• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
why can't i dap this post?!
cacs keeping the daps down
tocry.png

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 123 (engDub)

The Vanguard Assassin's vs UltraRare's Kourin, excellent fight, as is the case one can never predict who will win. Next episode I cant even guess if it will be Aichi or Ren Suzugamori as its not like the anime is afraid of making characters lose and us having to go through entire tournaments again. Looking forward to it.

Morikawa still incredibly hilarious.

Can't wait till you watch Ep 127.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 7
tumblr_n10gp8oSUd1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n10gp8oSUd1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Tatsuyo is hilarious in this deck building focused episode and the friendship stuff was lovely.

The teams being fairly set and the expected development
Noboru finally getting his own Buddy (Baku has to be next I guess, he cant stay deck building exclusive)
made for a nice and brief change of pace from the serious plot.

More Banana Face it seems in this episode, this is going to be cringeworthy beyond all reason.

CorvoSol

If you survived that episode, you can survive anything.

Satoko best girl, or Satoko BESTEST girl?

(Also Onibaba does have an actual name, lol. Sonozaki Oryou, as I recall. Though of course being a Sonozaki, even her real name has the "oni" character hidden in there...)

You know, I never, ever, ever root for the lolis, but FUCK. Satoko is the only resident of Hinamizawa who has remained innocent in the face of this town's unrelenting evil for 21 episodes and in spite of the most insane bullshit ever.

She may actually be the only truly good person from Hanamizawa in the entire show.

I might not be able to re-experience this myself but fellow viewers reactions help.

Show is NUTS.

GaoGaiGar - 18

Let's all take a moment to appreciate one of the most powerful attacks in mecha history.

Sorry Giga Drill Break and Rocket Punch, you've met your match! The fact that in the English dub this man is voiced by Dan Green makes this attack more powerful than those two attacks combined.

So we finally have our first huge cliffhanger of the show. Though it's probably going to be all resolved in the next episode. I have to say though, I like how the main hero Guy is actually getting weaker as the series goes on as opposed to him getting stronger. The last few episodes have shown his attacks getting less and less powerful, to the point where he couldn't even pull off his signature attack. I'm really interested to see where they'll go with this. Especially after this episode.

Dude, if you think THAT'S powerful you haven't seen shit yet. I mean you're at what, episode 18 out of 50? PLUS Final. And Final has the grand pappy of finishers. It may not be Renton tagging the moon or Simon making a drill the size of the universe or Domon turning an anguished declaration of love into a blazing inferno of pure love to blast a hole in the devil, but GaoGaiGar Final's final attack is still one of the craziest final blows in Mecha.

why can't i dap this post?!

I miss dap. I don't remember the last time I got some.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 11:

I have never seen a show lose its shit in this fashion and I am not sure if it is brilliance or tremendous stupidity yet.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Samurai Flamenco Episode 11:

I have never seen a show lose its shit in this fashion and I am not sure if it is brilliance or tremendous stupidity yet.

Just look at this way, 7 episodes later people are still asking the same question

Midonin

Shugo Chara! 45-48

The numbering is because I left off after episode 44 years ago, and only decided to resume now. Before I was a Precure guy, Shugo Chara was my magical girl series of choice. Kanae Ito, Asumisu, Aki Toyosaki, all in some of their earliest roles here. So I'll catch up to the end of the first season this weekend, and cover Doki! at a later point.

Amu's fanboy, Yaya, Rima and Utau episodes. I liked the Utau one the best, and the Yaya one signaled the start of the new school year. Ah, Utau, hardly the first antagonistic-turned-friend/love interest role Nana Mizuki's played. These episodes reminded me of what I liked about the series. Just enough of an overplot mixed in with some cute stories.

cnet128

Banned
Fresh Precure! 33

Miki and Setsuna bonding episode. Large quantities of awkward all round, but that back-to-back scene was surprisingly sweet. Miki's terror of octopuses was also great because a) Miki is at her best when being the opposite of knpk, and b) the traumatic origin flashback was hilarious.

Also I love the way Setsuna says "doshite?" I feel like it's becoming a subtle catchphrase.

Nagi no Asukara 19

Story didn't progress that much, especially with how amazingly the last episode ended, but it was good to see more Chisaki and Tsumugu. I think this is the first time where Tsumugu showed some emotion, which was great to see. C
hisaki getting drunk offa juice was hilarious though lol.
I think everyone goes through that at least once in their lives.

Everyone is also on Hikari's dick. Brb going to emulate everything he does

The scene at the beginning of this episode was gorgeous. Theres at least one scene per episode thats an audio/visual treat. I wonder if they will release an art book.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 19

Everyone is also on Hikari's dick. Brb going to emulate everything he does

Well, not everyone. Sayu has no interest in Hikari's dick, and arguably neither does Manaka.

...Maybe that's why they were both forbidden from participating in this episode =/

survivor

Banned
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11

Well that was a waste of time. I mean I suppose they made it look newer and some of the city shots in general were better and had more life to them, but I see no point in watching this recap over the 7 or so episodes it covered from the TV show. It also had no awkwardly long still frames which I surprisingly missed about the show. The final fight looked cool I suppose especially with some of the newer footage. Also looks like the Angels numbering is different, guess they are skipping some of them.

Regarding the ending,
when Kaworu wakes up from wherever the hell he was at, he says "Not the Third again". Does this line mean something else? As far as I know they haven't really met nor do I remember Kaworu mentioning knowing Shinji from before when he met him in the TV show.

Well, not everyone. Sayu has no interest in Hikari's dick, and arguably neither does Manaka.

...Maybe that's why they were both forbidden from participating in this episode =/

Exactly.
But despite Chisakis declaration at the end of the episode, I still think its more like "Yeah I still like him and it was nice to feel like a 15 year old again but its time to move on". I dont think shes still in the running anymore. Tsumugu x Chisaki is a great pairing.

That really annoyed the hell out of me this episode. But then I disliked him from the start.

Hikari went from the most annoying character to someone pretty cool in the last 19 episodes. Thats nice growth I'd say. He's sort of like a typical Shounen hero character and I like his positivity and his maturity over the course of the series.

Also, the Reddit anime subreddit usually has some great discussions about anime, particularly NagiAsu. Lots of stuff in there that I couldn't have thought of myself.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sakura Trick 6

Pretty good episode (although if not for the yuri, it'd be nearly indistinguishable from the multitude of other school festival episodes I've seen). I like that they're throwing a little bit more emotional weight behind the yuri now than they were in earlier episodes. Now when the hell are
Yuzu and Kaede finally gonna give in and make out
?

Midonin

Sakura Trick 06

School festival episodes are extremely common, but no two series do them the same way. In this case, most of the action focused on the characters and their backstories rather than the various festival events, which only had a minimum of screentime. I did like the payoff on the witch thing with Yuu and Shizuku playing the role at the same time. This version of Snow White won't match the Yuru Yuri version where Kyoko ate the cardboard on the sets (twice!), but it was enjoyable.

The highlight was definitely Haruka's fantasy sequence, in defiance of human biology, but the beginning of at least three doujins. I keep forgetting that the school's closing in three years. It feels like background element - not as prominent as say, Tari Tari - but it does add a certain finality to the romance. The heirloom bit was cute, and I wonder if that band is having their own story.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sakura Trick 06

The highlight was definitely Haruka's fantasy sequence, in defiance of human biology, but the beginning of at least three doujins.

Ahahahaha, I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah, I loved that bit.

I now want a series dedicated to this premise. However I'm sure I'll have to settle for doujins.

Gintama 101-105 Shinsengumi Crisis/Rebellion Arc

Yamazaki didn't die, we need a bland character for the Shinsengumi

If there's one way to describe this arc, it would be "This is what happens when you fuck up your brohood, even if it wasn't exactly your fault", which left what might be a permanent addition to Toshi's character (hopefully) if his Pretty Cure ringtone signified anything.

It gifted us
The Odd Jobs in Shinsengumi get up, which looked cool. Of course, it also killed off a person who was introduced for this arc.

There was a clear transition from its comedy to it's more serious tone, a showcase of Sogo's nature,
and laughing at Yamazaki's misery

I think I can truly grasp who is the main antagonist group led by Takasuji, and at some point, maybe, just maybe
Katsura and the Shinsengumi teams up to take em down, because they conspired to kill off the Shinsengumi through internal conflict

It was a pretty bro arc, for the most part. I enjoyed this. Although Kagura and Shinpachi didn't get much of a showing in comparison to the last two "majorly" serious arcs.

GaoGaiGar - 19

GOOOOOOLLLDIOOON HAAAAAAMMMMMMEEER!

Hot damn was this episode was nuts! Ten eraser heads, Big Volfogg, and two of the four Machine Kings getting their asses handed to them. Especially the white one. I hate the white one and the sound it makes. UUUURRREBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBE.

Mamoru seems a bit OP now though. I mean,
Pizza's fingers just got sliced (lol, Pizza, slice) from simply going near him. This pretty much gives Mamoru the equivalent of Mario star invincibility.

cnet128

Banned
Sakura Trick 06

The highlight was definitely Haruka's fantasy sequence, in defiance of human biology

If the laws of biology say
two cute girls can't have an adorable baby together
, LET'S REWRITE THOSE LAWS

Fresh Precure! 34

ahahahahaha oh you two. (I'm with Setsuna on this one, peppers are inedible but carrots are totally okay)

Ah, Chiffon, how are you so adorbs. Mor eat your heart out.

y u so infinity D:

Strike the Blood 18

Something something I don't remember half these girls and more show up something something why does she keep asking if the main character is gay or not.

Gazoinks

THAT UNFEELING, SELFISH BASTARD.

Eh, at least I got to hear him in Golden. Must suck to be fans of Old Chie and Old Teddie.

I actually warmed up to New Chie pretty quickly. Teddie really doesn't sound that different honestly. I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't know.

GaoGaiGar - 20

Almost halfway through the series.

This episode was kind of dull, with the Zonder attacking the school and forcing the children to obey the rules more efficiently. It was like I was watching a Precure episode. But I can forgive it and just count it as a cooldown episode after the big megaton hammer drop last time. And plot-wise it was a smart move by Penchinon to target Mamoru where he'd be vulnerable the most while managing to trick Volfogg of all people.

He would have gotten away with it too. If it weren't for those meddling kids.

Andrew J.

Dude, if you think THAT'S powerful you haven't seen shit yet. I mean you're at what, episode 18 out of 50? PLUS Final. And Final has the grand pappy of finishers. It may not be Renton tagging the moon or Simon making a drill the size of the universe or Domon turning an anguished declaration of love into a blazing inferno of pure love to blast a hole in the devil, but GaoGaiGar Final's final attack is still one of the craziest final blows in Mecha.

Oh, that reminds me. Have you ever watched Aquarion?

Articalys

I finally gave in waiting and pre-ordered the GJ-bu: Repeat Disc (Blu-ray). Still hoping for a domestic release, but for $80-$90 I consider this a pretty good BD-box (though it is ALL 12 episodes on one BD-50).
If you're worried about video quality, don't be:

http://ask.fm/ultimatemegax/answer/109436945519
VAP has been talking about that on the twitter account. The video bitrate will drop from about 40 mbps to 20 mbps, but it shouldn't affect the video quality. It's a bright show, so there shouldn't be any issues with banding either. I wouldn't worry about it.
unless by some coincidence you're the one that asked him that question, in which case you already knew the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom