• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
Here's a pro tip for the swamp/Queelag people:

Go into the swamp in human form - you'll have a chance of getting invaded by a black phantom that has the meat cleaver from Demon's Souls. You'll fight it out with the NPC Black Phantom and then, once you kill her, you get the meat cleaver - AND you can summon her to help you fight against the boss (her sign will appear near the entrance).

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I just killed the black knights in undead burg/parish and they dropped only chunk. I thought they dropped armor/weapons too, was i just unlucky ? Any trick to make them respawn ?

duckroll

So I'm still kinda stuck on the Crap-o demon. Instead of trying over and over, I went back to the Undead Parish and put a summon sign down. The first summon didn't go too well, because I died. But the second summon allowed me to help a guy clear the upper Parish and beat the boss (he had both me and Solitaire!). It was pretty cool! Helping people feels pretty satisfying.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1stStrike said:
Yeah. You get
a pretty sweet new pyro spell (that I can't use) and you can buy some other spells as well from the weird dude .

Fuck me, what spells :(

HE WAS BLOCKING MY PATH GOD DAMMIT

deim0s

Kandrick said:
Any reason not to give the Large Ember to the blacksmith ? Does it have other uses ?
I gave mine to the smithy near the forest, he asks i gave it to him. Would the one under firelink accept the divine ember as well?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
1stStrike said:
Here's a pro tip for the swamp/Queelag people:

Go into the swamp in human form - you'll have a chance of getting invaded by a black phantom that has the meat cleaver from Demon's Souls. You'll fight it out with the NPC Black Phantom and then, once you kill her, you get the meat cleaver - AND you can summon her to help you fight against the boss (her sign will appear near the entrance).

I was wondering where I got that weapon, haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Uploading the run through blight town video. I messed up towards the end but it shows off the general idea of what you need to do :p
Jeramii said:
so what exactly is past that red dragon on the bridge?
a bonfire, something special later on, and a lever to open the gate to the rest of the level.

Xanathus

Kandrick said:
I just killed the black knights in undead burg/parish and they dropped only chunk. I thought they dropped armor/weapons too, was i just unlucky ? Any trick to make them respawn ?
They never respawn, but there's a point in the game where they become "common" and respawn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
rance said:
This picture is great.
Thank you! Successfully getting them back was a rush. And if I'd died and lost them, it would have been a lesson. :D I love this game.

Jeramii said:
so what exactly is past that red dragon on the bridge?
A lever that makes the layout of the castle much clearer. :p

Jeramii

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Uploading the run through blight town video. I messed up towards the end but it shows off the general idea of what you need to do :p

a bonfire, something special later on, and a lever to open the gate to the rest of the level.

oh ok... well i'm miles away from there in the game. i'm in Anor Lando now. forgot all about that dragon until seeing that pic posted up above.

Echoes

xxracerxx said:
Can we get some progress reports from people with the game?

Class:
Level:
Stats: Vit: Att: End: Srt: Dex: Res: Int: Fth:
Time Played:

That sort of thing.

Class: Solaris, The Wanderer
Level: 38
Stats: Vit:19 Att:12 End:16 Srt:21 Dex:15 Res:15 Int:14 Fth:9
Time Played: 25

I'm raising my Int because I'm using pyromancy, and the pyromancy glove scales with Int. I'm having a BLAST with alternating between melee & magic.

This game is boss.

(There's a covenant spoiler in the text) Ash Lake:
Is there no shortcut to get out of this place? Or do I have to climb The Great Hollow? Which isn't great because I ran past all the mushrooms and black plague frogs and I'm stuck at the end because I ran past the Hydra and all the crabs on the beach and am at the bonfire by the Dragon Covenant. I've got like 50k souls here and I'm too scared to make a move. Should I just level up and rush back to the tree? Also this area is awesome and the music is fantastic.

I've also found Blighttown is way more manageable if you
Go back to the Undead Asylum and fight your way back to the top where you learn the drop attack and go unlock the door on the right side and get the ring on the guy hanging off the stairs. It lets you move normally in water and the swamp.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah my int is like 10 but I use pyromancy. You just need to get the pyro teacher to upgrade your glove like a weapon.

yodathesoda said:
Butterfly keeps fucking my shit up as I'm pure melee. Should I bother grinding to get Soul Arrows?

Just avoid the attacks and you'll get the chance to attack. Double hand your weapon, it doesn't have a lot of life.

darkwing

yodathesoda said:
Butterfly keeps fucking my shit up as I'm pure melee. Should I bother grinding to get Soul Arrows?

just dodge and dodge, eventually it will land and allow you to hit it, just be careful though if you know what i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom