• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Digital Downloads - April 2009 (VC/WiiWare/DSiWare)

blu said:
trackmania ds is on the NOA DS demo channel now.

Was it just put up now or has it been there since Monday? If so then that's very unusual for them to update the Nintendo Channel on anything other than a Monday!

jesusraz said:
Oh, cool, no worries - glad I pointed it out then :) I fully expected someone to say 'Duh, why didn't you read the whole thread' or something. Very handy topic, by the way!

No prob - glad it's of use! Update coming in the next hour or so...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Was it just put up now or has it been there since Monday? If so then that's very unusual for them to update the Nintendo Channel on anything other than a Monday!
it's likely been there since monday, but i noticed it only last night after an excite session so my cognitive functions were gone for the night. i just recalled of the fact only today.

Updated OP with new releases and jesusraz' addition.

BTW - I thought there was a limit on one WiiWare release a month per publisher? Is SE exempt from that then?

nli10

:Motorbass said:
New on Europe DSiWare:

Real Football 2009 800 Points...

Daft question, but does anywhere have reviews - impressions of this?

is it identical to the Xmas released game reviewed here?

Would have preferred a good football management sim personally!!

Great that we got updates in consecutive weeks though :D

nli10 said:
Daft question, but does anywhere have reviews - impressions of this?

is it identical to the Xmas released game reviewed here?

Would have preferred a good football management sim personally!!

Great that we got updates in consecutive weeks though :D

I think it's the "Little Bit of Brain Training..." version of the game - a cut-down DSi version that is basically the same game but with fewer features or less content.

Cosmonaut X said:
I think it's the "Little Bit of Brain Training..." version of the game - a cut-down DSi version that is basically the same game but with fewer features or less content.

I suspect feature-wise that it'll be similar to the Iphone/Ipod Touch version, while being the same game-wise as the DS one (I'm not sure if differences are many or not..). I haven't downloaded it yet (I need to wait another day to redeem my points card from Nintendo's website to take me to 800pts..) but the pricing is similar, so....

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Acutally guys I looks like it is the same as the full DS version - There is exhibition, training, multiplayer (local) and I'm sure there was a "Career" mode or something.

It even has Photo abilities so you can take a photo and put the design on the ball, the crowds flags and even on your heads.

VOOK said:
Acutally guys I looks like it is the same as the full DS version - There is exhibition, training, multiplayer (local) and I'm sure there was a "Career" mode or something.

It even has Photo abilities so you can take a photo and put the design on the ball, the crowds flags and even on your heads.

I assume touch controls are still intact, correct?

VOOK

Gamecocks625 said:
I assume touch controls are still intact, correct?

Yeah there is some scribble touch thing I couldn't figure out - My DSi was dead so I could only play for short while near my charger.

VOOK said:
Yeah there is some scribble touch thing I couldn't figure out - My DSi was dead so I could only play for short while near my charger.

No worries, mate! ;)

I'll definitely give it a shot when it hits the States. I need some portable soccer.

VOOK

I've been looking at some video of the full DS title and it does seem a little different. The interface surely is and apparently it had fake names... but I swore when I chose the Aussies it had the real ones. (edit: Seems like it uses fake spelling but the same sounding).

The graphics do look at little different I think, but there is GOAAAAAAAL voice then you get goal but not on the real DS one. I'll have to plug in my cart tonight VS the DSi title and see whats up.

Capndrake

According to Hudson's site the only PCE (CD) game Japan gets in May is SimEarth. NCL hasn't updated yet so no word on other systems yet.

EDIT: USK update:

-Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
-Puzzle Bobble Plus!
-Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye

EDIT EDIT: And according to BNGI next week's VCA game in Japan is Numan Athletics.

cw_sasuke said:
So is it worth 500 points ? since they didn`t release bit trip beat ( pal store ) i need something else....
I have it and it is pretty nice (for 500pts :]). "Only" 64 Levels but they are pretty varied in speed, the marble you have to use and the degree you are allowed to rotate the stage. The menu is a bit wonky but Multiplayer is nice. Has Achievements. Pretty relaxing and fairly challenging game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
:Motorbass said:
I have it and it is pretty nice (for 500pts :]). "Only" 64 Levels but they are pretty varied in speed, the marble you have to use and the degree you are allowed to rotate the stage. The menu is a bit wonky but Multiplayer is nice. Has Achievements. Pretty relaxing and fairly challenging game.

thanks, sounds nice for 500 points i am buying this now... :)

Capndrake

Alright, next month in Japan:

FC:
-Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou
-Ninja-Kun: Ashura no Shou
-Final Fantasy
-Famicom Wars

SFC:
-Kirby's Dream Land 3 (April 28th)

SMS:
-R-Type

PCE:
-SimEarth (CD)

VCA:
-Numan Athletics (April 28th)
-Youkai Douchuuki (April 28th)

Capndrake

Somnid said:
By the way it's not Ninja-kun: Majou no Bouken, it's Ninja-kun: Ashura no Shou
Aha, I figured it would be the one originally released earlier but that's already on their VC it seems.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
SMS R-Type???????? why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

I hold some of these SMS double dips in regards to nostalgia, but R-Type SMS was so vastly below the TG-16 version that it's retarded.

Jethro said:
Any impressions of Crystal Defenders and Adventure Island?
Crystal Defenders is "ok", with the reservation that if they release each pack at 800 that "ok" turns to "absolute shit". It is 1/3rd of the 360/iphone game for approximately the same price. If the packs come out as DLC for a couple bucks, then it will stay at "ok". If you have PSN IMHO they have 2 or 3 better tower defense games, and from previews the new FFCC WiiWare game looks like a significantly more interesting tower defense game (My Life as a Dark Lord)

Only way I will even consider Crystal Defenders is after R2 and R3 are out and it all comes in at ~$10.

epmode

Releasing shitty ports on the VC is absolutely mind-boggling. The only reason those pieces of crap were bought in the first place was because the purchaser didn't own the ideal console. ..which obviously isn't the case here.

Fucking Nintendo.

I need to stop reading this thread.

Somnid

epmode said:
Releasing shitty ports on the VC is absolutely mind-boggling. The only reason those pieces of crap were bought in the first place was because the purchaser didn't own the ideal console. ..which obviously isn't the case here.

Fucking Nintendo.

I need to stop reading this thread.

I find it to be one of the better things about VC. Very few games have a "perfect" or "complete" version. Also for historical value it's extremely nice to see what would probably never be released ever again on any other service. From a consumer stand point like you point out the purchasers may not have owned the best system or arcade unit but that doesn't mean they may not have a special place for a different or familar version. From Nintendo's standpoint it's extra money. If you are whining about output it's not really related.

Balb

Somnid said:
I find it to be one of the better things about VC. Very few games have a "perfect" or "complete" version. Also for historical value it's extremely nice to see what would probably never be released ever again on any other service. From a consumer stand point like you point out the purchasers may not have owned the best system or arcade unit but that doesn't mean they may not have a special place for a different or familar version. From Nintendo's standpoint it's extra money. If you are whining about output it's not really related.

I don't mind that they release several versions of the same game but the way I see it, with only one VC release per week (in NA), every slot is precious, and there are better games that could have been released.

Somnid

Balb said:
I don't mind that they release several versions of the same game but the way I see it, with only one VC release per week (in NA), every slot is precious, and there are better games that could have been released.

See this I understand. Wonderboy & Majora's Mask looks a lot better than just more Wonderboy we already have.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
kind of my frustration as well. If noa would fucking knock off this one release per week, I wouldn't care if they gave us SMS R-Type plus another game. I agree and have even pointed this out for games on my own that I feel that same way about (SMS Space Harrier, GEN Ghouls & Ghosts, NES Double Dragon, etc). Games that I have a fond place in my heart for thanks to nostalgia... but these games shouldn't be presented as sole releases for the week, ESPECIALLY when we already have superior versions on the service.

I've read some impressions of Real Football (Soccer) 2009 and it seems to be a great game. That's the one game I've been reserving my free points for. The North American store updates on Monday's, correct?

Barrett2

Gamecocks625 said:
I've read some impressions of Real Football (Soccer) 2009 and it seems to be a great game. That's the one game I've been reserving my free points for. The North American store updates on Monday's, correct?

Is it a full soccer experience, similar to something like FIFA DS / PSP?

lawblob said:
Is it a full soccer experience, similar to something like FIFA DS / PSP?

Probably not as packed with "stuff" as FIFA but for an 800 point downloadable game, it holds its own. It's basically the retail version of Real Football/Soccer 2009; just in downloadable form. Here's the feature list:

*Exclusive Nintendo DS stylus controls allow you to easily perform the most amazing soccer moves on the Touch Screen.

*A multiplayer mode to face up to 3 friends in heated tournaments (Multi-Card Play).

*Take a picture with your DSi camera and display it on the ball, on the giant stadium screen, as a team flag or a player’s face.

*6 different leagues and 198 teams (national and club) with real players' names thanks to the FIFPro license

*Experience the atmosphere of 3 great soccer stadiums

*Manage the team’s strategy using the Nintendo DS stylus in real time during the match

*A true-to-life soccer experience thanks to detailed animations and realistic teammate and opponent behaviors
real-soccer-2009-dsi-screenshots-20090403032321686_640w.jpg

AndriaSang said:
Adventure Island:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blogs/anoop/2009/04/13/new_adventure_island_playtest/

It's not a good game and has poor controls, but I found it strangely enjoyable.

Eh. What is 'bad' or 'good' is purely objective, really. I mean, if you enjoy the game, it pretty much does what it sets out to do, am I right?

Are the controls any worse than the original NES or SNES versions? Because I am a HUGE fan of those, basic old-school controls and all.

BikoBiko

SonicMegaDrive said:
Eh. What is 'bad' or 'good' is purely objective, really. I mean, if you enjoy the game, it pretty much does what it sets out to do, am I right?

Are the controls any worse than the original NES or SNES versions? Because I am a HUGE fan of those, basic old-school controls and all.
I had no problems with it, it controls the same way I remember the NES version.

Meesh

...Final Fantasy1 in Japan?

I remember the first time I played FF1, I had no clue what an RPG was...I started playing and at the time I thought it sucked...before long I wasn't able to stop, absorbed by the story, needing to level up, buying new stuff. I couldn't believe there was a little story tucked into this game, a really thin one, but it was there....

Oooooh, when it arrives here, I'll be sure to buy it again. I've owned all the other versions, but I just like the idea of having it on the VC, that and I can't help giving my monies away to SquareEnix as often as possible :)

Hobbun

Final Fantasy! I knew it was coming as it was announced in GDC. And yes, the date has only been announced for Japan, but hopefully that means it will come soon for NA.

*keeps fingers crossed*

Updated the OP:

-- Added next week's Japanese VC and WiiWare releases (the artstyle for Harvest Moon is godly!)
-- Added a link to NoE PR
-- Added the new ratings
-- Added the Wii no Ma Channel
-- A couple of other small tweaks

Can anyone translate the publisher details for the new WiiWare releases in Japan? I got Marvelous from the site pics, but I'm not sure of the others.

Somnid

Cosmonaut X said:
Updated the OP:

-- Added next week's Japanese VC and WiiWare releases (the artstyle for Harvest Moon is godly!)
-- Added a link to NoE PR
-- Added the new ratings
-- Added the Wii no Ma Channel
-- A couple of other small tweaks

Can anyone translate the publisher details for the new WiiWare releases in Japan? I got Marvelous from the site pics, but I'm not sure of the others.

Bokujou Monogatari: Makiba no Omise (Havest Moon: Farm Shop) (April 28, Marvelous Entertainment | 1500pts + DLC)

Bit.Trip Beat (April 28, Ark System Works | 500pts)

Kodomo Kyouiku TV Wii: Aiue O-chan (April 28, Home Media | 700pts + DLC)

Somnid said:
Bokujou Monogatari: Makiba no Omise (Havest Moon: Farm Shop) (April 28, Marvelous Entertainment | 1500pts + DLC)

Bit.Trip Beat (April 28, Ark System Works | 500pts)

Kodomo Kyouiku TV Wii: Aiue O-chan (April 28, Home Media | 700pts + DLC)

You're a star, Somnid :)

I'm off to paintball in the morning, but I'll update when I get back. Cheers!

Nuclear Muffin said:
Really impressed with the graphics and framerate in TM. Very tight controls as well. Definitely the best racing experience after MK.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Teddman said:
When is Cave Story going to hit Wii Ware? Feels like it's been in development for years.

it was announced last fall for a winter release, and it'll be on wiiware late may / june.

Top Bottom