• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Blossom Tales (Awesome retro top down action adventure game)

9f689f5fba8b026898582f3a35c60e28_large.png

I stumbled across this Kickstarter last night and thought that some people on GAF might be interested in it!

Kickstarter Link

23a9c9cc1c16d918b4d9691308bba309_large.gif

34d17dc04526ae4758084dd5edd1b8fd_large.gif

"Drawing inspiration from the beloved top-down adventure games we grew up with, Blossom Tales is a refreshing combination of classic Action-RPG gameplay and modern design. Players can expect a one-of-a-kind experience as they explore hand-crafted dungeons that cleverly combine pre-designed layouts and randomized areas, all while using the handy target-lock system to take out specific enemies, lock onto a boss’ weak spot, and interact with puzzle elements and game world objects. The young Lily will also keep players on their toes by occasionally introducing enemies, story events, and more as she helps her Grandpa tell the tale.

Featuring a vibrant world to get lost in, challenging quests to complete, and memorable characters to meet, our hope is for players to feel as though they've been transported back to the glorious days when pixelated visuals and chiptune music captivated us for hours on end. "

48a23846641fb6d706a9f7cec78e636e_large.gif

65a76fe4585bfa8190833625cc5cdf93_large.gif

An Unforgettable World -- Fierce snow beasts, creepy undead monsters, and cackling witches are a few of the many remarkable characters and menacing foes you'll meet as you explore abandoned grottos, enchanted forests, and dragon-infested caverns.

An Unpredictable Story -- Although the tale is being told by Grandpa, you can expect his lively granddaughter to occasionally chime in and affect the game. For instance, a quiet trip through a cemetery can quickly change if little Lily decides that an army of undead should rise and attack!

Classic ARPG Gameplay -- Zelda being the most obvious inspiration, Blossom Tales offers a fun, familiar experience via an arsenal of unique spells and weapons, dungeons with combat and puzzle challenges, and a rich interconnected world.

A One-of-a-Kind Adventure -- Blossom Tales will do more than fill you with nostalgia as you enjoy a fresh mix of fun gameplay elements. For example, the handy target-lock system will prove useful to adventurers as they explore dungeons with both randomly-generated areas and pre-designed layouts, resulting in an adventures that feels unlike any other.

Easy To Learn, Fun To Master -- Accessible enough for any gamer while also providing enough depth for those seeking a challenge. Whether you grew up with the classics or this is your first ARPG, you’ll be captivated by the engaging gameplay, charming characters, and hard-won rewards.

ae678328f34651cb09ca64fa280c6571_large.gif

Digital copies start at $8!

As a guy who loves this style of game, I am really excited about this project! :)

Really enjoyed Rex Rocket, and regretted not backing that, so I'm definitely support Castle Pixel this time. Game looks awesome

Xetherion

Got in on an early bird backer deal for once, nice. Game looks like a great nod to old school Zelda, can't wait to play it!

To be fair, they are targeting a late 2015, early 2016 launch for the game. I seriously doubt that the Wii U will still be on store shelves at that point.
I find posts like these hilariously stupid.

Really? The Wii U won't be on store shelves anymore, around the same time Zelda rolls around? Additionally, we know indie games do good business on the Wii U, especially ones in genres that resonate well with Nintendo fans.

Still, leveraging the Nintendo press to to promote your game that doesn't even land on the platform is bullshit. These guys can get fucked until they deliver on their promises.

Sydle

Love the look. $25 pledged, may up it if it needs help towards the end.

EDIT: Anyone know of something similar available now? I'm getting Pier Solar (little different I know), but would love something closer to Link to the Past.

Love the look. $25 pledged, may up it if it needs help towards the end.

EDIT: Anyone know of something similar available now? I'm getting Pier Solar (little different I know), but would love something closer to Link to the Past.

I'd love to know this as well.

update: They got picked up by a publisher!

"Some amazing news!!! We’re excited to announce that FDG Entertainment has agreed to fund the development of Blossom Tales and a second game we’re planning called Holo City!!! It’s hard to put into words just how surreal this feels for us, especially after the failed Kickstarter campaign, but we’re incredibly excited that you’ll all still get to go on Lily’s vibrant adventure soon. : )"

First shots of (what I think is ) their next game as well: Holo City!

and a new-ish shot of Blossom Tales:

10683654_888834261128303_4028350092985548362_o.png

Burt

Awesome trailer, glad to hear it's still coming. Loved Rex Rocket, and wasn't very happy when the KS for this failed.

The Wart

Looks like a Link to the Past fan game.
I am super into it. Need more indies ripping off Zelda instead of Metroid.

I kickstarted this, been waiting for a while. I am glad he finished it, I practically stalked him in Twitter and twitch waiting for a release date.
I was so sad when the kickstarted failed.

Bluth54

I totally missed the kickstarter for this game, I'll have to keep an eye on reactions to this. Looks like it could be a fun Zelda clone. .

Top Bottom