed or simply not known yet)

10) Land size is bigger than the 3 cities (not country) in SA put together

11) graphics are better than Saints Row - draw distance is literally as far as you can see

:O @ these

The Gore sounds awesome. I cannot wait to see how running over a person looks.

october? Im buying it

good to know graphics are 'better than saints row'.....actually its a shit comparison, GTA IV looks ace...most games look better than saints row

Ranger X

nelsonroyale said:
october? Im buying it

good to know graphics are 'better than saints row'.....actually its a shit comparison, GTA IV looks ace...most games look better than saints row

We already can see GTA4 looks alot better than Saints Row and also better than Crackdown anyways.

antiloop said:
With PS3 having more than 10 times the RAM available compared to PS2 and the fact that games are in 720p/1080p instead of 480i, it's pretty realistic to say that Blu-ray will be used to it's full potential this generation. If they don't compress everything to hell and let the SPE:s/leftover cores do some decompressing.

Not with this game though or other multiplatform titles, I don't think.

Blu-Ray is 50gb dual layered. No one is going to utilize all of that space this generation. Even if the actual game data is a ridiculous size of 20gb, you still have room for almost 4 hours of 1080p video. No way that it's full potential will be this generation.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Rockstar, welcome to 1997, I mean seriously, trumpeting a feature that Goldeneye 64 had is not exactly all that encouraging, :p

Anyway, looking good so far, I hope that Rockstar manage some sort of generational jump in terms of gameplay features, of course it wont be the same as it was from 2 to 3, but I want more than GTA3 + HD + a few new details, we'll see though.

FightyF

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
october? Im buying it

Nope. You obviously haven't put a good amount of time into SR.

But I think it's clear from the vid that GTAIV looks better overall.

At first I was thinking that slower, but constant, running would be a bad thing...but I think I'll get used to it.

Oni Jazar

AEBrock said:
Blu-Ray is 50gb dual layered. No one is going to utilize all of that space this generation. Even if the actual game data is a ridiculous size of 20gb, you still have room for almost 4 hours of 1080p video. No way that it's full potential will be this generation.

Sony has announced that dual-layer blu-ray games will be out this year.

gljvd

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
Sony has announced that dual-layer blu-ray games will be out this year.

is this another resistance statement where at first they used up all this room and slowly each time they talked about it they used up less room ?

I don't see the need for more than 25 gigs (even 25 gigs is pushing it ) unless your using alot of video like the darkness and its popeye video or a ff 13

Man one thing I really hope is that they made the copsystem better. I want to hide, I want to use my sniper and not get caught, I want to run in an alley and have the cops lose me, not this connected-with-an-invisible-wire-to-the-cops thing.

Zenith

Banned
AEBrock said:

it's on 360 anyway so the point is moot.

Fight for Freeform said:
Nope. You obviously haven't put a good amount of time into SR.

But I think it's clear from the vid that GTAIV looks better overall.

At first I was thinking that slower, but constant, running would be a bad thing...but I think I'll get used to it.

yeah, I only played a little of saints row but between the wigger crap and the my initial impression of the graphics (last gen with some next gen elements) I thought it looked bad, and a rip off of GTA

this looks excellent, which is surprising....its GTA

peace

Stop It said:

Rockstar, welcome to 1997, I mean seriously, trumpeting a feature that Goldeneye 64 had is not exactly all that encouraging, :p

Goldeneye did it with, what, four people in a death match, or a handful of enemies scattered around a level, right?

Consider the amount of pedestrians, criminals, etc. that are going to be all swarming about with their own AI in this game, each one with the potential to have to take this and tons of other things into account all at the same time. The idea may be old, but implementation on this scale is a big deal, and a very big power trade-off for the developer to make for a bit more realism.

Takuan

01gta4trailer2.jpg

I still don't like that Nico's character model doesn't look anything like this. He looks like a Middle-Eastern guy with a skin disorder.

Well it's out. Didn't even know it was coming until I saw it on XBL. Freaking awesome, tons of gameplay and great music. Standard GTA framerate problems, but who cares.

Annnnnnnnnnnd I'm blind. Love that I see the thread the moment I bump this.

rkenshin

Son of Godzilla said:
Well it's out. Didn't even know it was coming until I saw it on XBL. Freaking awesome, tons of gameplay and great music. Standard GTA framerate problems, but who cares.

There's still no gameplay.. Just realtime cutscenes.. Still nice regardless

bumpkin

Son of Godzilla said:
Standard GTA framerate problems, but who cares.
Well the game isn't finished yet, and someone in the other thread said optimizations come at the end of the development. Here's hopping this can be the first stutter-free GTA.

Top Bottom