• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Not From Concentrate] Shrinking the PlayStation 5

TINY PS5! The smallest PS5 with detachable disc drive! We couldn't settle for the 30% reduction in size from the new PlayStation 5, so we took it further!

Chapters:
1. Meet Tiny PS5 00:00 - 00:49
2. WHY? 00:50 - 01:19
3. Crafting Montage 01:20 - 04:25
4. Features 04:26 - 04:50
5. TINY Cooling 04:51 - 06:28
6. Power 06:29 - 06:44
7. Front Bezel 06:45 - 06:54
8. Storage Hacks 06:55 - 07:15
9. Controller Charging 07:16 - 07:51
10. External Disc Drive 07:52 - 09:05
11. TINY PS5 vs Stock PS5 09:06 - 09:49
12. Thermal Results 09:50 - 10:14
13. WOW! 10:15 - 11:30

This mod is more impressive and way cleaner imo than the one posted some time back by DYI Perks.

midnightAI

When manufacturers make consoles (at least the first iteration) they generally tend to go overboard in regards to cooling, that way they can ensure it doesn't overheat no matter the circumstances over time. (they also had a load of stick over the noise coming from the PS4, so having it near silent was probably a priority)

The fact he says during gameplay the fan turns on 100% (the speakers drown out the noise?, and its at 100% even playing Astro?) tells you it probably wont last that long

Last edited:

Moses85

U
Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

It’s a trend. Ps6 real look amazing. PS1, great at that time. But ugly. PS2. Amazing design, PS3, ugly, can’t believe ppl think it was nice. PS4. Great design. PS5, by far the ugliest of the big 3 consoles makers. OG Xbox was big. But shit, didn’t look like this. PS5 is the ugliest of them all. And the DualSense controller is bad too. The haptic feedback is great. But it not comfortable as the DualShock 4. Don’t like the idea I can feel the 3 plastic pieces where they connect at times. So all in all, PS5 is the worst of all the Sony design and yet, it’s selling like hot cakes. I hope they don’t fuck up on PS6 design then. 🤦‍♂️

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It’s a trend. Ps6 real look amazing. PS1, great at that time. But ugly. PS2. Amazing design, PS3, ugly, can’t believe ppl think it was nice. PS4. Great design. PS5, by far the ugliest of the big 3 consoles makers. OG Xbox was big. But shit, didn’t look like this. PS5 is the ugliest of them all. And the DualSense controller is bad too. The haptic feedback is great. But it not comfortable as the DualShock 4. Don’t like the idea I can feel the 3 plastic pieces where they connect at times. So all in all, PS5 is the worst of all the Sony design and yet, it’s selling like hot cakes. I hope they don’t fuck up on PS6 design then. 🤦‍♂️
To me the PS3 is clearly the ugliest Sony console. The PS5 is sexy, just too big. It looks like the console the Empire in Star Wars would have made.

To me the PS3 is clearly the ugliest Sony console. The PS5 is sexy, just too big. It looks like the console the Empire in Star Wars would have made.
Yeah no. Pretty sure, back then u would say the ps3 was pretty and nice. It wasn’t, same for the ps5. It’s ugly. It’s the sin of ugly.

Top Bottom