• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog touring SpaceX!

It would be awesome if they were really making savage starlight, i hope they keep the name too.
hopefully its more uncharted and not mass effect or any RPG.

Wynnebeck

Banned
This was the best reply I've seen in this thread. At least for me, <3 Bowie.

Also hi everyone. The tour was awesome. Space is awesome.

Arne liked my post!?

tumblr_m7shmckVJF1rxf32jo5_500.gif

Also, what are the current enthusiasm levels in ND at the moment as we approach launch day?

plzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlightplzbesavagestarlight.

Freeman

Banned
Now that people have mentioned Gravity, do we have any game with a good realistic portrayal of zero gravity animation/mechanics ? It would be fun to watch behind the scenes video of ND doing underwater mocap, plus having gameplay involving jetpacks like the one in the movie or spaceships with proper physics would be cool.

Superflat

Dude.. It's satire.

I know, it was created for an art asset in TLOU, and it was designed to look derivative in the first place so I don't know why it keeps getting posted as something they want, lol

It wasn't a very serious post in the first place, but I also actually don't want a game that is built on what I see there.

:U

Uncharted style gameplay with a Han Solo like protagonist and sci fi western setting. I can get behind this.

Hell yes. Add a little galaxy exploration a la ME1&2 but with a more rag-tag band of misfits/smugglers vibe, and give Nathan Fillion a substantial supporting role.

Bam. Game of the gen.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Are they actually taking a flight?? I forget how far along the SpaceX project is so this may be a very dumb question...

KingK

Something inspired by Hyperion/Endymion universe would be epic. Awesome worlds and variety. I guess one can dream :(

Yeah, after TLoU I would love Naughty Dog to do a really dark/grim, more realistic game set in space. I would also be totally ok with a more light-hearted Uncharted style space romp in the vein of Firefly or Cowboy Bebop.

Also, if this was indeed for a video game and not just a tour, I'm guessing it's what TLoU team is starting so we wouldn't see it for a few years yet.

It would seriously be a MEGA-megaton if ND next game was set in space. Just thinking about it is exciting.

Savage Starlight announcement and I would lose my mind!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just these days I was thinking of how awesome a good space game could be. And now this. I can't say I'm too happy with ND ripping off my ideas.

Anyway, HYPE.

They completely have the talent to do one of two things:

1) Space opera in the vein of Cowboy Bebop and Firely

2) Ensemble cast in the vein of Alien.

cheezcake

Something inspired by Hyperion/Endymion universe would be epic. Awesome worlds and variety. I guess one can dream :(

Man this is exactly what I though of when I read this thread

Imagine, ND's portrayal of the Sea of Grass on Hyperion, the Time Tombs, the Shrike

Gives me chills just thinking about it

Paertan

Oh please tell us now! I was thinking for a while I would stay PC only this gen. But yeah no way I will skip Naughty Dog games.

Top Bottom