• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

Also doesn't look great if this fixes issues with Tomb Raider and Diablo, since they've known about those since November.

Hah! I agree. Destiny was somewhat of a larger product for the PS.

Clearly they were bitter with the Tomb Raider timed deal with MS and who plays Diablo anyway?!
/s

ViolentP

The part that concerns me is that if this was originally a hardware problem, that this fix may have potentially throttled performance enough to prevent a console replacement debacle. Of course I have no evidence to prove any of this is the case, but in the business of problem solving, I catch myself considering such possibilities.

Dunlop

The part that concerns me is that if this was originally a hardware problem, that this fix may have potentially throttled performance enough to prevent a console replacement debacle. Of course I have no evidence to prove any of this is the case, but in the business of problem solving, I catch myself considering such possibilities.
I don't think it was ever actually a hardware issue

zarnold56

I have been playing on a PS4 Pro with a 1080p TV and have not had a single crash over 20+ hours. Feeling pretty lucky, also mine was a first day Pro also.

IMACOMPUTA

I have been playing on a PS4 Pro with a 1080p TV and have not had a single crash over 20+ hours. Feeling pretty lucky, also mine was a first day Pro also.
I bought a new pro because of this.

Wanted the destiny white anyway... at least now I can feel comfortable selling my old one.

ViolentP

I don't think it was ever actually a hardware issue

I didn't either when the only time I experienced it was on RotTR. When I heard that Diablo 3 and Destiny 2 had the same issue, I started considering the possibility. When the issue turned out to occur on only some Pros and not all, it sold me even more on the possibility.

Ocirus

So is it confirmed fixed? Did sony or anyone announce that this patch would fix ps4 pro crashes?

So far so good. Been playing over an hour in
EDZ
, done a handful of public events (at least 6) gone through 2 adventures, and a couple missions. I've made sure to travel on foot, on sparrow, use supers, basically anything I can think of to crash it. I've also idled on the ground for a little while and in orbit.

Might be good?..........

Just got finished 2+ hours in EDZ doing public events in places like The Gulch where I was absolutely guaranteed to get a crash. Established patrols. Leveled pretty quickly. Explored and covered a lot of ground.

Not a single crash.

I'm 99% sure we just got our fix.

Wait, this was fixed? I played last night and got a crash. When was an update pushed?

Sony put out a very unexpected firmware update for the console. Most people think it was to add "stability" and "performance improvements" for things that weren't performing correctly.

Namely, Destiny 2.

Go update your console firmware.

the210

A little off topic but maybe someone here can chime in. I bought a Pro destiny bundle and had to return it because of what seems to be a hdmi handshake problem. I would get a black screen and sound drop outs every couple of minutes most of the time. Other times it would work without a hitch. Google does so some users reported the same problems with the pro at launch. Anyone know if this patch fixes that? My tv is a ks8000 if that helps

Returners

Anyone try Rise of the Tomb Raider to see if it still crashes?

EDIT: So it does still crash, would it be a hardware issue that the firmware mitigated? i.e. downthrottled?

darthbob

Using a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV, no crashes except sometimes after I resume from rest mode it'll crash on the resume screen.

No crashes in-game however.

ValeYard

A little off topic but maybe someone here can chime in. I bought a Pro destiny bundle and had to return it because of what seems to be a hdmi handshake problem. I would get a black screen and sound drop outs every couple of minutes most of the time. Other times it would work without a hitch. Google does so some users reported the same problems with the pro at launch. Anyone know if this patch fixes that? My tv is a ks8000 if that helps

A friend has the same tv and the same handshake issue. Sorry that that's not very helpful. It it seems to be an issue for that tv.

Called FedEx and was able to hold the shipping to Sony, went to the store and pick it up. I will test it later tonight!

Congrats!

On the crashing front, I played tonight for the first time without a crash.

Iorv3th

Have you tried updating the firmwarej on the tv?

ViolentP

How are you going to drive-by post this without being a bit more specific? It's not helpful.

I've actually been quite active in this thread and rather thorough about my setup, my tests, and my thoughts about cause. I didn't feel the need to reiterate my thread history at every post.

But since you asked, it's been about 3 hours without a second crash after applying the latest firmware.

Mezoly

Glad to say my crashes has stopped after playing for 2 hours. For reference, my crashes were severe and happening every 5 mins and I couldn't even get past the first level.

Congrats!

On the crashing front, I played tonight for the first time without a crash.

Thanks, it was a rollercoaster of events lol.

This is great news and Sony and Bungie deserve praise. Jump right back in, guys. Destiny 2 is amazing!

nsr.gif

I've actually been quite active in this thread and rather thorough about my setup, my tests, and my thoughts about cause. I didn't feel the need to reiterate my thread history at every post.

But since you asked, it's been about 3 hours without a second crash after applying the latest firmware.

My bad. I appreciate you coming back to elaborate even when you didn't have to.

Thank you!

Returners

I've read somewhere that other settings cause crashes too, but I've been testing on 4k in geothermal valley.

Yup, just crashed on 4K Resolution setting at the start of the demo. Firmware doesn't fix all of the issues except Destiny 2. Thinking it did some mitigation for Destiny 2 specifically.

Kaversmed

I haven't really experienced any issues in game yet, but since the 1.03 patch whenever I "log out" and try to close the application, I get an error message. Dunno if it's a Destiny issue or OS issue.

Ashler

Really happy about this new FW 4.74. I couldn't play D2 on my Pro for more than a couple of minutes before crashing, and after applying it yesterday I played for 5hrs straight without any crash.

Glad it wasn't a widespread hardware issue on the PS4 Pro side.

Top Bottom