• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perhaps they're all TBA. What retail 3rd party games are coming to Wii U in 2014?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To my knowledge:
-Watch Dogs
-Child of Light
-LEGO: The Movie: The Game
-Other LEGO titles I'm blanking on

Edit: Oh, you said retail. Ignore Child of Light.

Tenki

VGLPbpa.jpg

a wii u console (right) and wii u gamepad (left)

How is this poor attempt of trolling relevant to the topic?

gamingeek

Just Lego Lego Lego as far as I know.

That Hyrule Warriors game?

Sega owes them a third Sonic exclusive don't they?

Let's hope for a new Fatal Frame and Endless Ocean.

bozeman

You know, I would buy a Wii U Madden IF there was a feature to draw custom designed plays on the gamepad. This from a guy who hasn't played a Madden since I won one in a KFC contest.

Serrenn

Banned
There's Watch Dogs, assuming it's still coming to Wii U. And...that's all I can think of. Just Dance and Skylanders surely. Are there any other multiplatform titles announced for Wii U?

VGLPbpa.jpg

a wii u console (right) and wii u gamepad (left)
9XLm5E8.jpg

BD1

Banned
Probably whatever Nintendo moneyhats at this point.

However, the real question is will Nintendo decide to make that type of investment in Wii U?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Call of Duty I'm assuming.

Anything rated E.

Anything by Ubisoft.

Well, for Ubisoft's announced 2014 games that are releasing on console:

On Wii U:
-Child of Light
-Watch Dogs

Not On Wii U:
-The Division
-The Crew
-Valiant Hearts
-South Park

tebunker

Banned
You know, I would buy a Wii U Madden IF there was a feature to draw custom designed plays on the gamepad. This from a guy who hasn't played a Madden since I won one in a KFC contest.

I thought that madden 2012 let you do that.

Anyway, it looks more and more like the system is going to be an indie and Nintendo machine. If Nintendo can keep the indie titles coming regulkarly I can live with that.

As well, I will buy any good 3rd party title that come but I am not holding my breath. I really want games developed specifically for the systen/gamepad not cross platform stuff. If Nintendo was smart they would have done everything they could to get the tools for making exclusive type games in to everyones hands, and combining it with an easy to develop environment that helps minimize costs and risks. Bigger publishers would put games on the system if they knew they would make money.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Is there honestly any interest in multiplatform games on the WiiU? Why would anyone want to play Watchdogs on it instead of just waiting until they can get a PS4 or an Xbone or something?

Genuine question -- I really don't understand.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This is what's in the list at Games Press (EU release dates):

• PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco Bandai) - 7/3/2014
  • Mind Labyrinth (Oxygene Media) - Q1 2014
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Activision) - Spring 2014
  • Watch_Dogs (Ubisoft) - Spring 2014
  • Assault Android Cactus (Witch Beam) - 1st half 2014
  • Ping 2: Attack of the Spheres (NAMI TENTOU MUSHI) - Summer 2014
  • Shadow of the Eternals (Precursor Games) - Autumn 2014
  • Edge Of Eternity (Midgar Studio) - Nov 2014
  • LEGO The Hobbit (Warner Bros.) - 2014
  • Terramentals (Troll inc.) - 2014
  • The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros.) - 2014
I don't know if all are retail, but it's what in the list.

Son Of D

Watch Dogs, Lego Movie, Lego Hobbit, Project CARS, Child of Light. CoD will probably appear as well. Doubt AssCreed will (maybe a port of the PS3/360 game if that rumour is true).

Skylanders, Disney Infinity 2 and Just Dance are very likely. That's it really as far as we know. Outside of maybe a random port like Remember Me or Diablo 3 (ported by a random studio like Straight Right or something).

EDIT: Forgot about the second Spider-Man game.

Tenki

On Wii U:
-Child of Light
-Watch Dogs

Not On Wii U:
-The Division
-The Crew
-Valiant Hearts
-South Park

I find it weird that Child of Light is on Wii U, but not Valiant Hearts, considering both are downloadable and were announced the same day.

Doczu

Rösti;94559770 said:
This is what's in the list at Games Press (EU release dates):

• Shadow of the Eternals (Precursor Games) - Autumn 2014
I don't know if all are retail, but it's what in the list.

Yeah, thanks a lot for vaporware Nintendo!

Shiggy

Considering the sales of recent Ubisoft games and that WatchDogs Wii U was almost cancelled, I'd say they are out.

Edit: I just looked at the list of games coming in Q1. Wow.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I find it weird that Child of Light is on Wii U, but not Valiant Hearts, considering both are downloadable and were announced the same day.

I would guess they did some kind of combined demographic + team size calculation and decided it made sense for one and not the other.

Is there honestly any interest in multiplatform games on the WiiU? Why would anyone want to play Watchdogs on it instead of just waiting until they can get a PS4 or an Xbone or something?

Genuine question -- I really don't understand.

What if they don't want to own those consoles? Or just can't?

"Why don't console owners just wait until they can play Watchdogs on a gaming PC?"

See how that sounds?

SOME-MIST

why has no one said Bayonetta 2 yet? Or am I just not understanding the thread.

there's also Amrikrog. and Pier Solar HD.

Shiggy

why has no one said Bayonetta 2 yet? Or am I just not understanding the thread.

there's also Amrikrog. and Pier Solar HD.

Third party games are usually not those that are published and funded by Nintendo. Same holds true for Hyrule Warriors.

SOME-MIST

ahhhh, I got it. So I guess it'd be labeled as a 2nd party game since it's developed by Platinum but published by Nintendo?

my bad.

FoneBone

I don't think there's anything formally announced other than the two Lego games and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (EDIT: and Watch Dogs).

b3b0p

If they won't make NHL or an NHL like game on PC then I wish for a Wii U version at least. I'm not buying a PS4 (or Xbone) for that single game.

Just make me an Ice Hockey or Blades of Steel and I'm good.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Some people tell me there's no excuse for not buying a Wii U.

Then I see a sad, sad topic like this.

Chobel

Not On Wii U:
-The Division
-The Crew
-Valiant Hearts
-South Park

The Division and The Crew are understandable, south park maybe, but I can't think in any reason for Valiant Hearts to not be on Wii U, especially that child of light is on Wii U. So why is Ubisoft not doing a Wii U version of the game?

Shiggy

The Division and The Crew are understandable, south park maybe, but I can't think in any reason for Valiant Hearts to not be on Wii U, especially that child of light is on Wii U. So why is Ubisoft not doing a Wii U version of the game?

A more reasonable question would be why they are bringing Child of Light to Wii U.

Kouriozan

Ubisoft said a few months ago that if sales of their Wii U games continued to be so low, they would drop support.
I guess that happened.

Koppai

I find it weird how I am only looking forward to Nintendo games on the Wii U. :/

So weird seeing almost no support even by Japanese 3rd parties lol.

Tobor

What if they don't want to own those consoles? Or just can't?

"Why don't console owners just wait until they can play Watchdogs on a gaming PC?"

See how that sounds?

The people you're describing are a microscopic audience. For example, the Wii U was 1% of AC4 sales. That's incredibly low, even considering the smaller userbase.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
If they won't make NHL or an NHL like game on PC then I wish for a Wii U version at least. I'm not buying a PS4 (or Xbone) for that single game.

Just make me an Ice Hockey or Blades of Steel and I'm good.
Due to EA's unprecedented partnership with Nintendo, there probably won't be any NHL games on Wii U for a long time. And the only other rival I can think of, 2K's NHL, isn't being made anymore as far as I know (last one was NHL 2K11?).

At it's height, I could see some shovelware ice hockey title for Wii U in some bargain bin. If Nintendo doesn't make an ice hockey title that is. But that probably would end like Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball.

Asd202

I find it weird how I am only looking forward to Nintendo games on the Wii U. :/

So weird seeing almost no support even by Japanese 3rd parties lol.

What did you expect? The console still have not sold a million there and 3rd party games bombed on it.

Top Bottom