• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weapons In Games That Made You Feel Awesome

Bombless

There is only one answer.

0l3ldBn.png

Video contains Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon spoilers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpt56kTjDl8

RE4 had some great ones.

The bolt-action rifle you get early on is great. Awesome sound, great reloading animation, and they give it to you with what is effectively a big shooting gallery of ganados on rooftops and bridges. So awesome.

Also in RE4: The Broken Butterfly.

The merchant sums it up: "Gun's not just about shootin'. It's about reloadin'. You'll know what I'm talkin' about."

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Dual wielding Beretta 92Fs from any Max Payne game. Forget accuracy and finesse, there is nothing that feels nearly as good as unleashing a personal John Woo bullet hell on some poor mook's unsuspecting fizzog.

The Iaito from Dark Souls. It may not be the best weapon in the game, but finishing an opponent off with dat R2 never ever gets old.

The Hand-cannon from Bioshock Infinite. I felt that most of the guns (and, indeed, the shooting) in BI was pretty generic, until I got my hands on this bad boy. There is something about it's kick and heft that makes every trigger pull feel apocalyptically satsifying! Also, reminds me of Roland Deschain from The Dark Tower series.

Hitman's Fibre Wire. Barring the accidental deaths introduced in Blood Money, this is the weapon of a true professional; up close and personal. This simple, yet elegant tool of death always brings a sociopathic smile to my face, just as it brings a purple-reddish tinge to my mark's.

Another Hitman weapon, this one introduced during Blood Money. Nearly as satisfying as the fibre wire but for entirely different reasons. Come on, who here didn't bury a Kitchen Devil into drunk Santa's face at range during "You Better Watch Out"...?

Garland7G

Druid epic weapon in Everquest, Man it was a bitch to obtain but I loved it, makes me want to resurrect my old account sometimes even though I don't remember the login or password lol.
59eclaireepic_copy.gif
959774-epic_druid.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
400px-Killing_floor_Shotgun.jpg

Hunting Shotgun (Killing Floor)

hqdefault.jpg

Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher (for some reason it felt the most badass to me in RE5)

18_18_46_08.jpg

Chainsaw (Silent Hill 1
Fuck Those Grey Children UP
)

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
bfg (doom)

chainsaw (any game)

black knight great Axe ( dark souls)

Mace of Molag Bal ( skyrim)

gravity gun (hl2)

fat man (fo3)

ump45 (mw2)

rifle (re4 and tlou)

Right now? The Undertow Vigor in Bioshock: Infinite, particularly
after you free Elisabeth from the operating table.

HAVE FUN ON THE WAY DOWN! *waves* :D

Ryuuga

Banned
Switch Axe (Monster Hunter):
tumblr_mmtdvwNV641rhvaxbo3_400.gif

tumblr_moexeeR4oV1r0sqjpo1_500.gif

And soon....Charge Axe:

iAf1TJlbMfKNd.gif

Yes you're seeing right. It's a sword, shield and axe all in one.

Definitely the lightsabers from Force Unleashed 2.

yea48bD.jpg

The first game made them seem like baseball bats because they didn't cut through anything, but in the sequel you could cut off limbs, they felt far more powerful.

zruben

Banned
some of my choices:

Masamune, from Chrono Trigger
Chrono-Trigger.jpg

Glided Sword from Majora's Mask
GildedSword.jpg

Spread Gun, from Contra
ContraSpreadGun.jpg

and why not, Metal Blade from Megaman 2... that thing completely broke the game, LOL.
tumblr_ltydr6t2in1qizbpto1_1280.gif

Syf

Banned
Gonna go with the Falcon's Talons from Ninja Gaiden 2. They might be my favorite weapon in any game; I always felt like a boss while using them.

943273_20080407_embed001.jpg

Soodanim

Gold Member
The RYNO V: Does your weapon play the 1812 overture while firing? I didn't think so.
rcfacit_rynov.jpg

RYNO V was okay, but the music got old very quickly. At least it's better than 3's, which is the least satisfying gun in the entire game when fully upgraded.

I personally prefer the RYNO II:
RYNO_II.JPG

Top Bottom