• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Veterans Announce New JRPG, Lost Hellden | Official Announcement Trailer

Lost-Hellden-Ann_02-07-24-1024x576.jpg

Astria Ascending and Super Neptunia RPG developer Artisan Studios has announced Lost Hellden, a hand-painted Japanese-inspired RPG featuring music and audio direction by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Tactics Ogre, etc.) and illustrations by Takeshi Oga (Gravity Rush, Siren, etc.). It will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG in 2025.

The developers describe the world of Lost Hellden as such: "Welcome to Era. Where every life comes with a price. Every Eran is bound to one of the Seven Sins before their first birthday. All their lives, people fight against their urges. A place in the Sacred Land of Hellden is promised to their immortal souls if they succeed. But if they fail and succumb to their sin. A fate worse than death awaits them..."

Lost Hellden's unique painted art style is described as "Deep 2D" and promises a "strategic action battle system" along with a rich story, deep characters, and plenty of character customization. Watch the announcement trailer and check out the first screenshots in the gallery below.

Lost-Hellden_2024_02-07-24_001.jpg

Lost-Hellden_2024_02-07-24_002.jpg

Lost-Hellden_2024_02-07-24_003.jpg

Link to the full IGN news piece

Last edited:
The art style looks sick imo. Hopefully they'll add a Steam page soon so I can add it to wishlist and keep track of it. Nvm there is a steam page, I'll add it to the OP. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Where are the FF veterans? Takeshi Oga has previously worked very closely with Team Siren of Japan Studio, and Hitoshi Sakimoto has only really collaborated on FFT & FF12. Hardly FF veterans. Nice art direction though.

This also looks like it's being developed by Artisan Studios. Hype diminished with immediate effect.

Edit:

The art style looks sick imo. Hopefully they'll add a Steam page soon so I can add it to wishlist and keep track of it.

Here is your steam link:

Last edited:

CosmicComet

Looks more like Legend of Dragoon in art style than any PS1 FF to me.

Which is great, I prefer LoD's artstyle to any FF outside of 14 and 16.

IAmRei

Kind to love the artstyle of the gameplay, not a fan of the character arts. Dunno, looks kind of weird. But let us see the whole game soon. Anyway, its also reminds me to tyranny, one of the few wrpg i kinda like most.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks like a mobile knock off/wannabe from some equivalent of gameloft. Might still be better than FF and pretty fun though.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Characters look a bit like in Vagrant Story..?

I'm intrigued after seeing the trailer.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Backgrounds look ok
Character design looks really LAME

2024 we have better tech but can't make better-looking backgrounds than PS1/PS2/Gamecube era backgrounds?

tumblr_owffx8J2Vy1tln6w5o1_r1_500.gif

utjs5cfo9ijb1.jpg

EufOogiWgAIaDd0

Lethal01

Consdiering the talent involved, I'm surprised at how much I hate the art design. It looks like old Tumblr art where everyone's gay and got red noses.

You know what I mean, like this stuff:
GBu7-JCWEAAQH8O.jpg
These characters are cute

Top Bottom