• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One / PlayStation 4) - Jan 28 2014

Amazon has a lot to share:

Price: $59.99

- Preorder to receive art book packaging; get an insider?s look at exclusive, never before seen concept art
- Live the critically acclaimed, cinematic action-adventure, re-built specifically for next gen consoles
- Survive high-octane combat, customize Lara's weapons and gear, and overcome grueling environments to uncover the island's deadly secret
- See Lara Croft like never before, with every bead of sweat, strand of hair, and article of clothing delivered in obsessive detail; Endure a stunningly re-imagined island, fraught with new, unforgiving storms, and alive with motion
- Own the complete Tomb Raider experience with all of the DLC, including the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book, and the digital comic "The Beginning"

Product Description
The cinematic action-adventure that forced Lara Croft to grow from an inexperienced young woman into a hardened survivor has been re-built for Xbox One and PS4, featuring an obsessively detailed Lara and a stunningly lifelike world. To survive her first adventure and uncover the island's deadly secret, Lara must endure high-octane combat, customize her weapons and gear, and overcome grueling environments. The Definitive Edition of the critically-acclaimed action-adventure includes digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, Brady games mini-art book and combines all of the DLC. Preorders will receive art book packaging where you can get an insider’s look at exclusive, never before seen concept art.

Boxart included. TressFX too.

Sorry if old.

I kinda want
wtzgU.gif

So there is a big sale on all the DLC at steam

Are the Hitman weapon packs worth it? I particularly like SMG weapons does the game already have a nice selection?

Amazon has a lot to share:

Boxart included. TressFX too.

Sorry if old.

wow read text first

want.jpg

read price (after checking out steam sale)

donotwant.jpg

Still looks like a nice package for those with a PS4 and no PC.

Hopefully you can turn off some of that DLC which gives you in game progress rewards for free.

CCIE

Banned
This is a money grab - it won't be optimized in any way as this is Square we are talking about. You will see the same performance you do on a low end PC. And neither console has the compute necessary for more.

TressFX? Sure... One of the consoles probably cannot do it, even at 720p. You will get 900p or 1080p at 30fps without the "hair"

1080p & a locked 30 frames per second?
Considering I played it on PC at 1080p @ 60fps its still got to explain the definitive part.

Why shouldn't this game be 60fps on next gen consoles?

Edit: Ahh so it is $60 and includes all that muliplayer DLC. I expected a lot more honestly, for full price.

Yeah $60 is not surprising, its a quiet early part of the year so its easy to imagine the game selling well especially since you get all the DLC

Yoday

I'm not expecting much more than a port of the PC version, but the Amazon description makes it sound like a lot more work was put into it. I am really excited for this trailer.

Xander51

I'm fully in on this. Tomb Raider was my favorite game this year. Suddenly even happier I bought an Xbox One.

Falifax

Bought Tomb Raider PC yesterday for 8 dollars and I'm enjoying it more than I would have expected so I might aswell grab this version when I get a PS4.

Considering I played it on PC at 1080p @ 60fps its still got to explain the definitive part.

Why shouldn't this game be 60fps on next gen consoles?

Edit: Ahh so it is $60 and includes all that muliplayer DLC. I expected a lot more honestly, for full price.

Going by the amazon description Tressfx is in and at 1080p I don't see 60fps happening even on PS4.

I did all the bonus/side mission temples or attempted them plus beat the game so i might pass but for those that haven't played this then i hope you guys pick it up.

such a fun game , felt like a roller coaster.

wonder if Multipayer will be upgraded , was kinda bad when i played it

i-Lo

So it's on Wii U only then eh...

Looks like I'll pick up GTA V when they release its definitive version.

BigDug13

Curious to see what new content there is, if any, and the asking price.

Surely this will be testing the waters a bit. Its not exactly a HD re-release and its going to be compared against cross-gen releases with the $10 upgrades.

Going to guess $60 by their use of the word "Definitive" though.

I just got every Tomb Raider game (14 of them) including this one without the "Definitive" in the title for $10 total on Steam. Not sure how they could justify a $60 price for a game that by the time it comes out will be $5 on Steam.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Now the Multiplatform comparison will be very interesting on this game. Both the PS4 and XBone will more then likely getting a port of the PC version. So I'm very curious to see how they both will preform.

I'm predicting :

XBone version : High PC settings, 900p, 30FPS ( No TresFX)
PS4 version: High PC settings 1080p 30FPS Tress FX enabled.(Only if they utilize PS4's compute none if they don't)

Both will be priced at $39.99
Why would a hi-res current gen port be 30fps?
Regardless of Tress FX it's still a current gen game with current gen assets even on PC, 30fps is only likely if they revamp the engine beyond the PC version on max
1080p @30fps is kinda acceptable for Tomb Raider 2 with it being built for nextgen, a TR1 nextgen port running at @30fps unacceptable for a download budget release let alone a full release.

jim2011

This is a money grab - it won't be optimized in any way as this is Square we are talking about. You will see the same performance you do on a low end PC. And neither console has the compute necessary for more.

TressFX? Sure... One of the consoles probably cannot do it, even at 720p. You will get 900p or 1080p at 30fps without the "hair"

Based on Amazon's description, it sure sounds like the hair is in both xb1 and ps4 versions...

Maybe they did optimize the tressfx stuff.

Chozolore

didn't i just get this on steam for a ridiculously low price, id call that the definitive version.

*not played yet, might be broken mess.

I remember when Deus Ex DC price was revealed, Nintenfans were all up in arms about how SE hates Nintendo/fans/wants the game to not sell so they have excuses to not make Wii U games anymore.

Nope. They hate us all. Fuck you Square, I'll be buying this on a heavy discount like I did the PC version. I can't wait to play it with TressFX though!

didn't i just get this on steam for a ridiculously low price, id call that the definitive version.

*not played yet, might be broken mess.

Nah, it's a good port. My laptop can run it at 900p on Ultra with 40-60fps but no TressFX obviously because nvidia GPU. Not as good a port as Sleeping Dogs, but a good port all things considered.

i-Lo

$60 for a re-release?! Surely they jest...

I wonder how many people who have the game already will fork out that much money on a high resolution re-skin job...

Majanew

Banned
I didn't even pay $60 for Tomb Raider on 360. I spent $8 renting it from redbox, beat it, took it back. Good game though so I'm excited to see it running on PS4.

- See Lara Croft like never before, with every bead of sweat, strand of hair, and article of clothing delivered in obsessive detail; Endure a stunningly re-imagined island, fraught with new, unforgiving storms, and alive with motion
What? I doubt they redid the assets or added to it, right?

Top Bottom