• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha 03

oZX8Y20l.png

This is trying to be Super Interesting Darkness expect being completely serious about this.

Also all that onii-chan. onii-chan. onii-chan.

I am sure you guys get this a lot, but OP said it was okay to ask for recommendations so here goes. I am a male who loves sports and action. I will try to make a concise list of my interests and what I am looking for. Thank you for any and all help!

1. I really enjoyed reading Naruto. I also loved to watch DBZ, so fighting/action mixed with comedy I guess is what I like. I am obviously open to more varieties, but that is my exposure so far.

2. Nothing too kiddy or girly. No offense to anyone who may like that, obviously, but it just is not my cup of tea.

3. Preferably not too slow. I like action and things happening on a regular.

4. Preferably on going or with an active community I can discuss with

5. Neat art styles are always a plus

Thanks again!
Area D is for you.

bigkrev

Naruto Pilot

Re-read this in the special US Jump that went out today. Once again, i am struck by how un-Naruto it is. It takes place in the "real world", Naruto is a Tanuki, not a Ninja, and nothing about this makes you think battle shounen. The art is also terrible (Kishi really has improved), the plot is really disjointed, and most of the characters are completely unbelievable. But still, it is fascinating to look at what this started as, and what it became.

10 years from now when Mario is the bellcow for Jump, it's going to be really funny to go back and re-read the one-shot and see how different Mario could have been.

Naruto Pilot

Re-read this in the special US Jump that went out today. Once again, i am struck by how un-Naruto it is. It takes place in the "real world", Naruto is a Tanuki, not a Ninja, and nothing about this makes you think battle shounen. The art is also terrible (Kishi really has improved), the plot is really disjointed, and most of the characters are completely unbelievable. But still, it is fascinating to look at what this started as, and what it became.

10 years from now when Mario is the bellcow for Jump, it's going to be really funny to go back and re-read the one-shot and see how different Mario could have been.
Thanks for adding that last part. Its what I really wanted to say. Mario is going to be HUGE.

Naruto Pilot

A Naruto without Sasuke is a dull experience indeed. Im glad someone was there to urge Kishimoto to alter the characters and add Sasuke, as if this had been Naruto, I doubt I would have got into it. I also cant imagine if CC2 would have even fell in love with it to give us the leading game in the anime games market.

Shinya Shokudou 19-21
Wish these were a little longer to compensate for the slow updates. The onion ring chapter was the best out of the three.

Mahou Shojo Site 1-2
Interesting premise, will venture in cautiously and possibly regret the decision because it'll probably just be a waste of time or something :/

mhs004

I am sure you guys get this a lot, but OP said it was okay to ask for recommendations so here goes. I am a male who loves sports and action. I will try to make a concise list of my interests and what I am looking for. Thank you for any and all help!

1. I really enjoyed reading Naruto. I also loved to watch DBZ, so fighting/action mixed with comedy I guess is what I like. I am obviously open to more varieties, but that is my exposure so far.

2. Nothing too kiddy or girly. No offense to anyone who may like that, obviously, but it just is not my cup of tea.

Thanks again!

Hot house
Hunter X Hunter
Berserk
One Piece
Bleach
Nisekoi
Sun-ken rock

soulution

Neo Member
Again!! 51-64

Shibata is best girl please don't destroy my hopes and dreams
I know you're going to ;____;

Moteki 12-13

Sometimes I wish I didn't watch the live drama because it sort of ruined the anticipation I have with each subsequent chapter. Regardless today was a good day.

Soma

Whooooa @ Again!! chapter dump

Some good chapters from this volume though the
team losing the game
was to be expected. I also feel like the author is making the inevitable Reo rejection all the more painful. ;_;

Grudy

Nice chapter. I love it when we get new information about OP history
Anyone else feel like the SHs are rounding up allies who were also allies of the ancient civilization for the great war later on? Alabasta, Shandians, Fishmen and now dwarves, maybe Elbaf is next :D. I bet the Donquioxte family played a huge role in the war 900 years ago

Kworn

Banned
Attack on Titan

Finished reading the manga after watching 12 episodes of the anime. I have to say this is one of the best manga's I have read in a long time. Every month the comic end on a great cliff-hanger moment and you just cannot wait to read the next instalment.

It is a shame they come out monthly but they do deliver well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Hot House joke is getting really not funny. Its not even like intelligently bad. Its the MangaGAF equivalent of "Feed it Pizza" just by virtue of running it into the ground.

Theonik

To Love-Ru Darkness 34.5
Super interesting ghost stories. Of course Mikan had to ruin the fun. Oh well.
Back to waiting for the Octuber issue I guess.

Kurita

Thanks again!
One Punch Man
Sports : Haikyuu and Eyeshield 21

wonzo

Banned
The Hot House joke is getting really not funny. Its not even like intelligently bad. Its the MangaGAF equivalent of "Feed it Pizza" just by virtue of running it into the ground.
Hot House is good stuff, if pretty tame compared to the rest of the author's work. I mean, if you can stomach Shintaro Kago's stuff then Hot House really shouldn't be that big a deal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hot House is good stuff, if pretty tame compared to the rest of the author's work. I mean, if you can stomach Shintaro Kago's stuff then Hot House really shouldn't be that big a deal.

You can't validate something by saying something worse exists

Theonik

What do you mean by worse?
He is disgusted by Hot House and is saying that the knowledge that there is things that would disgust him even more out there doesn't make Hot House any less disgusting to him.
It's like the "Well at least THAT didn't happen" reasoning.

DarkMehm

Cage of Eden 1-END

It had a lot of premise and was really good until the end, but as always in this industry the ending was botched.

wonzo

Banned
Hot house has become mangaf's version of Mai chan's daily life.

Or school days.
Mai-chan's Daily Life is far worse tbqh.

He is disgusted by Hot House and is saying that the knowledge that there is things that would disgust him even more out there doesn't make Hot House any less disgusting to him.
It's like the "Well at least THAT didn't happen" reasoning.
If someone can't stomach something as brilliant as Shintaro Kago's stuff then they're pathetic scrubs that can't appreciate some of the best things to come out of the entire medium.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, that stuff isn't that bad. It's more like a gore thriller than actual guro.

At least from the stuff I've seen.

edit: ok, it's guro.

Antiwhippy

Fractions

Haha whao man. That was actually weirdly funny in a pretty gruesome way. Especially with how the meta commentary played out with the ending.

The voracious itches side story was just disgusting though.

Antiwhippy

Anamorphosis

*Mind Blown*

I refuse to believe that the people wouldn't notice the shift in perspective as they move or even notice the different layers, so that part didn't make any sense, but holy shit that twist. Really well done way to play around with the medium to fool the readers.

Side story: Bishoujo Tantei Tengai Sagir

Okay now that's just plain nonsense.

Akito

Even though I also like Kago's nonsense short stories, Fractions and Anamorphosis are what made me a fan of his. Do give Korokoro Soushi and Dance! Kremlin Palace a chance though if you haven't already.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, I do like some of the short stories as well. Weightlessness from anamorphosis was hilarious.

I'll definitely check out his other works. Even the ero guro aspect is done in a way that doesn't disgust me as much as adding to the hilarious macabre nature of his works.

scy

Baby Steps 182 -

W8DDHMe.png

Also, Natsu bestest girl. And it's only been a week? Nearly 50 chapters for one week of time. Sheesh, pacing :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom