• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Inhumans TCA panel seems to have gone well. Also sad Affleck.

Critics saw an early cut of the pilot and then attended a panel with the producers and cast. ABC was apparently really defensive, stopped letting reporters ask questions and just had a producer ask questions and eventually ended the panel early.

Oh, and there was this:
From there, things started to go a little pear-shaped. When a reporter asked actor Anson Mount a question suggesting the show’s not good, he said: “You’re making me feel like Ben Affleck right now,” then he mentioned Simon and Garfunkel. Somewhere, the “Sound of Silence” was playing.

Some twitter highlights:

Alan Sepinwall, Uproxx / Hitfix
The version of the Inhumans pilot we've seen does such a poor job of explaining Karnak's powers that when I straw polled a bunch of critics+ about what they thought they were, nobody got it right. I said this to Jeph Loeb, who said he wished he had been there when I did the poll+ because he could have explained it. Which isn't ideal, even if he insists we've seen an unfinished product, and final version explains more.

It's remarkable how awkward that "Inhumans" panel was even though none of us mentioned that Scott Buck ran "Iron Fist" season 1. #TCA17

Caroline Framke, Vox
There may be no shadier question for Inhumans than @TheFienPrint asking if its IMAX run will be cheaper (because lol it should be!) #TCA17

I will say this, and only this, for Marvel's Inhumans: it sure is the only fall show that features a giant teleporting dog! #TCA17

Eric Deggans, NPR
Is it me, or is Jeph Loeb incredibly defensive about questions even slightly critical about the series Marvel’s Inhumans.

Jason Lynch, Adweek
Will IMAX charge the same amount to see Inhumans as big summer films? “No idea,” says Jeph Loeb. Okay then. #TCA17

We’re now watching Anson Mount scroll through something on his phone. #Inhumans #TCA17

Ellen Gray, Philly.com
Jeph Loeb has apparently decided it's safer if he asks the questions for the #Inhumans panel. #TCA17

Todd VanDerWerff, Vox
Anson Mount has a 50-page Google doc for the sign language he invented for a show that will be canceled after one season. #tca17

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Anson Mount has a 50-page Google doc for the sign language he invented for a show that will be canceled after one season. #tca17

Oof.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Karnak's power is finding someone's weakness and exploiting it.

With his fists.

How can you fuck that up?

Then again, these guys made fucking Iron Fist. A show that took a guy who hits stuff good and turned it into a show where everyone stops so he can make his fist glow real slow and corporate espionage.

Slayven

Karnak's power is finding someone's weakness and exploiting it.

With his fists.

How can you fuck that up?

Then again, these guys made fucking Iron Fist. A show that took a guy who hits stuff good and turned it into a show where everyone stops so he can make his fist glow real slow and corporate espionage.

To be fair Karnak can bee wacky, he found the flaw in Death and punched himself back to life

mreddie

DGlkUNFUwAAitac.jpg

Buck and Loeb know what's coming.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
To be fair Karnak can bee wacky, he found the flaw in Death and punched himself back to life

Right, but you can not do that stuff. You can just have a way bigger dude and have him notice he has a limp and then slow mo flashback to the guy hurting his knee in training, pull back to real time and have Karnak hit him in the fucking knee buckling the guy.

And then have someone (not blackbolt) say "oh shit, how did he know Johnny bad knee has a bad knee'

Other dude: Karnak man, he never misses a weak spot.

DONE.

Slayven

Right, but you can not do that stuff. You can just have a way bigger dude and have him notice he has a limp and then slow mo flashback to the guy hurting his knee in training, pull back to real time and have Karnak hit him in the fucking knee buckling the guy.

And then have someone (not blackbolt) say "oh shit, how did he know Johnny bad knee has a bad knee'

DONE.

Sure when you it that way you make it sound easy. Scott Buck just wants to Buck the trend of adapting comic shit in a good way

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yeah, this is sounding bad.

But to be fair, "Will your IMAX run be cheaper than others?" is kind of a passive aggressively dickish question to ask.

Fury451

Banned
From there, things started to go a little pear-shaped. When a reporter asked actor Anson Mount a question suggesting the show’s not good, he said: “You’re making me feel like Ben Affleck right now,” then he mentioned Simon and Garfunkel. Somewhere, the “Sound of Silence” was playing.
We’re now watching Anson Mount scroll through something on his phone. #Inhumans #TCA17

Lmao. He definitely knows it sucks. Anson Mount seems like a cool dude; he deserves better. Hell, even the Royal family deserves better and I never thought I'd say that.

spelen

this show has garbage written all over it. why they wouldn't somehow weave inhumans into the agents of shield mythology is beyond me.

Ok, at this point ABC/Marvel should just use the pilot as an introduction to the concept of Inhumans and then scrap every episode afterwards. Revamp the show and make it about the adventures of Ms.Marvel and Lockjaw.

ZeoVGM

Banned
this show has garbage written all over it. why they wouldn't somehow weave inhumans into the agents of shield mythology is beyond me.

What makes it even more strange is given how season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ended, they could have just had the entire season 5 be based around introducing the royal family. And I would have faith that they would have done it well.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm kinda looking forward to this for the schadenfreude. Probably the only pleasure to be deprived from it.

Korigama

Still astonishing to reflect on Inhumans' trajectory of originally being announced as an upcoming MCU film, once slated to be part of Phase Three, to being downgraded to a Marvel TV show helmed by their absolute worst showrunner.

mreddie

Still astonishing to reflect on Inhumans' trajectory of originally being announced as an upcoming MCU film, once slated to be part of Phase Three, to being downgraded to a Marvel TV show helmed by their absolute worst showrunner.

Ike is getting his payback from the Mutant Depush before the Mutant TV rights, watch Gifted get better reviews...oh wait, it is.

caliph95

DONE.
It's a thing that has been done a billion times in Sherlock Holmes and stuff

How do you make that confusing

Patryn

Feige never liked Inhumans. This is all Perlmutter pushing a property as hard as he can because he's pissed that Fox is holding the rights to the X-Men. But once Feige staged his coup, Perlmutter no longer had any say for the movies.

Slayven

The guy made a show that was poorly received so they gave him another show?

Failing upwards is not new especially in hollywood. In comics there is 3 rules to steady work

Be good
Be fast
Be well liked(by people in the industry)

Rob Liefield ate for years on being 2 out of 3

Anung

Un Rama
Failing upwards is not new especially in hollywood. In comics there is 3 rules to steady work

Be good
Be fast
Be well liked(by people in the industry)

Rob Liefield ate for years on being 2 out of 3

Forgot the fourth rule. Know dank shit about people in the industry. It's the only way I can make sense of certain people still getting work.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Should've just made a show about The Imperfects. Atleast then, if it ended up being bad, nobody would be invested enough to care.

wait the same guy who showran ironfist S1 showran this? didnt know that. but ironfist was terrible. Like, bad lines, bad tropes, not even good fighting really. why do people let this guy do super hero shit. hes like uwe boll of ruining comic books

Top Bottom