• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Cocopjojo said:
Me and Sanjuro just met at the town center and talked. He's not even on my friends list.... :lol This is NUTS.

There are orbs all over the place doing random things. And by "orbs," I mean the person's gamerpic. It is awesome.
You have got to be kidding....no wait that's me! That's totally awesome though, wow.

FrankT

Cocopjojo said:
Me and Sanjuro just met at the town center and talked. He's not even on my friends list.... :lol This is NUTS.

There are orbs all over the place doing random things. And by "orbs," I mean the person's gamerpic. It is awesome.

Ah that is awesome. True online co-op confirmed.

Sanjuro

zl4ryw.jpg

Man highlighted unrelated.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
cjelly said:
Take a picture of your screen if possible, please. I wanna see what the orbs are like on screen.
Can't do a direct screencap, unfortunately, so my phone'll have to do.

1016081933.jpg

The one on the right is working at the Blacksmith. Also, you can't see it, but the one on the right is an anime chick wearing a bikini. Lol.

You can see how they glow, so you can see them from a reasonable distance away in-game.

itxaka

Defeatist
Cocopjojo said:

This is madness. Fable just went to 15/10 for me.

methodman

Banned
Anyone try out the local co-op? Can you keep your game moving and have your friend use a random generated character so he can help you out?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
It is amazing how little orbs and voice chat can make you feel like you are really part of a massive world. I wonder how many folks can be in the chat at once?

This is really, really cool.

methodman said:
Anyone try out the local co-op? Can you keep your game moving and have your friend use a random generated character so he can help you out?
I did it. Check out my impressions on the previous page.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Even when paused, you can hear folks. I'm standing next to the Blacksmith (haven't unpaused it since I took the picture a min ago), and I can hear folks talking: "damnit! Broke my chain," and "how high of a chain have you guys gotten?" (you get more gold multipliers as you continue working without missing a "hit") "How much money do you have at this point?"

Aselith

That's starting to hit MMO territory. Only thing really holding it back from that is more people in coop to do full raid groups. I wonder if it has bosses designed for coop? Would be really cool if it had that in there.

GhaleonEB

Can you create more than one game profile at a time? My daughter wants to play this, and I want to play through and do my own thing. Can we each have seperate save slots going at once?

The proximity voice chat is just off the hook crazy awesome. :lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
Can you create more than one game profile at a time? My daughter wants to play this, and I want to play through and do my own thing. Can we each have seperate save slots going at once?
I would think so... I don't think you can have separate saves on the same gamer profile, but like if you use GhaleonEB and she uses LittleGhaleonEB as her profile, then it'd make sense that she'd have a separate save.

~Kinggi~ said:
I cant imagine playing with ORBS set to everyone once the game releases....you wouldn even be able to move it would be so dense.

The amount of orbs in your game at any one time is capped at something sensible to prevent that from happening.

vhfive

GhaleonEB said:

The proximity voice chat is just off the hook crazy awesome. :lol

couldn't say it any better

bengraven

Holy fucking shit.

Holy fucking shit.

I don't know what to do...

I can't afford this game...

But that's like MMO type shit...

...in Fable...

What to do...

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GarthVaderUK said:
The amount of orbs in your game at any one time is capped at something sensible to prevent that from happening.
Oh, good.

I just found out that you can L-target an orb and you get different options. Interact brings up their gamer card, Gift lets you give them an item, Stats give you a crazy long list of their stats (types of kills, potions drank, number of times they were married) - there's probably 200 of these types of statistics. And lastly, Kick is there presumably to remove that person from your game if you were coop-ing.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Domino Theory said:
Cocop, did you transfer your Pub Game gold to Fable II or no?
I am not going to. I have about a million and I don't want to ruin the game.

Drek

Aselith said:
That's starting to hit MMO territory. Only thing really holding it back from that is more people in coop to do full raid groups. I wonder if it has bosses designed for coop? Would be really cool if it had that in there.
If they had four player online co-op and enabled you to add people to your list and co-op with them from meeting up in town it'd be like a stealth Guild Wars.

Damn this blew my mind. I was pumped about the split screen co-op so that my girlfriend and I could play together, this is just a whole 'nother level.

Sanjuro

Red Sox are on now. Just letting you guys know there is a spinning Fable 2 disc going unplayed.

Also it is a noisy game.

Francias Castiglione said:
Sneaking up behind people and whispering to them is going to be awesome.
:lol I actually thought about playing some Lee Dorsey - Working in a Coal Mine while blacksmithing once I got the game.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Cocopjojo said:
I am not going to. I have about a million and I don't want to ruin the game.

What about the items you win if you win tournaments? You can't seperate what you transfer?

And Molyneux said there'd be a surprise for those who transfer their cheated gold; wanna find out what it is? ;P

FrankT

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Red Sox are on now. Just letting you guys know there is a spinning Fable 2 disc going unplayed.

Also it is a noisy game.

Would have been nice to have that install feature this week MS, tsk, tsk.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Yeah that was the first thing that came to mind.

Aye, I was really hoping it was going to hit before the big guns. I've had 120gig HDD since the Elite launched it requires some love.

Teknoman

So then we should pretty much wear our headsets at all times when player Fable II? Muted when necessary of course.

Also question about character editing, when you first make your character, do you only choose gender? Or is skin color/physical build a choice as well?

Jtyettis said:
Would have been nice to have that install feature this week MS, tsk, tsk.
Exactly. That's why I'm not worried about how much strain the game puts on the disk drive since we have that update coming out. That will be a godsend.

Sanjuro

Teknoman said:
So then we should pretty much wear our headsets at all times when player Fable II? Muted when necessary of course.

Also question about character editing, when you first make your character, do you only choose gender? Or is skin color/physical build a choice as well?
Like first Fable but with gender. You can buy dyes later and dye yourself retarded in all forms.

RBH

SanjuroTsubaki said:

Also it is a noisy game.
*watches BJ Upton hit a 2-run HR*

Maybe you should go back to Fable 2 instead. :lol

Aselith

Drek said:
If they had four player online co-op and enabled you to add people to your list and co-op with them from meeting up in town it'd be like a stealth Guild Wars.

Damn this blew my mind. I was pumped about the split screen co-op so that my girlfriend and I could play together, this is just a whole 'nother level.

You for sure can. All you need is a Gamertag and you can send a friend invite and then also I'm guessing these folks also get added to your "recently played with" list to make it even easier.

Costanza

Banned
Is there any way to turn off the proximity voice chat so you don't have to hear it blaring out of the speakers while you're trying to play alone?

Teknoman

Oh, thought they might have added a skin color editor as well (in the recent interview video, I know I saw a kid that looked black. Same with some other black pirate guy in a screenshot).

:lol Not that its a problem, but if im going to create a character in an RPG where you are the main character so to speak, I want to go all out.

Sanjuro

Costanza said:
Is there any way to turn off the proximity voice chat so you don't have to hear it blaring out of the speakers while you're trying to play alone?
No. You hear everything from your headset like normal. If you are not talking you can turn it to friends only. So unless you have a dick friend following you around your good.

Teknoman said:
Oh, thought they might have added a skin color editor as well (in the recent interview video, I know I saw a kid that looked black. Same with some other black pirate guy in a screenshot).

:lol Not that its a problem, but if im going to create a character in an RPG where you are the main character so to speak, I want to go all out.
You can paint your skin various colors. So blackface confirmed technically.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
SanjuroTsubaki said:
No. You hear everything from your headset like normal. If you are not talking you can turn it to friends only. So unless you have a dick friend following you around your good.
Yeah, I just turn my headset down when I want it to be quiet.

Teknoman

SanjuroTsubaki said:

Awesome. Brown dye here I come! :lol

Aselith

SanjuroTsubaki said:

More like "That's racist!" gif confirmed.

soco

Costanza said:
Usually voice chat comes through the speakers if you don't have a headset on. Doesn't do that here?

you can disable that in your profile settings. change where the voice comes from, volume, mute it, etc. just set the volume there to zero if there's no in-game setting.

Top Bottom