• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Sanjuro

Damn, that prediction video actually made me a little hyped for the movie. I liked those predictions from a story angle. I don't really like Star Wars at all, but I do like the universe it tried to create. I'm going to remain hopeful that a good story has been written for at least the first movie.

They known Star Wars is the bread and butter. I expect to see more released up to the release date, and probably tie-in Space Cop.

What a time to be alive!

Does anyone think the movie makers have pulled a fake-out with the casting.

Rylo Kloon being a trilogy villain despite not being cast past the first movie.

Finn the Hooman dying in the first movie despite being listed for all three?

I do agree that the storm-trooper suit and the blue light saber are being shown to fake out the audience.

komplanen

12108877_10153190459587727_453824623217327123_n.jpg

Seen in the funny pictures thread.

So do you think Star Wars Episode VII will get a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes?

I think it's likely, but the metacritic will probably be a bit lower

I don't think it'll be a bad movie, just a sort of soulless one that might be hard to love (like they mentioned). It won't get many bad reviews but not too many great ones either

Aiii

So not worth it
I think it's likely, but the metacritic will probably be a bit lower

I don't think it'll be a bad movie, just a sort of soulless one that might be hard to love (like they mentioned). It won't get many bad reviews but not too many great ones either

Doubtful. JJ is spending a lot of time getting the setting and look and feel right. Disney spend a lot of time worrying about canon. And most more importantly, Lawrence Kasdan co-wrote this.

I have a ton of faith in this one.

Exactly. In Jedi, Palpatine and Vader used the threat of his friend's imminent deaths to goad him into turning, they threatened to go after his sister to make her a servant of the dark side, and a ton of mind fuckery to make him embrace his hatred. None of that shit worked. Luke would have rather died than turn to the dark side. He would have rather let his friends die than turn to the dark side. He would have rather given up his sister to slavery than turn to the dark side. Luke has an incorruptible soul. He is the light personified. To turn him in The Force Awakens would be entirely unbelievable. End of story.

Yeah, Luke like his father rides the line a bit closer then some of the older Jedi masters would have liked as seen in episodes 1-3, but he remains a Jedi in the end. I'm shocked that neither guessed Luke would get an action scene to save Finn/Rey at the end.

Doubtful. JJ is spending a lot of time getting the setting and look and feel right. Disney spend a lot of time worrying about canon. And most more importantly, Lawrence Kasdan co-wrote this.

Same. JJ said from the start he always wanted to make Star Wars, look at how he made Star Trek 1 and 2 basically his Star Wars. Now that he's working with a property he REALLY cares about, and has proven he can do big sci fi battles, then all to him.

As to Luke being evil, I really do think he'll be a yoda character. Or at least he won't appear until the end when the main characters go to the new jedi order and luke is the leader.

inky

Interesting predictions. I haven't been paying too much attention but there were a couple of things I didn't catch up on before they mentioned it.

There's pretty much no chance that it'll be a bad movie (I'm sure there will be people who dislike it), but it won't necessarily be an interesting or memorable one. Since they've opened up the license to produce movies that aren't numbered Star Wars sequels I think a lot of interesting projects can be made, but with what happened with the prequels, and with so many members of the original cast returning, it seems like Disney is most interested in drawing continuity with the original trilogy rather than necessarily making a groundbreaking movie.

Episode 7's purpose is to convince as many people as possible to see a new Star Wars movie every year from 2016 onwards

I know people are having fun with the Darth Jar Jar joke, but if he really was an imperial secret meesa so secret agent, then he would have joined the guys a LONG time before shit happened.

It was meesa Annie, all along!

I know people are having fun with the Darth Jar Jar joke, but if he really was an imperial secret meesa so secret agent, then he would have joined the guys a LONG time before shit happened.

It was meesa Annie, all along!

I love their idea for a dead Jar Jar callback. It doesn't even have to be direct, just mention that Goongas only live for 25 years, just so we know he's dead.

I love their idea for a dead Jar Jar callback. It doesn't even have to be direct, just mention that Goongas only live for 25 years, just so we know he's dead.

Have one appear on the streets and start singing like a really sad song. Then the heroes start kicking the shit out of him

Meesa so sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Meesa so sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

DrSlek

I really hope they don't because another evil Skywalker?

I'd rather if the reason they haven't shown him is because he went full Yoda and is in some planet like chilling smoking weed all day.

I'm just going by comic book logic. Need a new big bad guy? Let's turn a hero evil!

For example: Monarch/Captain Atom.

Luke may have become jaded by the never-ending battle against the Empire and became a recluse, but the optimism and heroism of Rey and Finn inspires him to defeat Kylo Ren and rejoin the Rebels in their time of need. Then it is revealed that Kylo's mission was to draw the old Jedi out of hiding for his master's scheme or whatever.

Luke turning to the dark side really spoils the end of Jedi for me, with Driver, Serkis, Gleeson, Christie, (maybe) Sydow and Del Toro all already playing villains I really doubt that he will turn.

Cheerilee

Those were some interesting SW theories. Hope that Jar Jar one ends up happening.

Nah, JJ needs to adopt the theory of Darth Darth Binks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132847

Seriously. This is some JFK-level shit.

Obi-Wan: Why were you banished Jar-Jar?
Jar-Jar Binks: It's a longo taleo buta small part of it would be mesa... clumsy
Obi-Wan: You were banished because you were clumsy?
Jar-Jar Binks: Yousa might'n be sayin dat
O_O

komplanen

So I finally read that Jar Jar theory and on one hand it makes perfect fucking sense but on the other hand George Lucas would never do anything this subtle and not talk about it.

EDIT: And I don't mean "Jar Jar is the key to all of this".

Biggest issue with Darth Jar Jar seems to be if anyone bothers to watch the prequels to verify whether Jar Jar did the Jedi hand waving in correct spots when talking about the things he wanted to happen. It's impossible to tell from a gif what he's saying when he does it. And did Jar Jar even suggest being made a general? Wasn't it the big guy's idea? And no, I don't mean morbidly obese fat Mike but rather the big Gungan.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Those theories are always fun (like the Mass Effect 3 indoctrination theory) but thinking that Lucas would do that and never talk about it is silly. If Episode 3 ended with Jar Jar revealing everything it could have been....interesting?
Still, a fun read

Shy

A little heads up boys and girls.
The pre-rec twitter an hour ago. said:
We’re streaming tonight. Around 7:00pmCSTish. Playing some games and Jay wants to talk about Shawshank.

Myggen

Those theories are always fun (like the Mass Effect 3 indoctrination theory) but thinking that Lucas would do that and never talk about it is silly. If Episode 3 ended with Jar Jar revealing everything it could have been....interesting?
Still, a fun read

Yeah, I have no faith in Lucas being that subtle with anything. Fun theory but there's no way it's anything other than fan fic.

komplanen

Guys WTF?

Why is there a fucking thread on OT about something you assholes should have posted here. I come here to be in-the-fucking-know, motherfuckers, and now I look like a dunce seeing a thread on fucking OT about this shit OMG no warning. Now I can't go there and say I already saw it before them regular OT idiots. Geez you guys!

Prequel lover reacts to Mr. Plinkett's Star Wars the Phantom Menace review
https://youtu.be/X3QE3HcjNkE

OMG you people make me sick.
I love that they don't react at all to the dead bodies or tied up prostitute in Plinkett's basement.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
just looks like some shitty video high schoolers made because they thought their friend was funny when he said your mom jokes

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
just looks like some shitty video high schoolers made because they thought their friend was funny when he said your mom jokes

That video is just awkward. It's this kid sittin in some storage room, with a tiny laptop on his feet. It just looks....weird.
And now and then he says "No, YOU ARE soandso!"
Kinda boring, really.

Top Bottom