• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mind. Blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bengraven said:
Kind of mind-blowing to me at least, being an old Xmen fan.

So you recognize this?

That's Hatley Castle in Vancouver, which has been the X-mansion in every X-men team movie that's been released.

And I mean all the movies...even the forgotten TV movies:

Hatley was also the Xavier Institute in the TV movie Generation X, based on the X-men comics spinoff, way back in 1996.

So technically when you see the Mansion in 2000's X-men, those aren't the first mutant kids to run in that mansion...Jubilee, Banshee, and Emma Frost were living there four years earlier.

I have Generation X on VHS somewhere in my house. Hilarious stuff.

Lionel Mandrake said:

I couldn't consider alot of those girls pretty to begin with, so for them to turn "ugly" isn't much of a stretch.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ That is pretty mindblowing. I saw Generation X when it first aired, and I remember thinking the mansion seemed very similar in the 2000 film.

mind-blown.gif

What is the source of this gif?

Hasan

Banned
MetalAlien said:
See that is interesting. Evan also believes Athena the Greek Goddess is based on the same person as Divine Wisdom (the girl behind God). He believes both religions are talking about the same person but giving her different names.

As the Greeks describe the birth of Athena she is seen coming out of the mind of Zeus. Almost like a brain, like the brain in Michelangelo's Creation of Adam painting.

athena_Amphora_birth_Athena_Louvre.jpg

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs50/PRE/i/2009/324/c/8/Birth_of_Athena_by_shhiminvisible.jpg

Birth_of_Athena_by_shhiminvisible.jpg

Evan's page on Athena and the connection to Divine Wisdom.

http://www.athena-holyspirit.com/
whydoes god look so much like Stanley Kubrick though?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
To Far Away Times said:
I can't see it without the lines, she always spins one way for me.

xdtggk.gif

Thanks to you, I can finally get it to spin anyway I want by looking at either the left + middle or right + middle. Cool.

Skilotonn said:
Thanks to you, I can finally get it to spin anyway I want by looking at either the left + middle or right + middle. Cool.

I always wondered who could have the sense of perception to make an animation like that. Boggles my mind.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Lionheart1827 said:
I always wondered who could have the sense of perception to make an animation like that. Boggles my mind.

It's like unexplainable magic - I could only get it to spin one way, the same way for as long as I could remember, yet I knew that it was possible to go either way depending on your brain. I knew it could, but I kept thinking to myself that it was impossible just because I couldn't do it.

I feel like a long-fought battle has been won today.

Chopper

Raist said:
Er, I don't get the point of this.
I do, and it's mental. I don't even.

Looking at the cross, the faces in your periperal look like monstrosities. Or at the very least, photoshopped. Big single eyes, pointy chins, inflated brains. But look at the faces. Normal people. Weird as fuck.

Raist

Banned
Chopper said:

Looking at the cross, the faces in your periperal look like monstrosities. Or at the very least, photoshopped. Big single eyes, pointy chins, inflated brains. But look at the faces. Normal people. Weird as fuck.

Doesn't seem like a huge difference to me. Guess I don't have quite the same definition of "pretty".

Chopper said:

You're right, I had to watch it twice, and the second time actually look at the faces. Pretty weird.

Raist

Banned
How about that.

The word night looks like it's derived from the word eight, with the letter n replaced the e.
Case in point, it works in many languages with minor variations:

English : eight > night
French: huit > nuit
German: acht > nacht
Spanich: ocho > noche
Italian: otto > notte
Latin: octo > nocte
Portuguese: oito > noite

So should it be considered to be night time after 8pm?

Venfayth

Raist said:
How about that.

The word night looks like it's derived from the word eight, with the letter n replaced the e.

That's actually pretty interesting! Thanks for posting :)

Cat Party

Raist said:
How about that.

How long have people known about this without telling me?

LuFel

Raist said:
How about that.

OH MY BRAIN!!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Every time this thread gets bumped i feel like i need to reevaluate my entire life.

jayhawker

Regarding the night/eight thing:

Most of those are romance languages, so the only real similarity is an incidental one in Latin, correct? The others just morphed in similar ways. Or am I all off, here?

akira28

That girl in God's arms, maybe she's the Aeon Sophia, the lowest emanation of True God beyond the Veil? But that would make the guy in the painting the Flawed God(our creator), Demiurge, wouldn't it?

Cyan

Banned
jayhawker said:

Most of those are romance languages, so the only real similarity is an incidental one in Latin, correct? The others just morphed in similar ways. Or am I all off, here?
Seems likely. I imagine that the word "night", in whatever form, predated the notion of numbers applied to time.

Gramercy.1

Neo Member

Raist

Banned
jayhawker said:

Party pooper :p
German and English aren't exactly romance languages tho.

If you clench your thumb in your fist with your middle, ring, and pinky finger and stick your index finger in your mouth you will NOT gag no matter how far you go in. The moment you let your thumb go, you'll have a gag reflex

TacticalFox88 said:
If you clench your thumb in your fist with your middle, ring, and pinky finger and stick your index finger in your mouth you will NOT gag no matter how far you go in. The moment you let your thumb go, you'll have a gag reflex

You might have very well destroyed an entire entertainment industry by revealing that secret.

moniker

TacticalFox88 said:

This piece of information might come in handy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
akira28 said:
mind failing to blow over here....hurry...I'm starting to panic!
I was just making an observation.
Ubermatik said:
Wii as in wii wii as in wang. They took the N64's wang and made it a controller, I can't believe I have to explain this shitty joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom