• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Crysis 3 Remastered

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
R.a2379fd922841b36e6a2c611163b67d8

This is originally a 2013 game, and later released in 2021 as a "remaster".

black ops 3 forums GIF

The game, like the first two, revolves around the "Nanosuit" technology that gives the main character enhanced strength and speed going up against a technologically advanced but ancient alien species.

It's graphics are crazy and it was arguably the most used meme in the PC crowd (Can it run Crysis?) during its release, and I think it is important to gaming's history. Let me explain.

4csdnsu5l8v41.jpg

Crysis 1, came out in 2007.

Cover fire is important in this game, things like ammo, managing your suits abilities (cloak, and strength) are important, and there's plenty of weapons to play around with.
I think in the FPS scene, games like call of duty and halo create so much noise that games like Crysis 3 can get lost.

The story in 3 shows flashes of greatness like Cell consuming the city of New York, or the aliens taking over the planet via wormhole. Team comrade Psycho has some real dialogue but the story like the first two just doesn't feel as passionate as a Half Life 2, Halo 2 or even Fear.

I approve of the enemy variety, there's nothing overwhelmingly scary about them and fire fights occur or you can sneak past them.

Overall if a Crysis 4 was announced I would feel excited, the graphics, the good gunplay, and every new entry shows potential for something great.

I'd like to see multiplayer return also.

What did GAF think of Crysis 3?

SoloCamo

Crysis 3 made me justify buying a Radeon 7970GHZ Edition so it was worth it. Fun game overall and still looks better IMO than a lot of games releasing today.

I didn't hate C3, I thought it was a closer return to the roots of Crysis, but 2 and 3 just don't scratch the same itch that the first one did. I thought 2's campaign was better than 3's, but 3 tried to bridge the gap of the sandbox that 2 left and didn't quite get it right.

Still, overall, it's a great series and it's a shame it chased that CoD money. I thought the MP was pretty fun, a nice take on the standard CoD formula of the time.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Probably the worst of all three. They really did a shit job inflating the game with cringe dialogues and loads of talking.

My favorite are the first one and the second.

It felt really short too. And who the hell wants scenes or anything else with Psycho involved? Answer: Absolutely fucking no one.

2 is still my favorite.

T-0800

What did GAF think of Crysis 3?
I bought the Crysis Trilogy a few days ago. I've beaten them before on PS3.

Just finished the first Crysis. Great game with a really poor last hour or so. I've played a couple of hours of Crysis 2. I really love Crysis 2. Great sequel.

Crysis 3 is pretty good as well but I'm surprised that I'm not impressed with the graphics with this one like I am with the first 2. It has a gritty look to it that I don't really like.

lmimmfn

Probably the worst of all three. They really did a shit job inflating the game with cringe dialogues and loads of talking.

My favorite are the first one and the second.
The second on was shit along with the 3rd, Crysis 1 was smazing apart from the zero gravity section.

Crisis 2 and 3 were based on console limitations, small areas before loading the next. Crysis 1 had large open areas with destructible environments missing from the rest of the series.

Crysis 2 had the right blueprint for a game, but the need for it to appear on consoles gimped it.

I actually found Crysis 3 to be a mess narratively by the end. But the gameplay was really good.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Played it on 360. Thought it was terrible. I dont think the game even reached 30 fps. Very hard to play smoothly coming off 60 fps COD. The game also copied the 3-5-7 killstreak too from COD 4.

King Dazzar

Worst of the trilogy and horrendously bad end game boss fight. DF always gush over it for some weird reason. Had a couple of decent levels but overall it felt like an unfinished game to me. OG and 2 were much better.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I was about to ask how some of y’all managed to play Crysis on the Xbox 360 but then remembered I played multiplayer Perfect Dark and Goldeneye which dropped to single digit fps and had a blast anyway.

Last edited:

Fake

The second on was shit along with the 3rd, Crysis 1 was smazing apart from the zero gravity section.

Crisis 2 and 3 were based on console limitations, small areas before loading the next. Crysis 1 had large open areas with destructible environments missing from the rest of the series.

The 2 is not that bad, at least in comparison with 3. The main character don't even speak, the game is pretty fast and you can really use and abuse from the nanosuit energy, unlike 3.

The 3 is like a step down to the 2 in gameplay aspect. People can praise whatever they want about the bow, but they reduce so much the invisibility aspect, constant lack of energy suit, stupid skill tree and stupid way to level up the skill. In Crysis 3 You can't hold claymore and rocket lancher at the same time anymore, nanosuit energy drops super quick, lack of progress in this game is fucking terrible. The game litelary force you to play at the lower level difficult.

And that dialogue is a fucking nightmare. You doing stuff and Physco and his girlfriend keep fightning each other, sometimes his girlfriend insult Prophet and Prophet not even answer back the insult, keep listening people talking trash about you in silent, I mean WTF is that shit?
The 2 is more simple in this aspect, late game you can stay much much time invisible, there are no stupid aliens like the one who use a flamethrower? I mean, c'mon.

Crysis 1 is by far the best of the bunch, no contest. The worst part of Crysis 3 is really the dialogue. I don't know what happens inside Crytek to make a dialogue so insufferable like that. Sometimes I drop the game entirely.

And lets not forget, Digital Foundry make little mention of the game instability. Many times Crysis 3 stop working on my PS4. The game constant crashes.

Last edited:
I am playing it at the moment. I really like the menu theme and the graphics still hold up really well.

Crysis 1 is the best out of all three though.

Top Bottom