• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 swedish controverstory

Tieno

pringles said:
I don't think this has been mentioned yet.. there's apparantly some new kind of covenenant technology in the game, an energy barrier of some kind that lets players move through it freely but stops bullets and grenades.
Like those energy walkways at the end of Halo 2?

LukeSmith

Tieno said:
YAY! I'm happy an hardcore Halo fan and critic is writing it!

Will there by Halo 3 multiplayer videos? of all the 3 maps?

No videos right now :(

I'd KILL babies for some video flybys of the maps.

So would Mark MacD, I bet.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
pringles said:
I don't think this has been mentioned yet.. there's apparantly some new kind of covenenant technology in the game, an energy barrier of some kind that lets players move through it freely but stops bullets and grenades.
I wonder if it will be similar to those shields you can deploy in Resistance (as in, a portable device that allows you to place them) or something that is placed within the levels themselves?

scarybore

Scoot said:
No SP screens. But I kid you not, I have about 1300 words on my desk right now that I've written about SP and what I've seen -- I just can't say anything about them right now. I will say this though, GAF: Relax.

Sweet!

Hmm, I could see this being used as a way to stop spawn killing but I would guess that could cause problems in itself. Without the context (deployable by player? Fixed zones? Single or multiplayer only?) it is kind of hard to see where and how it will be used.

pringles

Tieno said:
Like those energy walkways at the end of Halo 2?
It's been a while since I played that so I'm not sure what you're referring to..but I don't think it's like that. The way it's described in the mag atleast makes it seem like something totally new.

They said that in atleast one of the multiplayer maps it's used to protect bunkers.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
pringles said:

Very cool... I wonder where this could be used or deployed - spawn camping wasn't a real problem at at in Halo, so I wonder...

lilltias

"we had access to too much money, too much equipment, and little by little we went insane"

almost fits, anyways :D

There is a line in the Level article that says they got to see SP once. But I can't see what they wrote about it though. Need bigger scans.

Sai

Skilotonn said:
spawn camping wasn't a real problem at at in Halo
In Halo 2, you mean?

Rat Race and Hang 'em High were good spawn killin' maps. 'specially Hang 'em High--grab a M6D, get at one of these two points on a game of CTF:

heh_top.jpg

... And it kinda works out like this:

47-17_94.gif

Those were fun times.

RyuHayate

Some guy who didn't sign an NDA let the cat of the bag as to what the function of the X button is...

ads005.jpg

Surely this will move units in Japan.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Sai said:
In Halo 2, you mean?

Rat Race and Hang 'em High were good spawn killin' maps. 'specially Hang 'em High--grab a M6D, get at one of these two points on a game of CTF:

http://sai.voiea.net/stuff/heh_top.jpg

... And it kinda works out like this:

http://sai.voiea.net/stuff/47-17_94.gif

Those were fun times.

Yeah, should've said that actually - they handled the spawn killing really well in Halo 2...

Looking at these pics again, and I still cannot see how people say this looks terrible... jeez...

Oh well...

shpankey

not an idiot
Scoot said:
No SP screens. But I kid you not, I have about 1300 words on my desk right now that I've written about SP and what I've seen -- I just can't say anything about them right now. I will say this though, GAF: Relax.
sweet

Kabouter

Skilotonn said:
Looking at these pics again, and I still cannot see how people say this looks terrible... jeez...
By comparing it to other games on the system instead of it's predecessor on a previous system.

SonnyBoy said:
Master Chief needs to eat more, he must be depressed.

Maybe you can visit a Burger King ingame to gain some mass? :p
Plus, we'd get the burger king as a game character :p

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Kabouter said:
Maybe you can visit a Burger King ingame to gain some mass? :p
Plus, we'd get the burger king as a game character :p

7-11 Mountain Dew slurpees.

GhaleonEB

Kabouter said:
If you compare these low quality pictures of a magazine from a pre-alpha MP build of a 2007 game to the average finished and released 360 game, yep :)
I made a tweak or two, and now we agree.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kabouter said:
By comparing it to other games on the system instead of it's predecessor on a previous system.

Not that we can see all of the details from uneven pics of a magazine, but this pre-alpha looks pretty damn fine... it's not Gears of War-fine of course, but it's not what they're aiming for...

Oh wait, Ghaleon already handled it, oh well...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the special edition content sounds really cool, but i'd rather it came in a nice slipcase than a replica of master chief's head. eh, it's probably going to retail for $RAPE anyway.

Tieno

SonnyBoy said:
This is the only thing that would make me by a memory card. Too bad I doubt they'd release a driver for mem keys so you can share them with friends.
Maybe upload them to a server like you can do with PGR3 photos?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Tieno said:
Has this been known? It's a first to me...
What if you could save your own movies from Halo 3's single and multiplayer gameplay and then rewatch them? In Halo 3, you can.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154702

Sweet!!

Hahaha - Luke couldn't wait any longer to break out the first details - thanks Sweden!!!

I'll just post the text since it didn't load right away for me:

In the just-redesigned December issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (subscribers should have it any day now) a handful of editors took Halo 3's multiplayer game hands-on.
The result? A 17-page cover story and a three-week series of stories on 1UP called "3 Weeks of Halo 3."

Before all of that information ends up in your hands, though -- here's some of what to expect from both EGM and 1UP over the next few weeks:

What's are these new Brutish weapons? What's a Spike Rifle, or a Spike Grenade?
The Mongoose (the once-scrapped ATV from Halo/Halo 2) is back: Who wants to ride Brokeback?
Halo 3 will have three retail SKUs, standard, collector's edition and Legendary. Guess which one comes with a helmet and 4 discs of content?
Adding bumpers to the 360 controller means there's some extra real estate for Bungie to play with. Now the left bumper releads your dual wielded weapon and the right bumper is the reload. What does X do, though? Mum.
Starting weapon: Bungie thinks they have the "perfect" starting weapon in Halo 3. It's not the pistol, the battle rifle or the SMG and it's pretty familiar. How does the new Assault Rifle play?
One of the new maps, Valhalla, is being called "the new Blood Gulch" -- but this isn't another coat of new paint on the Combat Evolved classic, this is from-the-ground-up a brand new map. How is it?
What if you could save your own movies from Halo 3's single and multiplayer gameplay and then rewatch them? In Halo 3, you can.

Recording gameplay from BOTH SP and MP? Bad. Ass. Huge shout out to the Halo community - this is something that EVERYONE wanted... holy crap!

Ah, so the "Brokeback" comment was about the Moongoose - so I guess that means you hug the driver if you're the back? :)

One thing though, the way you worded the individual reloading sounds weird Luke... might wanna rewrite that bit, even though I know what you meant...

A_Lee_N said:
Some dude on a swedish forum just posted proper high resolution scans:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZRCA1WQ9

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!!! Downloading now!

snatches

drohne said:
the special edition content sounds really cool, but i'd rather it came in a nice slipcase than a replica of master chief's head. eh, it's probably going to retail for $RAPE anyway.

At Walmart its $RAPE.82

Watch out for falling prices Drohne

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Scoot said:
Not to step on Skip's toes, I'm sure he's watching this thread.
Some of us will be playing through Gears of War this week.
That is embargoed until Nov. 7 (I believe).

Want to play on partnernet? Co-op or versus, I'm down.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
drohne said:

According to the new 1up link above, there will be the regular version, the Collector's edition, as well as the Legendary Edition...

Legendary is mine on day one regardless of price...

Gowans

Man I didn't want to even see this game or hear about it till playing it but I'm gona get sucked into teh hype train.

Very little to go on here from this Alpha build but some nice nuggets and looking forward to Ziffs previews (glad to here Scoot isn' too workied I trust his opinion but I trust bungie more).

/Scraches head thinking where to put the Colletors Edition box.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Skilotonn said:
According to the new 1up link above, there will be the regular version, the Collector's edition, as well as the Legendary Edition...

Legendary is mine on day one regardless of price...

Same here!

Wolffen

Tieno said:
Has this been known? It's a first to me...
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154702

Sweet!!

That functionality was slated for Halo 2 at one point, but got scrapped. All I ask is that they make it more than the shitty 30 second max of Burnout:Revenge, and that they let us send the files to our PCs some how (or a USB thumbdrive or something).

Top Bottom