• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Guys I debunked it.

lJwfPtH.png

You're right. Rayman looks just like Shulk.

Revven

Here's the thing, the 3DS image posted just now could turn out being fake but that wouldn't mean the Wii U ones are also fake. The 3DS image posted could be posted by somebody else who is deciding to mess with everyone with his/her Photoshop skills. We don't know if this is the case though because we can't match the tripcodes.

The ESRB leak had similar stuff going on (though not an outright CSS on a different console with the leaked characters on it).

All I'm saying is, the 3DS image is more likely to be fake because of that but that wouldn't mean the Wii U ones are also fake. The only way the Wii U images could be proven fake is if Mewtwo is revealed with a completely different render or Nintendo reveals their full DLC plans for Smash 4 and Rayman is not confirmed as part of it. Reaching for "potential inaccuracies" is not going to get us anywhere lol (as the ESRB leak should have taught people).

If it can't immediately be proven fake with existing renders out there or signs of Photoshop editing, it's up to the individual to decide on what they believe it is in terms of being fake, real, or in the middle.

ffdgh

If Mewtwo and Rayman were to be added to the roster, the screen would look something like this...

But here, we see Ness is below Duck Hunt.

... Which suggests that Ness was shoved to the site to make room for Mewtwo. But where did Falcon go then? The bottom row is already full. They're not going to move him to the top, because that would mess up the order. (All the single characters are sorted by their debut.)

So unless they completely changed the screen, the leak doesn't make any sense. There is not enough room for both of the characters.

I don't know, there might be a solution to this, but I don't see it. Just caught my eye.

Hmm...posted earlier. Not real ofcourse

That fixes the issues...i think.

GamerJM

Banned
If Mewtwo and Rayman were to be added to the roster, the screen would look something like this...

... Which suggests that Ness was shoved to the site to make room for Mewtwo. But where did Falcon go then? The bottom row is already full. They're not going to move him to the top, because that would mess up the order. (All the single characters are sorted by their debut.)

So unless they completely changed the screen, the leak doesn't make any sense. There is not enough room for both of the characters.

I don't know, there might be a solution to this, but I don't see it. Just caught my eye.

The solution is Samurai Goroh for DLC as well.

Kyou

http://i.imgur.com/p8PQ2Wp.jpg

What does bug me is that the bright yellow shape in ROB'S icon blends PERFECTLY into Mewtwo's. That would require serious attention to detail.

ehhhh they're just blobs, I think it looks much more natural if you reunite Greninja and Rob

not even to mention how much Rayman's box color stands out compared to everything around him

Moving Doc to the Mario characters fixes everything, so there's a simple fix.

Actually the video shows Falcon in the top row, so RIP consistency

why is it so unfortunate

I'm just not a Rayman fan on a personal level and don't think he's anywhere near the caliber of third-party character that Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man are. Those three are industry icons and legit belong n Smash. Rayman (in my opinion)... does not. He's somewhat relevant to Nintendo, sure, but less so than Sonic and Mega Man and he's certainly not an icon like all three.

I'd rather have a million other characters than Rayman; the Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong, and Impa just to name a few. But that's just how I personally feel. If this is legit (and it looks like it is), I'll be happy for his fans. :p

Mistle

Video looks real, but him not selecting the character seems suspect. Not able to fake the announcer? And why not show Mewtwo as well?

But signs are starting to point to real.

What is with these leakers not showing video of actual gameplay first thing. Holy shit.

Yeah, we understand what a menu looks like.

It's all about the slow burn, got to start in a way to create debate and drip feed the reveals for maximum hype and drama, where would all the debunking attempts be if we just got a video from the start?

D-Man

Guys I debunked it.

lJwfPtH.png

I can't believe they would copy Little Mac's model and use it for Rayman. Sakurai, you have failed me yet again!!
/s

This is actually feeling kinda nostalgic. Glad to see that the days of speculating over Smash leaks aren't dead just yet.

L Thammy

Okay, all bets are off now. There's no limit to the DLC. We're getting Snake. We're getting Roy. We're getting Ridley. We're getting Pink Gold Peach.

Top Bottom