• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 64 Player Finally Found a Way to Open That 'Unopenable' Cabin Door

Draugoth

Gold Member
Detailed by Pannenkoek2012 on YouTube, Discord user Alexpalix1 was able to access the cabin door at the base of Cool, Cool Mountain by using a very specific string of moves and an upset mother penguin (via Tom’s Hardware). Players will likely recognize the location as the same spot where many have dropped a young penguin off of the mountain’s cliff in the Nintendo 64 classic.

SUPER MARIO 64 COOL, COOL MOUNTAIN DOOR FINALLY UNLOCKED

The cabin set just to the side of the penguin nest is where you can find Super Mario 64’s unopenable door. It usually serves as an exit for Cool, Cool Mountain’s first stage, Slip Slidin’ Away, awarding players with a Star after they complete the slide and walk through the door. However, Mario is unable to walk back through from the outside, as this half of the door is uniquely missing a doorknob and is blocked by an invisible wall. Anyone who’s played Super Mario 64 has probably tried to walk through the door even if they don’t remember doing it, and now, after 28 years, a solution is here.
\

SoloCamo

You know for the times I'm bored (which is unfortunately too often these days) I'd still rather just take a nap than devote that much time to something like this. I don't know what kind of willpower and determination people who do this kind of stuff have but I'd wish they'd share it with me.

tkscz

Nothing special about an unopenable door in a videogame, why do these people do these things...
e6f2-130a-4e45-8d80-53ebc6ddd31c.jpg

It's just for fun man.

mrcroket

Jeez... some of you are bitter, they do it because it is fun to exploit some mechanics of a game to achieve things that should not be possible to achieve. It's just another way to "play". Besides the competition to be the fastest in the world to finish the game.

I don't know what you do playing videogames in general with that mentality, instead of obtaining skills in "real life" and stuff...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
"Unopenable" doors used to make me curious and wonder what could be behind them when I was a kid, like that one in Perfect Dark on the balcony of Carrington Institute, or Peach's Castle in Mario Kart 64.

Ofc that feel of curiosity went away with time, but I guess it remains in some people and so we get stuff like this.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m so glad PannenKoek came back to YouTube in this way. His latest videos have been excellent. I’ll probably even subscribe to his Patreon or whatever the YouTube equivalent is, just to try and support him doing this full time.

Top Bottom