• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

oroboros

Corky said:
How did you come to this conclusion? This is relevant to my interests.

Because I've been playing the PS3 version for the last week and during the starting area it runs like shit. Watching the animation on the stream of the 360 version it looks a lot less jerky.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
oroboros said:
Because I've been playing the PS3 version for the last week and during the starting area it runs like shit. Watching the animation on the stream of the 360 version it looks a lot less jerky.

Ah I see, guess I'm lucky since I don't have a ps3 atm. The ign stream did actually look quite smooth.

Also wtf? Pyromancer can toss fireballs with no manacost?

Booshka

On the Giant Bomb QL (which was on PS3) I didn't see any issues with the starting area that they were playing on. It's also really hard to tell a game's framerate discrepancies from watching a live stream. I'll be happy if the 360 version runs better, because it is the version I am getting, but it didn't look like the PS3 version had issues.

Corky said:
Ah I see, guess I'm lucky since I don't have a ps3 atm. The ign stream did actually look quite smooth.

No mana costs because there's no more mana. Spells now have limited amount of "charges" that can only be replenished at bonfires

oroboros said:
Well unfortunatley or not, the 360 version looks to have a much smoother framerate than PS3. I guess I'm changing my pre-order now.

These problems will be patched, is my guess. DeSo had framerate issues at first that they worked out. Is the 360 CE still available to pre-order even? Seems like it would be more a hassle than just sticking with it.

Your choice though, I'm just stating that my guess is this game will be patched well. I mean just the JPN copy has received 2, 3 incoming, patches. They'll support it considering it's on a track of huge success.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
No mana in the game :) The new system uses charges which can be refilled at the bonfire.

oroboros

Booshka said:
On the Giant Bomb QL (which was on PS3) I didn't see any issues with the starting area that they were playing on. It's also really hard to tell a game's framerate discrepancies from watching a live stream. I'll be happy if the 360 version runs better, because it is the version I am getting, but it didn't look like the PS3 version had issues.

Well like others have said it is hard to tell from a stream, but I'm telling you and others have said the PS3 version does have framerate issues. Like running sub 30 just walking around in quite a few places. So, if there is even a chance that the 360 version is smoother, especially with the install option the PS3 does not have, I'm getting it instead. And to my eye it looks better on 360. I already have the import PS3 version so it's no big deal what US version I get. People shouldnt just take my word for it or anything, but it might be an issue for you come next week. Just giving impressions.

Kuran

Banned
Cheech said:
Have you seen the CE? I usually agree with your thinking on 9 out of 10 games, but this is a neat package.

Yeah.. happy to get the soundtrack. But I got over limited editions/artbooks/plastic figures and cases a long time ago.

Corky

razgriz417 said:
No mana costs because there's no more mana. Spells now have limited amount of "charges" that can only be replenished at bonfires
Yoshichan said:
No mana in the game :) The new system uses charges which can be refilled at the bonfire.

Interesting!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
Interesting!
It's definitely a way for From to say "Fuck the cheesers in Demon's Souls, eat this!"

Corky

Yoshichan said:
It's definitely a way for From to say "Fuck the cheesers in Demon's Souls, eat this!"

yeah well, soul arrow made certain fights quite trivial :I

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I HAVE THE PS3 VERSION AND IT IS PRISTINE 90FPS DOWN WITH THE BAWKS

dralla

does the pyromancer only cast fire spells? or is that just what he has in the beginning? im not sure if i want to start pyro or sorcerer.

Wallachia

The live IGN stream is pretty entertaining. I ike the 2 narrators, keeping it fun and silly.. The accent is a strange touch too.. fitting.

Yoshichan

dralla said:
does the pyromancer only cast fire spells? or is that just what he has in the beginning? im not sure if i want to start pyro or sorcerer.
Keep it classy, go with the sorc!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
dralla said:

Just in the beginning. Think of it as just starting with some firebombs that can be replenished. Within 10 seconds you can cast miracles or soul arrow if you really want to. (well not that fast cause shit is expensive)

oroboros

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
These problems will be patched, is my guess. DeSo had framerate issues at first that they worked out. Is the 360 CE still available to pre-order even? Seems like it would be more a hassle than just sticking with it.

Your choice though, I'm just stating that my guess is this game will be patched well. I mean just the JPN copy has received 2, 3 incoming, patches. They'll support it considering it's on a track of huge success.

Yeah I hope so. I'd rather play on PS3 since there will probably more players to co-op, invade, ect. PLus the Dual shock controller feels better for this game to me.

Amazon still seems to have CE edition for 360, but I don't really care about that anyway. Box art and other add-ins don't really matter that much to me unless it was some DLC content or something. Already got the map and soundtrack CD with the import. Isn't everything in the US version just a bunch of digital downloads anyway?

Zeliard

Think I'm gonna end up going Thief instead of Wanderer. Their starting stats are largely similar, and the Thief basically starts with two gifts if you include the Master Key he already gets.

Regarding invading others, the IGN stream just said that
you can't go kill the NPCs of another player while invading? They appear as ghosts?
I'd be happy if that's true :)

oroboros said:
Well unfortunatley or not, the 360 version looks to have a much smoother framerate than PS3. I guess I'm changing my pre-order now.

From earlier, in the thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31360726&postcount=5981

KefkaTaran said:
I haven't posted anything "official" on GI, but I've been playing the 360 version and can confirm that it seems more or less on par with PS3. Maybe a teensy bit more frame-rate dropping, but nothing that has come close to seriously affecting the experience for me.
He also said he didn't install it on the 360, though, so maybe it's better with it installed.

EasyMode

razgriz417 said:
Regarding invading others, the IGN stream just said that
you can't go kill the NPCs of another player while invading? They appear as ghosts?
I'd be happy if that's true :)
That was the case in Demon's Souls.

oroboros said:
Well like others have said it is hard to tell from a stream, but I'm telling you and others have said the PS3 version does have framerate issues. Like running sub 30 just walking around in quite a few places. So, if there is even a chance that the 360 version is smoother, especially with the install option the PS3 does not have, I'm getting it instead. And to my eye it looks better on 360. I already have the import PS3 version so it's no big deal what US version I get. People shouldnt just take my word for it or anything, but it might be an issue for you come next week. Just giving impressions.

Yes, I've heard the framerate issues too. Was just adding that if it becomes a hassle, that you shouldn't worry too much over the version. Your preference is all that matters to you though, but I also agree people should "go with their gut". All of the footage I've seen, there is only the most minute of differences between the versions, and streams are tough to make a final judgement on.

Anyway, I'm like dying over here waiting for this game. With copies starting to pop up in the wild, it's just getting more and more difficult! On top of that, a long work weekend ahead of me :(

Wallachia

Did you guys see these busts on the facebook page? Fwwwuck!!!
http://www.facebook.com/darksouls#!/media/set/?set=a.197505643655821.48809.119869331419453&type=1

312110_197505746989144_119869331419453_475941_1816360783_n.jpg

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Wallachia said:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/312110_197505746989144_119869331419453_475941_1816360783_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That would make a mean letter opener.

Yoshichan

Wallachia said:
Saw it just now... WOW!

_dementia said:
So the 360 version is confirmed to run better?

The stream just said they experienced a bit more slowdown on 360 than ps3. At this point, I'd just say go with whichever system you like better

Gritesh

Lol no

Just get the game on whatever makes you happy. Minute pickups aside its going to be the same on both. Rumors are rumors, enjoy the game.

jsrv

_dementia said:
So the 360 version is confirmed to run better? I might switch my preorder.
The IGN stream said a few minutes ago that they had a bit more slowdowns with the 360 version than the PS3 (They are playing with the 360 version right now)

they probably aren't that much different from each other

The_Monk

jsrv said:
The IGN stream said a few minutes ago that they had a bit more slowdowns with the 360 version than the PS3 (They are playing with the 360 version right now)

they probably aren't that much different from each other

Yep and they add "no big deal" and "it's not the end of the world"

I say, go to your system of choice. Really guys.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
xxracerxx said:
Do they keep dying?
They have been doing the same section for the last hour, usually because they lose too much life and have to run back to the bonfire.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
bathala said:
IGN is level grinding

which I'll do when i get to that place
If constantly dying and running back to the bonfire to level up with all the souls you've accumulated banging your head into the wall is level grinding, then sure, that's what they are doing.

Zeal

Banned
Where do you go once:

you beat the big sewer dragon and get the key? the big dragon in the sewers with the chest mounth.

Lombax

Banned
Wallachia said:
http://www.facebook.com/darksouls#!/media/set/?set=a.197505643655821.48809.119869331419453&type=1

the statues look amazing, I'm trying to dig through the site to find info on how to get them, but no luck so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom