• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone make a remix of snake saying falcon punch like kirby's :lol

like this one:
watch

Firestorm

Dreavus said:
Here's a vid of Frigate Orpheon in action. Seems like it's quite good quaility!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2187772

I love the stage flip. Really screws them over. :lol

Holy crap so fast. I think this is the only 60 fps video. I do remember how all the smash videos downloaded showed them moving slower than they actually should be. It wasn't noticeable if you only saw videos, but the difference between the video and when you played was really apparent. This looks like it's the same.

Firestorm

Rotanibor Eht said:
Intresting stage. Looks just like something you could build in stage builder though.

Hum, looks like Ness recovers from PK fire slightly faster than he did before. Good.

I was gonna say you Earthbound fans scare me, but then I remember my reaction to the Young Link videos.

So, I've counted up all the stages shown on the Dojo (27 of them total) and added to that list all the stages I've seen here and my total stage count is at 37. I dunno what I'm missing :( Has there been any other new uncovered stages today that maybe I hadn't heard about before now? Here's what I've got down, all the stages shown on the Dojo plus the following:
Big Blue
Green Hill Zone
Final Destination
F-zero Stage (Port Town?)
Luigi's Mansion
Electroplankton
Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong
Link's Ship (Wind Waker)
Pillar Stage? Not Sure, I know it's from Pokemon

Dreavus said:
That stage is... just... ridiculous.

Only problem I see is that there's not really anywhere to fight other than the top, the platforms elsewhere are too small. :p

Yeah, all the fights will just drift to the top.

Not every classic Nintendo game stage makes for a good Smash Bros stage.

Jiggy

That 41st stage is like a playground of supreme aerial combat for Jigglypuff and Meta Knight (and maybe Kirby if he has better horizontal speed in the air this time, same for Pit), but probably an annoyance to everybody else.

I hope there's an alternate version, like Mushroomy Kingdom having 1-1 or 1-2. >_>

Sharp

Dreavus said:
That stage is... just... ridiculous.

Only problem I see is that there's not really anywhere to fight other than the top, the platforms elsewhere are too small. :p
Who cares? Stage is oh so awesome!

Rotanibor

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2195557
Apparently all final smashes shown in this video here.

edit:wow this video is really high quality. this is a must see

edit2: donkey kongs smash REALLLLLY sucks. unless there is something about it I don't know.

edit3: Okay Young Link's Final Smash is more or less exactly like Old Link. The triforce looks a bit brighter but thats it. And just to taught you people, for Ganon's taunt he pulls out is sword... and the puts it away. Truely a magnificent taunt. It definately does what it sets out to do.

Rotanibor

RagnarokX said:
Wow, Olimar's FS knocks people close by into the ground so that they can't run away from the crashing ship.

Does it? I personally can't tell from the video. If that is actually the case, then its practically an insta-kill just like Marth's Final Smash.

CassSept

The music at Mario Bros stage is just AWESOME!
And so is Donkey Kong stage. At last we know for which stage DK remix from dojo was made:D

Ravenn17

Rotanibor Eht said:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2195557
Apparently all final smashes shown in this video here.

edit:wow this video is really high quality. this is a must see

edit2: donkey kongs smash REALLLLLY sucks. unless there is something about it I don't know.

edit3: Okay Young Link's Final Smash is more or less exactly like Old Link. The triforce looks a bit brighter but thats it. And just to taught you people, for Ganon's taunt he pulls out is sword... and the puts it away. Truely a magnificent taunt. It definately does what it sets out to do.

How do I play this video?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just unlocked Snake; his taunt is normally him hiding under a cardboard box, but if you do it enough times, he drops into his codec pose and calls the Colonel or Mei-Ling (perhaps Naomi too? Who knows!) and they have a brief conversation about the character you're facing!

2234606772_93c82098d2_b.jpg

zoukka

I just realised the Snake Codec face is NEW ART!!1 Very Nice.

Can you "keep" Snake under the box? Can your opponent pick it up??

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
CrisKre said:
was it confirmed if you can select zss by pressing and holding a button at the char. select screen?
That pretty cool. I thought you would only be able to use her after Samus uses her final smash.

psycho_snake

Lyte Edge said:
I just unlocked Snake; his taunt is normally him hiding under a cardboard box, but if you do it enough times, he drops into his codec pose and calls the Colonel or Mei-Ling (perhaps Naomi too? Who knows!) and they have a brief conversation about the character you're facing!

2234606772_93c82098d2_b.jpg
Are the codec conversations turned off when you play online? I love the codec convo's, but it would get annoying if you have to watch it when you play online.

psycho_snake

I tried to avoid this thread, but I'm hopeless at avoiding spoilers.

Is there a place where I can see everything thats been unlocked so far on one page?

Nabs

even though fox/wolf/falco all use the landmaster, they use it differently... everyone got worked up over that?

psycho_snake

Firestorm said:
Why are they picking all the crappy Melee stages I hate instead of the awesome one.
Well, at least Pokemon Stadium is in!
Is Pokefloats one of the stages in Brawl? That was one of the best melee stages.

zoukka

Rotanibor Eht said:
Video of all final smashes has been youtubed. The quality is quite poor compaired to the nico version though. If you have a nico account definately go with that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q

They seem to be surprisingly badly balanced. I know they`re not a big part of the gameplay, but just compare FS:s for characters like Diddy/DK and Ice Climbers/Pikachu :lol

The Iceberg
is probably my favourite one.

psycho_snake

The only final smash I;ve seen is Kirby's and that looked a lot stronger than I expected it to be. I've got to see the rest of the FS to see how kirby's compares with everyone else's. It could turn out to be that Kirby's does less damage than most other character.

zoukka

psycho_snake said:
The only final smash I;ve seen is Kirby's and that looked a lot stronger than I expected it to be. I've got to see the rest of the FS to see how kirby's compares with everyone else's. It could turn out to be that Kirby's does less damage than most other character.

Just wait until you see the Ice Climbers shit ;)

Snakes FS seems also pretty damn effective if you can hit people with it.

pulga

Banned
zoukka said:
Just wait until you see the Ice Climbers shit ;)

Snakes FS seems also pretty damn effective if you can hit people with it.

Seems pretty hard to use for 1 on 1's. But as Sakurai would say, I guess you could call this balancing the gameplay, huh?

Teasel

Nabs said:
even though fox/wolf/falco all use the landmaster, they use it differently... everyone got worked up over that?
how do they use it differently? the only difference i see is that wolf landmaster is red
oh and looking at c.falcon final smash it seems the car hits in vertical and then if it connects it does that animation so it's actualy different from ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom