• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Should I confront a co-worker re: Her passive agressive Facebook status about me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this wasn't meant for you to read, it's not really passive-aggressive. It's really more a case of 'if you eavesdrop, you deserve what you hear'.

Yamauchi

Banned
Your pride was hurt.

Suck it up, shed a few tears if you have to, and stop whistling / humming loudly at work.

The end.

-Deimos

Don't confront her, you'll look like a creep. She's obviously wants the D, though. Hit that.

Why are some people being dicks over this? You don't have to insult the guy, even if what he was doing was annoying. Also, if she's posting stuff on her facebook and it's set to public, you can't accuse the guy of invading her privacy. That's just stupid.

AniHawk

if you have skype, just send her the link to the song you're listening to. that way you can whistle along at work. then follow her home and say you happened to stumble upon her residence based off the look of her car and ask if she wants to go out sometime.

kaiju

I just came from the cryptolocker virus thread, and between the virus and you, I can't say which one is worse. Probably you though, at least I can get rid of the virus for $300.

The hate over whistling in this thread is thick as fuck. Give the OP a break people, it's an honest mistake.

tumblr_mqntble85x1s9eneuo1_400.gif

slit

Ok some of you are being WAY over the top if if really is as innocent as the OP says. I can't believe somebody has suggested beheading yet.

Zoe

The fact that someone would even do this, and would need someone to tell them not to do it...
Some people are just oblivious to others I guess.

Eh, if it's after hours and there's almost no one around... Plus it reaffirms your presence in case someone thinks they can turn off the lights or turn on the alarm.

god help this clueless op tardwallop. clearly he's light crushing on the girl and is trying to gin up some angle to guilt the poor passive-aggressive tart into somehow tolerating his creeper presence, despite the fact that thom yorke fans physically revolt all women

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Don't confront her, but start whistling more enthusiastically the next time you're both working on the weekend. I recommend playing a beat poorly with a couple of rulers next time as well. Facebook users are the lowest common denominator of the internet; they deserve to be trolled.

Also, is Facebook allowed at work? Complain to your boss that she was loudly typing status updates on her Facebook account when she should have been working and you found that a negative influence on your productivity.

robochimp

For it to be passive aggressive wouldn't she actually have to be bringing it to you.

Venting to her Facebook wasn't meant to be read by you.

highrider

Banned
If you've made the jump to being the whistling guy at work, I would have thought you would have developed thicker skin about it, because make no mistake, it's annoying as hell.

Agkel

Lol at the whole bunch of bitter fucks here. Next time you are alone on a weekend with her, just go balls out, clapping, singing high lame ass falsetto etc. If she has a problem with it, let her come to you or your boss. #YOLO

Also, stop been a fucking creep and either friend her or stop creeping her fb out.

ivysaur12

Banned
Don't confront her, but start whistling more enthusiastically the next time you're both working on the weekend. I recommend playing a beat poorly with a couple of rulers next time as well. Facebook users are the lowest common denominator of the internet; they deserve to be trolled.

Also, is Facebook allowed at work? Complain to your boss that she was loudly typing status updates on her Facebook account when she should have been working and you found that a negative influence on your productivity.

You and OP sound like a really great time at a party. Jesus Christ...

The girl did nothing wrong. Stop being fucking annoying at work. Empathize. End of story.

Paper Fox

I'm in the "don't stop the whistling" camp. Next time, continue whistling. Add in some pencil drumming and even throw in a foot tap or two. Bop your head like there is no tomorrow. Be sure to look her in the eyes whilst doing this.

TheMan

witnessing a thread backfire once in a while is good for the soul.

OP, if this girl is annoyed by your incessant, self-centered, loud-as-a-jet-engine humming, then chances are that other coworkers feel the same. just stop humming at work, bro.

MrGerbils

Since when is casually complaining about an annoying douchebag at work a bad thing? That's basically the point of Facebook.

You guys aren't friends and she didn't expect you to lurk her, so it's in no way passive aggressive.

Stop whistling and start being just the tiniest bit considerate of others. You sound very self absorbed.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Co-workers that hum and whistle are really fucking annoying. And singing in a high pitch voice? Come on, man.

does your office have a microwave? if not then buy one and give it to the rest of the office as a gift. shit in a gatorade bottle then put it in the microwave and turn it on for 5 minutes so the shit and plastic fuse with the inside of the microwave. then tell everyone it was her

Even if they happen to be mutual friends with your friends and recommended to you by Facebook to be added as friends and their status' and posts are set to Public?

I mean you wouldn't be able to creep my FB page even if you tried for example.

Is there a book out there on moral etiquette of Facebook browsing? Can I buy it on Amazon?

You're supposed to look at your facebook page and yours only. Facebook is like a diary that is supposed to be kept secret even though it's online and anyone can view it.

Seriously OP you have 3 options.

1) Be even more annoying at work by whistling louder, farting in front of her, and/or singing along to even shittier music
2) Have sex with her
3) Be a better employee and not worry about what others think/post about you

Kater

Banned
No, because he's completely incapable of judging how his coworkers might be affected by his behaviour.
Different people. But there isn't a need to collectively hate on someone just because you don't like the whistling that this person does at work. Maybe that's what he needs like others smoke or listen to the radio (or read NeoGAF).

Ok I shared her status on my Facebook wall, that'll teach her to have her profile set on "Public" and proceed to bitch n' moan about everything and everyone in her life.

#YOLO

jk

MIMIC

Banned
I kind of find this hilarious in a way

It really is, OP
JGzltGs.gif
I was giggling all through that.

But you do need to prank her :) Not in a mean-spirited, passive-aggressive sort of way. Just something playful that won't be taken too seriously.

And it HAS to involve her Facebook. Like, screen cap it and print it out and put it on her desk or something.

(I haven't read any of the posts in this thread, btw)

It really is, OP
JGzltGs.gif
I was giggling all through that.

But you do need to prank her :) Not in a mean-spirited, passive-aggressive sort of way. Just something playful that won't be taken too seriously.

And it HAS to involve her Facebook. Like, screen cap it and print it out and put it on her desk or something.

(I haven't read any of the posts in this thread, btw)

I think you are the one of the very few here who actually read the entire OP.

Most of the people here who are "Don't whistle infront of your co-workerS it's annoying" clearly haven't.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Different people.
Same behaviour.

But there isn't a need to collectively hate on someone just because you don't like the whistling that this person does at work. Maybe that's what he needs like others smoke or listen to the radio (or read NeoGAF).
If a person has a psychological condition that causes that behaviour, then I agree that hating them for it is inappropriate. And that may even be the case with my coworker. Hard to say about the OP though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom