• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 3B) |OT| Lose your shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gpreidm.png

Welcome to the Teen Wolf Season 3B OT! Why does 3B need its own OT? Because it's for all intents and purposes, a brand new season, complete with it's own overarching narrative. So come right in and join us for the best werewolf themed action/horror soap humanity has ever been blessed with.

Teen Wolf Season 3B premieres on Monday January 6th on MTV and MTV Canada!

Summary
(Contains spoilers up to season 3A.)

[copy & paste]As mentioned above, Teen Wolf is an action/horror teen soap opera very loosely based on the old Teen Wolf movie. And when I say loosely based, I mean the only similarity is that they are both called Teen Wolf.

This iteration of Teen Wolf tells the story of a young man named Scott, his sassy family, sexy friends, and steamy foes in the small town of Beacon Hills. In the first season, Scott, a newly bit were, quickly had to learn the ways of the wolf and find out his place in this brand new world of supernatural intrigue that had descended upon Beacon Hills. With the help of his friend Stiles and his girlfriend Allison, Scott valiantly fought his way through a deadly power struggle for the primo Alpha position, a battle that tore families apart and left more than a few bodies in its wake. Also, people got naked, a lot.

In season 2, with a new Alpha in place, and a brand new set of problems that threatened to tear Scott away from his loved ones, he had to assert his new found strength and abilities into protecting those he cared about from an ever increasing array of threats. (Which included more angst ridden teen wolves than you can shake a stick at, a crazy yet progressive family of beast hunters, the principal from hell, the scariest substitute teacher you'll ever met, a giant murderous lizard monster, a sassy living corpse and some kid that couldn't swim.) Needless to say, Scott saved the day, with a bit of help from his army of frenemies and some magic dirt. And we'll never forget how important house keys are. *sniff*[/copy & paste]

Now, in the first half of season 3 (otherwise known as 3A), Scott had to deal with an entire pack of Alphas and an insane Earthen based witch, all while trying to bring up his grade point average and figure out why his eyes were suddenly so irritated. Needless to say, with the help of the plucky group of misfits he calls his pack, Scott managed to fend off the encroaching Alphas and quell the tumultuous goings on of a certain sexy(?) Darach. Now Scott's a True Alpha, the rarest of all werewolves, with his powers coming not from birthright or physical prowess, but through the strength of his dopey, loveable heart. Awww.

But Scott and his friends payed a hefty price to defeat their foes, and now their home, Beacon Hills, will truly live up to its namesake. Monster foxes are coming... (Or was that foxy monsters?) And that's not their only problem, but how can you beat something that is coming from the deepest part of your soul? These "teens" are gonna need a lot of therapy pretty soon I think. I hope Ms. Morrell has some openings.

Cast

jnqUx8r.jpg

Scott McCall (Portrayed by Tyler Posey)
Well, Scott has finally done it. He's achieved the pinnacle of werewolfness and managed to pass some algebra tests at the same time. Things are finally starting to look up for are intrepid hero, except for the whole giant, never ending black hole of despair that is permanently part of his soul as a result of a ritual triple suicide. But you know, whatevs.

mIErW9t.jpg

Allison Argent (Portrayed by Crystal Reed)
Allison has found her mojo, her purpose in life and a new lover, all in the course of one half season. She's got her shizz together. But why won't the matriarch position of a newly energized family of hunters, a quiver full of fancy arrows, and a porcelain prince of a boyfriend make these crazy nightmares stop!?! Keep it together Allison!

04PSSqX.jpg

Stiles Stilinski (Portrayed by Dylan O'Brien)
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Stiles, am I right? He's got feels, we've got feels, everybody has got feels. But are all feels, good feels? And what if the feels don't stop? Even when you want them to? Maybe purposely drowning yourself in a druid/veterinarian's tub wasn't the best solution Stiles.

oRkoWtY.jpg

Derek Hale (Portrayed by Tyler Hoechlin)
Derek has had enough. Enough of his pack dying. Enough of being used as a greased up piece of man meat by crazy people. Enough of being blamed for every manner of hellacious demon spawn that just happens to breeze through town. Can't he just pump up his pecs, squeeze into some tight fitting clothes, and lurk in school parking lots in peace, dammit?!? So he's taking a little vacation, with his (miraculously still breathing) sister in tow. But what is his destination? And is it clothing optional?

ioeg60S.jpg

Lydia Martin (Portrayed by Holland Roden)
So you know all that screaming that Lydia is so fond of? Yeah, well it's not just for show people. This girl is a straight up banshee, and she's gonna banshee all over this town until someone will give her some damn answers. Though, when she get's going you might want to get out of her way, or you may already be dead. Just sayin'.

njSMeRc.jpg

Isaac Lahey (Portrayed by Daniel Sharman)
Ah Isaac, the last of The Leathers. You seem to be getting pretty chummy with a bunch of people, don't ya Isaac? Huh, what's that? You just can't figure out who you like more? And why you seem to show up everywhere soaking wet? It's okay Isaac, you just take some time to figure things out. We all love you. But you better watch your back. Pretty, young werewolves don't have the greatest life expectancy in these parts.

Mw95Mwy.jpg

Aiden & Ethan (Portrayed by Max Carver & Charlie Carver)
The Alpha Twins, or, the twins formally known as the Alphas Twins. They has a pretty tempestuous debut at Beacon Hills. Aiden, the lady lover, tried doggedly to get with Miss Martin, but are they the real deal? Or is she just using him on her Lydia Discovery Tour 2013/14? And then there's Ethan, who fell pretty hard for super stud Danny, the wonder hacker, but how will things go for our love birds when Danny discovers the truth? Ah, l'amour~

z39BOQw.jpg

Kira Yukimura (Portrayed by Arden Cho)
Kira is a new transfer student at Beacon Hills High, which automatically means she holds a mysterious secret. But what could this secret be? That her History Teacher father will fix your grades for some under the table payoffs? Nah. That her habit of eavesdropping is a compulsive addiction that she's still in treatment for? Probably not. One thing's for sure, she's definitely not related to all the crazy things that are happening lately. She's just Kira, a random, unimportant high school student. Stop scrutinizing her!

Of course as fans know, there are so many more lovely characters in the world of Teen Wolf, the majority of them dressed in v-neck sweaters. But MTV doesn't think they are cool enough to give them promo pics, so just imagine them posing seductively in the space below.

Media

-Stiles, Scott & Allison Promo
-"Lose Your Mind" Promo
-Season 3B Trailer

Links

-Official MTV Teen Wolf Website
-Official MTV Canada Teen Wolf Website
-Official Teen Wolf Twitter Page
-Official Teen Wolf Tumblr Page

In Closing...

You know the drill, my banner image isn't anything special, so if you'd like to contribute something nicer, just let me know.

Credit: Thanks to MTV.com, MTV.ca and unknown tumblr gif maker person for the images.

Isaac, Danny and I would like to thank you for reading.

3Yfqpg9.gif

Tokubetsu

Subbed. I see the best character on the show gets middle of the banner privilege this season. I approve.

Subbed. I see the best character on the show gets middle of the banner privilege this season. I approve.
I think the photog had it in for Tyler Posey this time. What the heck is up with his promo pic? Of all the pictures they assuredly took, that was the one they wanted to use? O_O

More focus on Stiles is okay with me, brah.
I don't mean the picture at the top, I like that one. (And it's cool to see Stiles front and center.)

I mean Posey's solo promo pic. It's so oddly composed. Tyler Posey is a very handsome and magnetic guy, so to use such a randomly unflattering picture is quite weird.

I don't mean the picture at the top, I like that one. (And it's cool to see Stiles front and center.)

I mean Posey's solo promo pic. It's so oddly composed. Tyler Posey is a very handsome and magnetic guy, so to use such a randomly unflattering picture is quite weird.

True.

Photographer must have been lazy that day. You know, its surprising, but Posey actually is a good lead. Allison shit asides, he really is growing into the role. I like that Scott is a genuinely good hero. Don't need some lame anti hero type. Posey plays him well enough.

True.

Photographer must have been lazy that day. You know, its surprising, but Posey actually is a good lead. Allison shit asides, he really is growing into the role. I like that Scott is a genuinely good hero. Don't need some lame anti hero type. Posey plays him well enough.
Yeah, Scott is pretty awesome. I was totally indifferent to him in season 1, but he's totally grown on me since then. I love how dedicate his is to his friends.

And when Gerard tried to spew that garbage story at him in 3A, and Scott grabbed his hand and was all "LISTEN HERE OLD MAN", that was amazing. And the scene where Scott and Lydia held hands? And when he was worried about Danny on the bus? ^_^

Yeah, Scott is pretty awesome. I was totally indifferent to him in season 1, but he's totally grown in my since then. I love how dedicate his is to his friends.

And when Gerard tried to spew that garbage story at him in 3A, and Scott grabbed his hand and was all "LISTEN HERE OLD MAN", that was amazing. And the scene where Scott and Lydia held hands? And when he was worried about Danny on the bus? ^_^

Scott is seriously the best buddy to have.

I saw this and I couldn't stop laughing

AW YISS. THIS MEANS THE RETURN OF THE TV.COM RECAPS.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Normally I would misread the thread title as "Lose your shit" but since this is a Teen Wolf thread I didn't make that mistake. :p

Normally I would misread the thread title as "Lose your shit" but since this is a Teen Wolf thread I didn't make that mistake. :p
That was intentional~ (I was gonna put brackets around the r, but I thought that was too crude.)

It may not seem like it, but the OT title has multiple meanings beside the obvious. (There is one more, but I wonder if anyone will get it.)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Subscribed!
I was expecting more shirtlessness tbh

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Subbed!

Loved the character descriptions. And I see that the best character is front and centre. Longer hair Stiles is best Stiles.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Would pay to watch

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I got my older brother into Teen Wolf half way through the second season. I told him he would like it if he gave it a chance and had fun with it. He really likes it now. After Christmas dinner at my uncle's house we (my brothers, cousins and I) were all talking about what TV shows we were watching and what was good when my brother brought up Teen Wolf. Everyone stopped and looked at him like he was crazy and I laughed because it was similar to his first reaction when I recommended it to him. I think we convinced one of my cousins to give it a chance. :)

ivysaur12

Banned
Are you still randomly searching Sterek on tumblr ivy? Or have you given in and finally jumped on the Teen Wolf bandwagon? You're always welcome.

Still just randomly searching Sterek on Tumblr. I don't have time for another show. But I do appreciate this one.

Is there a legitimate story reason to watch besides HOT MEN? Or is that it? I don't really enjoy campy.

Still just randomly searching Sterek on Tumblr. I don't have time for another show. But I do appreciate this one.

Is there a legitimate story reason to watch besides HOT MEN? Or is that it? I don't really enjoy campy.
Oh, I've seen your TV list. Don't enjoy campy eh? Then explain Scandal and Revolution bud!

Is Teen Wolf campy? Yep, 100%. But I think it's done in an endearing way, and I think it goes down paths that are seldom, if ever, addressed in mainstream genre shows, and the show is very enjoyable beyond the eye candy. The first 3 or 4 episodes are kinda meh, but after that it really starts to ramp up. I feel the main draw are the characters, and their interaction with each other. The cast has amazing chemistry.

If you decide to give it a shot, we'll be here for you. And so will Tyler Hoechlin.

Don't wanna derail the thread so just Google "colton haynes blackface"
yeah :v
Yeah, he's kinda thoughtless sometimes. I don't think he did it maliciously, but I can't fathom why anyone would think it's acceptable, even if done in jest.

Scandal tests my campy dislike with every episode, and I watch Revolution mostly because I know a lot of people on it :p

Hmm... I might give it a few episodes. It's not on Netflix, though. Blah.
If you do give it a go, I will reiterate that the first few episodes are sorta disjointed, but the payoff is worth it.

Come for the shirtlessness, and stay for the relationships.

He wore 2 Halloween costumes that had a blackface component to them. It was pretty stupid.

I think MTV has the first two seasons.
Yeah, it looks like MTV.com has all the previous episodes available for viewing.

YoungBlade, would you mind removing those images please? I think it may derail the thread as you said. (All Colton rage should now go to the Arrow OT anyway. :p)

One little mildly spoilery tidbit I learned yesterday which excited me...

Apparently Sheriff Stilinski is getting a new, young, male deputy that he will mentor. I hope the Teen Wolf casting department worked their magic.

One little mildly spoilery tidbit I learned yesterday which excited me...

Apparently Sheriff Stilinski is getting a new, young, male deputy that he will mentor. I hope the Teen Wolf casting department worked their magic.
Knowing this show he's probably going to be the bad guy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom