• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Turok 3 (N64 version)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
OIP._O8GlgpPMMDtSqOyWTKJ7QHaFB

Played Turok early on during my childhood, the franchise was one of the best first person shooters in the 90s, I don't care about goldeneye or doom. It was Turok that changed the genre.

Turok 3 has boss battles that are hard to stop, I have to give them credit on the difficulty. With Turok 3 they accomplished good level design, provided enemy variety, and new characters like Danielle into it.

R.7b9907c0210d6d225a32d37abbd99073

tumblr_mpgx4mTFZT1qjztgpo1_400.gif

Brain drilling gun.

Turok 3 is capable of holding its own and yet its sitting on peoples shelves, I was really impressed with the gunplay.

Turok 3 Remastered Sees Unintended Early Release on Nintendo Switch That Contains Several Major Bugs

Now Turok 3 is being given some respect and being remastered this will give people an opportunity to play the game unlike paying 30+ for a cart.

Screenshot-2023-11-24-192614.png

Proper score.

All I'm saying is this game shouldn't be ignored, for those who have played it what do you think?

violence

I liked it when I rented it. Seemed more of a half-life direction which was cool. The FPS was distractingly bad. I'm looking forward to playing the remaster.

DeepSpace5D

Didn’t these games get remastered recently for current gen consoles? I’ve been thinking about playing through them. I haven’t played Turok 2 since I was a little kid.

Apocryphon

Didn’t these games get remastered recently for current gen consoles? I’ve been thinking about playing through them. I haven’t played Turok 2 since I was a little kid.
Yes, the 3rd game was just remastered. The first two have been available in remastered form for some time. Available on basically everything. Turok 2 holds up. Fantastic game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I remember feeling Turok 3 was good, but I’ll have to experience it again.

People rank the original too highly. It was the amazing graphics for the time. The game itself is pretty dull.

subsmoke

I've started and stopped it several times, most recently in 2018 but never finished it. I didn't exactly lose interest but got distracted by other things. When the remaster comes out on the 30th I'll finally beat it once and for all.

I remember renting Turok 2 with a buddy and playing that over the weekend. I still enjoyed Goldeney/Perfect Dark more but I thought Turok 2 was awesome as well. I never played the 3rd, but remember checking out whatever the first Turok game for PS2 was released and thought that was pretty cool too.

I really wish we'd have a more modern take on the franchise as with todays tech, the possibility in both single-player and mp could make for some unique flavor in the AAA space.

Serge85

During COVID I played and beat for the first time (in original n64 hardware) Turok, Turok 2 and Turok 3.

I loved, really loved the first two games (specially turok 2).

I hated Turok 3. Such a letdown, it became a generic fps, gone was the exploration, I'll never play it again.

Serge85

Must've been quite a shock how those games run on original hardware. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Yes.

I couldn't play Turok 2 with the expansion pack, the framerate was so bad that it made literally dizzy, I had to stop playing, so "low rez" for me. Turok 1 wasn't so bad, it ran fine but with lots of "pop up"

Nevertheless I had a blast playing and beating them, I love retro gaming and I love the n64, just now I'm getting all the medals in rogue squadron for the first time (also N64 version), lots of fun.

Soltype

Yes.

I couldn't play Turok 2 with the expansion pack, the framerate was so bad that it made literally dizzy, I had to stop playing, so "low rez" for me. Turok 1 wasn't so bad, it ran fine but with lots of "pop up"

Nevertheless I had a blast playing and beating them, I love retro gaming and I love the n64, just now I'm getting all the medals in rogue squadron for the first time (also N64 version), lots of fun.
You play on a CRT?

subsmoke

This was a pretty short game, under 5 hours for me. Not bad but it doesn't hold a candle to the first two games.

Top Bottom