• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now buy PS4 controllers

keuja

7ctvoMrh.jpg

-someone from /r

DS4 Stormtrooper edition. Very nice.

Loakum

Banned
Anyone's gamestop only get the controller and not the camera?

Yeah, they were selling the PS4 camera too, but I still don't have my camera paid off yet. So I just picked up the controller. The reason why the camera, controller, and the charge station are on sale early because assessories don't have a street date on them. A Sony Rep told me, while I was at Gamestop. Ironically the PS4 Vertical Stand actually has a street date of Nov 15th...go figure.

Wipeout HD, Spelunky, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are playable with the Dualshock 4 as well.

A friend from another forum said that MLB 13 The Show works too.

Chorazin

Searched local Gamestops for the DS4, looks like a few have it in stock. Now I 'm just waiting for the email saying they're holding one for me!

kenjisalk

Anyone have any luck using DS4 on PC for Arkham Origins?

I followed the directions from post one and the game still doesn't recognize the controller.

Phreak47

Amazon shipped my controller preorder, but not the camera. Should have it Tuesday!

Same here, only it's Wednesday for me. Strange because that ain't "two day prime shipping". But maybe it will get here Tuesday anyway.

Imma try it out with GTA5 and a USB extension cable!

Chorazin

Got mine, the Gamestop I went to had like 40 on the wall behind the counter. Been playing Wipeout HD and Hotline Miami with it all afternoon. Tried it with Bit.Trip.Runner 2 but it didn't work.

GeeDuhb

Same here, only it's Wednesday for me. Strange because that ain't "two day prime shipping". But maybe it will get here Tuesday anyway.

Imma try it out with GTA5 and a USB extension cable!

It probably depends on when yours actually shipped. Mine shipped yesterday before noon, so I am set to get mine on Tuesday. If it shipped later Yesterday evening or today, it won't actually go out till late tonight/tomorrow morning, because there is no UPS/Fedex pickup on Sunday. So thus it technically ships on Monday, so your 2 day shipping estimate would be Wednesday.

Phreak47

It probably depends on when yours actually shipped. Mine shipped yesterday before noon, so I am set to get mine on Tuesday. If it shipped later Yesterday evening or today, it won't actually go out till late tonight/tomorrow morning, because there is no UPS/Fedex pickup on Sunday. So thus it technically ships on Monday, so your 2 day shipping estimate would be Wednesday.

Yeah it went through a couple carrier facilities already yesterday, but it might be waiting for the handoff until tomorrow... these fedex/usps hybrid shipments still confuse me. heh.

wizzbang

Banned
I swear I read that Sony too had moved from 2 to 4 rumble motors - it's just that motors 3/4 weren't attached to the trigger like Microsoft?

There's been several claims the rumble is improved in the PS4 - like gameroom you can feel the little fellas moving directionally.
That seems to show only 2 motors?

No one? this was a "thing" online 8 weeks ago.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Anyone have any luck using DS4 on PC for Arkham Origins?

I followed the directions from post one and the game still doesn't recognize the controller.

Yes, I've had no trouble. I've hooked the controller to the PS3 with a spare older Nook Micro USB cable. Worked off the bat(no pun intended)

USC-fan

Banned
I just was driving by gamestop today and sure enough they had DS4 and eyetoy ps4.

It didnt work with walking dead so i havent used it too much.

Feels so much better than DS3. Light bar is a lot dimmer than a thought it would be.

wizzbang

Banned
I'm kind of curious of that myself. I remember reading this, but the teardowns of DS4 only show the two motors. I haven't compared them to DS3 teardowns to see if they're the same, though.

IIRC the PS2 / PS3 controllers had one with a smaller weight so it could feel slightly different - I think it was the left one (don't quote me)

I wonder / hope they can independently control left / right motors at least now?

Amazon shipped and was supposed to arrive tomorrow. Arrived today instead :)

Don't think I'll be testing it out with my PS3 games though... maybe try to get some of the limited games I have on Steam (via Mac) working, just to get a feel for it. Still, I'm glad it's in my hands now. IT BEGINS.

Calibus

So are people on here who are finding them only finding them at GameStop, or are other retailers carrying them?

Top Bottom