• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Sonic Lost World 3DS screenshot

soniclostworld052413coverjpg-50e1e9.jpg

Stealthy IGN, stealthy.

VanWinkle

I know a lot of Nintendo (or 3DS specifically) fans here prefer to have unique games on 3DS rather than "ports" or "rehashes", but I really hope this isn't just another 2.5D Sonic game like we've seen so many times. I'd like it to be as close to possible to the Wii U game that we saw in the trailer.

qq more

I hope Dimps is not handling it... but if they are, I just hope they do a better job this time. I haven't been impressed with most of their Sonic games as they turn out poorly designed.

m0t0k1

Great i hope its made by dimps i love their sonic games way more then the normal sonic games Sonic Rush is my favorite sonic game and i have played them since the megadrive.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From what I can gater, it seems a slightly different scenario from the first trailer (look at the sky), but it seems the Wii U version too. So, a placeholder screen XD

J@hranimo

Banned
Huh, well that does indeed look like a Green Hill-esque zone. If it's done by Dimps I have zero interest in supporting their games...

LDAF

Hmm...well, it looks like the standard "console is 2D and 3D, handheld gets 2D" for Sonic games. I'm kinda hoping there'll be some sort of connection between the Wii U and 3DS versions. Nintendo hyped up Wii U-3DS connected games a while back, and might have encouraged Sega to do the same as part of their partnership.

skypunch

Banned
Not really the kind of screenshot I was hoping to see.

Also, it's strange that they used a regular 3DS instead of a 3DS XL.

Neiteio

If it's going to be a whole different style of game, I'd rather they give it a different name. Always feels weird and sort of cheap when you have multiplat titles of the same name but different visual/gameplay styles, like one is the lesser off-brand version or something. :-\

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm not entirely sure why the 3DS wouldnt be able to do what was shown in the console trailer (albeit maybe at 30fps instead of WiiU's 60fps?). It doesn't exactly seem greatly graphically taxing.

Dimps made Sonic Rush and Sonic Colors DS. They are alright in my book.
At this point Dimps had made more Sonics than post-MD Sonic Team proper:

Sonic Adventure/DX
Sonic Adventure 2/Battle
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic Unleashed (HD)
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic Colors (Wii)
Sonic Generations (HD)
Sonic: Lost World (U)

Sonic Pocket Adventure
Sonic Advance/N
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Unleashed (SD)
Sonic 4 E1
Sonic Colors (DS)
Sonic 4 E2
Sonic Generations (3DS)
Sonic: Lost World (3DS)

daxgame

I'm not entirely sure why the 3DS wouldnt be able to do what was shown in the console trailer (albeit maybe at 30fps instead of WiiU's 60fps?). It doesn't exactly seem greatly graphically taxing.

your posts just keep getting better and better, really! Keep it going, please!

By the way OP... that ain't really a screenshot..

I'd be okay with Dimps if they bring their Sonic Advance/Rush/RAdventure game instead of whatever it is they were doing on Colours/Generations.

Of course the dream would be a Nintendo Software Technology joint headed by Yasuhara.

Top Bottom