• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No, GTA 6 won't be 750 GB in size

In recent weeks, certain ‘leaks’ and rumours concerning GTA 6 have surfaced and been propagated online by individuals who – quite honestly – don’t know better. From gargantuan file sizes to eye-watering prices, and from a map that encapsulates the entire GTA franchise to 8K gameplay leaks, we’ve seen it all in the last few weeks.

If there’s one thing that you should be doing, it’s remaining calm and evaluating the news that hits the airwaves. It really does work a lot better when you put your faith in trusted sources and you don’t believe every modded GTA V video that’s masquerading as the latest GTA 6 leak.

Face Value Is Becoming Worthless​

Recently, the hottest ‘leak’ to hit the social media circles stated that GTA 6 will be 750 GB in size and it’ll have a story that lasts ‘at least’ 400 hours, which is laughable at best. It’s probably one of the most bizarre rumours we’ve ever heard about a game, and what’s worse, there are actually people taking that on board as gospel and spreading the news forth, far and wide.

Before that, a rumour that the game would cost $150 minimum spread like wildfire. What’s hilarious here is that the original claim that backed that statement was made without any solid source or further context, but it was enough to set the internet ablaze.
In the last few months, we’ve seen some ‘leakers’ claim that GTA 6 will feature one of the largest maps in gaming history, bringing together San Andreas, Liberty City, Vice City, and everything else imaginable onto one giant canvas. There are thousands of videos and pictures online claiming to be taken from the in-development title, but they’re almost always debunked by the most level-headed among us.

This isn’t anything new – these kinds of ‘leaks’ and rumours have been landing online and being circulated around for decades, but it’s getting much worse now because a) people are getting desperate for some solid GTA 6 news, and b) fake content is becoming a bit harder to judge, especially when said content is spread by the plague of ‘GTA 6 Leaks’ channels on Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube.

It’s a cash grab, folks – they just want clicks.
Stick to reputable sources, don’t take everything at face value, and just calm down – if our reports regarding GTA 6’s release window are anything to go by, it won’t be long until official news is here.

Robb

Gold Member
Recently, the hottest ‘leak’ to hit the social media circles stated that GTA 6 will be 750 GB in size and it’ll have a story that lasts ‘at least’ 400 hours, which is laughable at best.
Agreed, 1000GB and 800h minimum or we riot!
Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

Player Respawn

Neo Member
I would be happy with 400hrs of rockstar quality story, would love if they took so many years writing something so big (from gta3-rdr1 is like 200-400hrs of content in a span of 10 years back then). I don’t believe it though.

It’s not gonna be 150GB, it’s not gonna cost $150, and it’s not gonna be 400 hours long. Lol

All of that is clearly bullshit

Lokaum D+

do u guys think that having a female protag and maybe a modern aproach to modern sensibilities ( like new Saints Row ) ll hurt GTA brand on sales with the most casual players ?

Last edited:
Isn't that obviously fake?

I'd be surprised if it's even a quarter of that. Could see maybe 120-150GB. 200GB i guess could be possible if you include all the GTA Online shit too.

CGNoire

The only way that make sense is if its the entire US with multiple connected cities released episodicly like that old rumor/leak suggested.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
You can bet your bottom dollar that the game won't be bigger than what a stock PS5 or series console is delivered with.

Soo.. while several games on Ps5 weight around 150GB, and considering compression technics.. Maybe 750 GB uncompressed isn't that far fetched..?

My guess is around 300 to 450 on PS5..

Braag

The rumors around GTA6 are getting wild. You can literally come up with any bullshit on twitter about GTA6 and it will make headlines.

Next we're gonna hear how it has a $300 mtx service so when you hire a prostitute in game, Rockstar will send an actual prostitute to your house to blow you in order to achieve maximum immersion.

Last edited:
I give more credence to leakers than to most of these smug industry "experts" and "journalists".

GTA6 is rumored to have a budget of around $2 billion. Even if it's half of that, it will be the largest budget in history, and there are plenty of games closing in on 200gb already (I think ARK with dlc is 400gb).

Thousands of people have been working on this game for a decade, so 750gb and a length of 400 hours seems entirely plausible.

Caio

Too early to even start thinking about rumors and gossip; Rockstar games must release GTA5 for PS5 PRO and the Next Nintendo Hardware first, then maybe we will have the first official news about GTA6. Wake me up when this will happen.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
About 700gb of that will be old Joe Rogan podcasts

"but it was enough to set the internet ablaze."

Whatever news which is made on the basis of the "internet going crazy" is so....?? Like what is the internet, how many people have to react to something for it to be generalized as "the internet"?

GrayChild

GTA VI will include proprietary render working at very specific frequencies that emit subliminal waves used to cure erectile disfunction.

My-ex who worked at Gamestop (a very reliable industry insider) told me that.

Top Bottom