• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now buy PS4 controllers

xJavonta

Banned
Not to butt in, but I always prefer Xpadder.

Are you telling me that on OSX you get to use the track pad?
Nope :( I couldn't even get Dolphin to map my buttons properly. It just switched the axis every time I selected a button to map.
Don't forget knack.
Oh yeah, had forgotten about that one.
Um yes, I'm about 20 minutes from you in McHenry XD
It's so weird to think that another gaffer is close to me rofl. Small world!

ViciousDS

Banned
The only thing that annoys me............it's not vibration or motion not working............its the dang PS button not working lol

If the PS button worked it would be perfect as a PS3 controller in itself, I never play call of duty with vibration on anyways.

xJavonta

Banned
The only thing that annoys me............it's not vibration or motion not working............its the dang PS button not working lol

If the PS button worked it would be perfect as a PS3 controller in itself, I never play call of duty with vibration on anyways.

Yeah it sucks. The solution to that is to keep a DS3 close to you when you play so if you do need to access the XMB you don't have to switch controllers

kairu

Yeah it sucks. The solution to that is to keep a DS3 close to you when you play so if you do need to access the XMB you don't have to switch controllers

Haven't paired my DS4 with anything yet, but does the touchpad click do anything on PS3?

Yea, my local gamestop guys are cool, which is why I give them my business.

The one manager is cool (at the only one I ever go to) and that's why I felt bad about pressing him too hard on it. I don't need the damn enough to put the guy outside of his comfort zone. I still cancelled the preorder though in the off chance that one of the other two stores would sell me one.

Picked up my preordered DS4. I reserved it along the system right after the E3 show. I had no clue what to expect (feel wise) -but- man, the controller is glorious to hold. Gives my 360 pad a run for its $. Also feels more futuristic (touchpad, speaker, lighted panel and the brushed plastic along the underside).

null_zps4531863e.jpg

I put it back in its box until the 15th.

Darobga

I think Microsoft finally added Bluetooth HID Support in Windows 8.1. So native Bluetooth support probably only works on Windows 8.1

I have this working on Windows 7 64bit with a standard integrated BT controller on a Lenovo laptop. To get it to pair you have to use the Share + PS button sequence and not just PS button.

Miguel81

SONY should be pressured to allow proper use of the DS4 on the PS3--of course, that would cannibalize DS3 sales. Whoops!

Can someone please explain to me how it works on pc? Are the ps4 button showing up? Or is it keyboard keys prompt showing? Thanks

Afrikan

That is what I'm doing as well...but only probelm I have so far is with Madden..its not really a problem..but I know if the controller has any button that represents "select" for PS3 games....but in Madden, to call a timeout I have to pause it and doing from that menu...instead of pushing select.

besides that....man these sticks would perfect for Madden..especially running the football.

xJavonta

Banned
Haven't paired my DS4 with anything yet, but does the touchpad click do anything on PS3?
Nope :( although I was clicking the touchpad during the opening scene of the BF4 Beta and it skipped it. I don't know if it detected a button press or if I accidentally pressed something else
SONY should be pressured to allow proper use of the DS4 on the PS3--of course, that would cannibalize DS3 sales. Whoops!
They should just drop the DS3 and sell the DS4 exclusively
(That would never happen lol)
These accessory prices are insane. $60 for a controller?
Weren't the 360/PS3 wireless controllers $50? The additional 10 here probably comes from additions like the lightbar, touchpad, and speaker.
That is what I'm doing as well...but only probelm I have so far is with Madden..its not really a problem..but I know if the controller has any button that represents "select" for PS3 games....but in Madden, to call a timeout I have to pause it and doing from that menu...instead of pushing select.

besides that....man these sticks would perfect for Madden..especially running the football.
The share button has functioned as the select button for me in every game I've tested that supports the DS4. I don't own madden though so I can't try it :/

Hoo-doo

Banned
I can't believe i'm considering buying one just to fondle it profusely.

Does it work with software like MotionJoy yet?

I downloaded x360ce and was able to "map" buttons in it with the DUALSHOCK4 but I have no idea how this thing works. lol

You can set it up with games compatible with the 360 controller to use a DirectInput controller instead.

The last time I used it, I had to throw it into every game's folder, but I have a feeling I was doing it wrong.

Afrikan

The share button has functioned as the select button for me in every game I've tested that supports the DS4. I don't own madden though so I can't try it :/

thankx.

when I tried it when I played the first time, it was during an online game..so maybe there was lag, because it took me a couple of tries to get the start button to pause it. I'll try again later tonight.

LevityNYC

Banned
Nintendo controllers were 20 bucks in 1985....factor in inflation.

Not to mention that controllers now have 11 buttons plus a dpad, 2 clickable analog sticks, rumble motors, a battery, and 2 buttons are triggers.

Nintendo controllers were 20 bucks in 1985....factor in inflation.

Not to mention that controllers now have 11 buttons plus a dpad, 2 clickable analog sticks, rumble, a battery, and 2 buttons are triggers.

Everything but the battery and rumble probably adds like ~$1 to the BoM

Stimpack

You can set it up with games compatible with the 360 controller to use a DirectInput controller instead.

The last time I used it, I had to throw it into every game's folder, but I have a feeling I was doing it wrong.

This is where I am. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Man all this crap making me wanna go buy a DS4 lmao...I can wait though..3 WEEKS.

Lol I'm with you man.

I kinda wanna feel the controller for the first time on the night I pick it up. Be so special...light a candle...have some fancy Taco Bell...boot up Killzone...and caress those dong like DS4 handles.

Stimpack

Hmm, will any cheap bluetooth dongle work for this? Thinking about buying one off Amazon.

My cheap one does, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure there's a thread on bluetooth dongles here somewhere. I seriously don't recommend just buying one, because I did exactly that, and my DS3 constantly dropped the connection.

Valnen

My cheap one does, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure there's a thread on bluetooth dongles here somewhere. I seriously don't recommend just buying one, because I did exactly that, and my DS3 constantly dropped the connection.

Ah alright, so I shouldn't just buy one of these cheap $1 ones that ship from Hong Kong then. Gut feeling told me that wasn't a good idea =p.

Pangya

I tried using the DS4 with bluetooth and x360ce on Resident Evil Revelations and it works like a charm. For some reason though FFXIV doesn't seem to recognize it. Sad since that was the game I planned on really using this controller for...

Somebody please tell me this works on BF4 beta.

Man, Sony, PLEASE patch the PS3 for full official support. I would LOVE to never, ever have to use the fucking DS3 ever again.

satam55

Banned

I was just about to post this. But the Dualshock 4 controller should work natively via USB or/and bluetooth on Windows (desktop versions), Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux, Google Chrome OS, iOS, and Android Jellybean 4.2.1 & up.

I'm not sure if it'll work on Windows RT. It definitely won't work on Windows Phone 8, because Windows Phone 8 still doesn't support Bluetooth HID devices.

Microsoft made the minor mistake of using a proprietary wireless connection for the Xbox1 controller. The Dualshock 4 is going to be a lot more popular be cause it can be used on a bunch of devices via USB and/or Bluetooth.

So tempted!

Sadly best buy killed their trade in credit for GTA5, I swear a day or 2 ago it was fetching 55USD, currently at 30USD...

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Has this been posted?

List of known PS3 compatible games:

PS1 Games
Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
Castle Crashers
Portal 2
Far Cry 2
The Last of Us (HELL YES! But what about the flashlight?)
LittleBigPlanet/LittleBigPlanet 2
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red Dead Redemption
Infamous + Infamous 2
Resistance 2 (had to use a DS3 to get past the start screen, but DS4 worked fine after that)
Killzone 3
Dead Space
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Motorstorm (Apocalypse, Pacific Rift)
Tomb Raider
Prototype
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Battlefield 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Final Fantasy XIV
Super Stardust HD
Diablo 3
Bioshock: Infinite
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

mr_toa

I was just about to post this. But the Dualshock 4 controller should work natively via USB or/and bluetooth on Windows (desktop versions), Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux, Google Chrome OS, iOS, and Android Jellybean 4.2.1 & up.

Please, could some good soul test this using the pairing procedure needed to pair with Windows?

Pretty Please?? :p

wwm0nkey

Man I feel like I've broken a rule or something here

jgRAkvgF8HXBu.jpg

But the triggers are REALLY sensitive which is amazing, barley tapping on the triggers and I'm shooting incredibly fast!

Top Bottom