• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi U pics + footage

Luigiv

Wow, this thread turned to shit quick.

jumping_out_the_window-580-1.gif

The game will be fantastic, as it's already showing much promise - both in graphics and gameplay. At worst it'll be good.

I wouldn't go that far, there's still a lot that can go wrong. Whilst this game won't end up being another Red Steel (an extra 12 months of development will prevent that), I am getting some sense of Red Steel deja vu with many exciting promised features (AI director, Randomised jump scares, Randomised victims) not actually being present in the demo. Who knows if they'll actually be able deliver on these promises with the dead line coming up soon.

How anyone can say that this looks bad is beyond me. If running this smoothly and looking like this is bad, then I just don't know what to say other than "What a false ass opinion." or some other poorly chosen cluster.

This is a pure nitpick, but I agree that the arms could do with more work, honestly, I couldn't give a shit if they didn't but if I HAD to pick one thing out, it's that. Not sure I could pick anything else out because it all looks great.

On another forum I post on, there's some mild paranoia going round that the 2 latest vids may have been jazzed up by Ubisoft and doesn't represent the actual game. Thoughts anyone? I just think that isn't the case here, there's no way they could get away with it. But I suppose you can never say never until there is absolute proof. I was hoping some people on here who went to e3 and com-con could have give use their evaluations.

This is a pure nitpick, but I agree that the arms could do with more work, honestly, I couldn't give a shit if they didn't but if I HAD to pick one thing out, it's that. Not sure I could pick anything else out because it all looks great.

On another forum I post on, there's some mild paranoia going round that the 2 latest vids may have been jazzed up by Ubisoft and doesn't represent the actual game. Thoughts anyone? I just think that isn't the case here, there's no way they could get away with it. But I suppose you can never say never until there is absolute proof. I was hoping some people on here who went to e3 and com-con could have give use their evaluations.

We've seen actual gameplay footage from the latest builds at Comicon, and though off screen, the videos look pretty much identical. Same effects, lighting, AA etc.

My problem with it doesn't really have to do with the graphics or animation, but just the usual lack of a body, so to speak. It certainly does more than the games where you are just a floating gun, but not having actual hands opens doors and pick up items is really distracting to me. I've always hated when you go to pick up an item, then it just suddenly disappears from the screen. They did really good with the movement and whatnot, but stuff like that makes their good work in other places seem odd.

On another forum I post on, there's some mild paranoia going round that the 2 latest vids may have been jazzed up by Ubisoft and doesn't represent the actual game. Thoughts anyone? I just think that isn't the case here, there's now way they could get away with it. But I suppose you can never say never until there is absolute proof. I was hoping some people on here who went to e3 and com-con could have give use their evaluations.
I...wouldn't put it past them. Some of the videos were actually played by people at the show though right?

We've seen actual gameplay footage from the latest builds at Comicon, and though off screen, the videos look pretty much identical. Same effects, lighting, AA etc.

My problem with it doesn't really have to do with the graphics or animation, but just the usual lack of a body, so to speak. It certainly does more than the games where you are just a floating gun, but not having actual hands opens doors and pick up items is really distracting to me. I've always hated when you go to pick up an item, then it just suddenly disappears from the screen. They did really good with the movement and whatnot, but stuff like that makes their good work in other places seem odd.

I...wouldn't put it past them. Some of the videos were actually played by people at the show though right?

Yeah, the off-screen stuff isn't good enough to call. Like I say, the perfect scenario would be first hand account from someone who played it at e3 & ComCon & seen the latest play vids.

Edit: Or even just someone who played it at ComCon and seen the vids 2nd best scenario.

Had hands on with this behind closed doors, finished the E3 demo that they were showing off.Have to say that the visuals were not great, the game itself is fun because of the whole 1 life thing.There is a lot of tension building up while u play,controls take some getting used to because of the backpack being on the controller screen.Otherwise it's a great game, but not mind blowing.

Had hands on with this behind closed doors, finished the E3 demo that they were showing off.Have to say that the visuals were not great, the game itself is fun because of the whole 1 life thing.There is a lot of tension building up while u play,controls take some getting used to because of the backpack being on the controller screen.Otherwise it's a great game, but not mind blowing.

But not at ComCon?

So not the Comicon revision? Because comparing screens, the visuals do look substantially improved.

The overall quality of the game looks quite different(visually speaking), and I thought so before I had every read about it being an upgraded version.

Is the ComicCon demo also the level that starts in the street then u go into the little kindergarten school?Thats the demo I played so it might of been the re-worked version, played it bout 3 weeks ago.

Is the ComicCon demo also the level that starts in the street then u go into the little kindergarten school?Thats the demo I played so it might of been the re-worked version, played it bout 3 weeks ago.

I didn't play it personally, but yeah, from what I saw that is how it went. A few comparison screens show that there were definitely some changes made to the level and lighting. Not sure which one you would have played though.

I see what you saying, I'm thinking it was the E3 one.Played the demo twice, the one big gripe I had was the lack of gore when bling away zombies,nothing on the level of the left for dead series.But tension is there in droves, expect to be running and squealing a lot because ammo is seriously hard to come by.

New screenshots

376504_185102274954274_218664934_n.jpg

I think this is a screenshot

602650_185102238287611_964236198_n.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks for these. Yes, second one is mightily impressive, and as a result, raises some doubts. But I really think the final game will look like that.

One thing I do expect, unfortunately, is more jaggies. These images are compressed and a little blurry.

ugoo18

Fantastic! Thanks for these. Yes, second one is mightily impressive, and as a result, raises some doubts. But I really think the final game will look like that.

One thing I do expect, unfortunately, is more jaggies. These images are compressed and a little blurry.

It was listed on the ZombiU fb page with the other confirmed screenshots so i guess it's one.

Comicon had AA, though it's difficult to tell what level. 1080p is wishful thinking though, this game will stick at 720, for sure.

Still, the graphical quality of these last screenshots is great regardless of resolution. Lighting and effects are great.

Side note: You think he'll hit him from that range? :p

watershed

Banned
This game is looking very good though I wish we had more gameplay information. Is anyone else thinking this could be like Red Steel where the final game is just a mess and fails to deliver on its promises?

Love it when the lightening and flashes light up the zombie's faces and details now, wasn't that arsed on the last build because the details were a bit rough.

Yeah, the 1080p shot looks like it's been upscaled to me, it certainly hasn't benefited from a higher resolution.

ugoo18

Comicon had AA, though it's difficult to tell what level. 1080p is wishful thinking though, this game will stick at 720, for sure.

Still, the graphical quality of these last screenshots is great regardless of resolution. Lighting and effects are great.

Side note: You think he'll hit him from that range? :p

I think the site probably blew those up because i don't remember Ubisoft ever releasing 1080p screenshots for the game.

EDIT: Am i allowed to link the site directly?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
As usual, you can't trust Ubi. the latest ones are obviously shopped.

that said, the lateste media released show a slight increase in the quality of the textures/lightining/framerate

I think they'll show a new build at Gamescon, let's hope with new areas.

I think the site probably blew those up because i don't remember Ubisoft ever releasing 1080p screenshots for the game.

EDIT: Am i allowed to link the site directly?

Depends what site it is :p But yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. If it's banned, it'll show up in asterisks.

Also,

heringer said:
If a WiiU launch game is pumping up this visuals, I'm guessing the hardware isn't too shabby?

Bear in mind that basic production processes for the Wii U have said to be comparable to XBOX/PS3 methods, so you should expect more from launch games, i.e. these level of graphics, as developers have more 'experience'.

The visuals will get better though, so yes, it seems the Wii U is certainly competent.

Depends what site it is :p But yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. If it's banned, it'll show up in asterisks.

Also,

Bear in mind that basic production processes for the Wii U have said to be comparable to XBOX/PS3 methods, so you should expect more from launch games, i.e. these level of graphics, as developers have more 'experience'.

The visuals will get better though, so yes, it seems the Wii U is certainly competent.

The rumour that it might be going multiplat makes me wonder if they would spend any great deal of time putting extra effort into assets anyway.

daakusedo

The shotgun can get covered with blood.
I didn't spotted that in videos.
And do I see things or the zombie knocked with the cricket bat in recent ubisoft footage got his head open?
Dirty nails also!

The shotgun can get covered with blood.
I didn't spotted that in videos.
And do I see things or the zombie knocked with the cricket bat in recent ubisoft footage got his head open?
Dirty nails also!

Yep, you could see his brain... :D

*EDIT*

Also, I did my best to revert the image above to 'normal', by downscaling it to 720 resolution and removing some of the AA, as best I could:

D4zus.png

ugoo18

That second one is definitely a screenshot according to the official site

burst

Yep, you could see his brain... :D

*EDIT*

Also, I did my best to revert the image above to 'normal', by downscaling it to 720 resolution and removing some of the AA, as best I could:

D4zus.png

I can't believe you actually went out of your way to show us what an arm would look like in 720...haha geeze, i bet you spend more time on here talking than playing games :p

I can't believe you actually went out of your way to show us what an arm would look like in 720...haha geeze, i bet you spend more time on here talking than playing games :p

If you saw the amount of time I spent invested in my Steam library... jeez.

And considering the amount of dumb fucks here on GAF, a graphical explanation is necessary to demonstrate what the game will and will not look like. Hopefully it slows the slurry of shit we get clogging up these threads, from both sides.

Alex

It looks a LOT like the first Condemned, which isn't bad, but it is a game from 2005 and it's aesthetics and foibles ring very true of that era.

At least the concept is more interesting than originally led to believe since all they did was fiddle with goofy controller gimmicks in the preview. I hope that pans out in a real way and isn't just half-assed for theme, it makes me sort of want a FPS-type rogue-like actually.

Pittree

It looks a LOT like the first Condemned, which isn't bad, but it is a game from 2005 and it's aesthetics and foibles ring very true of that era.

At least the concept is more interesting than originally led to believe since all they did was fiddle with goofy controller gimmicks in the preview. I hope that pans out in a real way and isn't just half-assed for theme, it makes me sort of want a FPS-type rogue-like actually.

Condemed orgins PC version
8290_condemned-criminal-origins-pc-screenshots-20060308102743632.jpg

Condemned 2
22678_Condemned2-03.jpg

IMO Zombi U is the winner here, however I see your point about the kind of vibe around both.

Top Bottom