• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Screenshots | OS Level Captures

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.

My list looks nicer.

It's a damn shame that they have apparently mis-matched the handheld's resolution with what they wanted to do with it in terms of visuals. This whole thing would be a non-issue if only the screen resolution was 20% smaller.

True. Earlier I said that resolution in Uncharted is not that bad, but when you compare to native resolution games like Dynasty Warriors, the sharpness in them is really superb.
But Uncharted has so much detail in it that makes up for it for my taste.
Still native res Dynasty looked like the real deal big brother console versions and even having the same frame rate issues when you have a lot happening on the screen ;). I might even buy this based on just the demo. Love that same grind to death. Why not let me take some nice screenshots from a nice looking game? The character detail is very good.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
It's not like every game has been sub 544p.

even still, people are bitching from some screenshots.

GAF never disappoints, as others said, I'm sure alot of these look better in motion.
Sony should have implemented screen shots like they Bungie did in Halo

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Not visible in my browser. I had to quote your post to even see the images.

Naah, just joking. Should I fix the image url's somehow?

More screens from random games.

AhCVKFxCMAAIXWw.jpg:large

Water bug I think:
AhCV8TXCAAI7N-l.jpg:large

AhCVVDtCEAMyV4H.jpg:large

AhCVmuQCQAAeNFT.jpg:large

Durante

AhBQgwjCIAAucSe.jpg:large

I've been posting them sporadically to my twitter account, but if anyone's interested, feel free to make requests and I'll see what I can do. DCharlie got way more than I did though.

I should also note that while the game isn't mind blowingly beautiful, it is VERY attractive due to its clean and distinct art style. I would go with the Vita over the 3DS version just because of how much sharper it looks. Game also has a TON of voice acting.
FUCK YEAH native res with 4xAA. If that game wasn't so bought already based just on how good 999 was I'd be certain to buy it now.

See that devs? That is how your Vita game IQ should look like. I don't give a shit if you have to scale down your assets. You'll even save money!

DCharlie

Banned
Ugh, well, there's always one game that disappoints in the graphics department and i'd foolishly missed the "It's a port of the 3DS game" warning, but .... yeah... F1 2011, take a bow.

F11.jpg

F12.jpg

F13.jpg

F14.jpg

F15.jpg

Takao

Banned
It's a damn shame that they have apparently mis-matched the handheld's resolution with what they wanted to do with it in terms of visuals. This whole thing would be a non-issue if only the screen resolution was 20% smaller.

That would make PSP emulation worse, wouldn't it?

DCharlie

Banned
yeah, F1 seems to play okay, but ... yeah... it's going to suffer the indignity of being the only game i've bought at launch that gets returned at this rate.

quite shocked at just how poor it looks. :(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Fucking cheapass Codemaster. They didnt touch the 3DS version, so bad.

They handed it off to the same dev who was doing the 3DS version. Still Codies fault for doing that in the first place of course. Funny too given their CEO was one of the first to come out talking about the 'PSP2' being like a PS3 and all that.

Durante

That would make PSP emulation worse, wouldn't it?
Not only that, it would also make games that actually render at the native res (like good people die YES) worse, and greatly reduce the usefulness of tablet features such as web browsing.

gogogow

Not only that, it would also make games that actually render at the native res (like good people die YES) worse, and greatly reduce the usefulness of tablet features such as web browsing.

Well, it first needs a capable webbrowser. Hopes it will have a huge update. It's doing the 5" Amoled screen a disservice atm.

i-Lo

I don't think we'll be getting to see what Vita is truly capable of with any of the launch titles barring Uncharted (even then I think better results are to be achieved). I'd say right now with upped versions of DS ports and vita-virgin devs, graphics shouldn't be top priority even if some of us wish it to be. Within a year or two with better middlewares and iteration of vita proprietary engines things will start to look better.

DCharlie

Banned
Also note - F1 is another game where input is cut when you take a screen shot

you can still steer the car, but you cannot accelerate or brake.... :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't think we'll be getting to see what Vita is truly capable of with any of the launch titles barring Uncharted (even then I think better results are to be achieved). I'd say right now with upped versions of DS ports and vita-virgin devs, graphics shouldn't be top priority even if some of us wish it to be. Within a year or two with better middlewares and iteration of vita proprietary engines things will start to look better.

The best games look impressive enough even for launch titles but imagine what will happen a year or more down the line. Should be getting some amazing looking games and a much richer online experience thanks to this thing.

I'd rather have "3DS ports" at 544p and 4xAA than Uncharted at sub-qHD and no AA. But that's just me.

It's sad that it isn't even at least that, F1.

Like the most common 800x480. In near future most games that want to bring nice graphics will be blurred sub-native games.

The sequel of 999 really benefits from 2nd screen. The need to touch to access the menus seems a bit primitive vs what we have seen in similar DS and now 3DS visual games.

LiquidMetal14

Like the most common 800x480. In near future most games that want to bring nice graphics will be blurred sub-native games.

They won't look nearly as bad as what you see on the VITA screen itself though. Reword, it will look better on the VITA itself. Yeah, that's what I meant.

DCharlie

Banned
I'd rather have "3DS ports" at 544p and 4xAA than Uncharted at sub-qHD and no AA. But that's just me.

i wouldn't if they are going to look like this ;)

Uncharted looks leaps and bounds over F1.

LiquidMetal14

Yrah, I was referring to Good People Die -- F1 is just shameful. Good People Die is the best looking game on the system IMO, shared with that tennis game I forgot the name of.

The AA definitely helps. I do like Uncharted for what i is but do agree that they need to cut some detail or anything to at least get it to Vita native res.

orioto

Good Art™

Uncharted is actually not what the vita is capable of, but more what it isn't.. for now..

DCharlie

Banned
for graphical WOAHs , Power Smash 4 is where it is at.

Full res, 60fps, looks awesome (30fps in cut scenes)

I still think Uncharted looks fine once you get out the opening area.

Raonak

Banned
I would be totally fine with uncharted if it had some goddamn AA. I don't really care about resolution, just take care of the jaggies (which sadly come hand in hand).

Like Resistane 3, low resolution, but due to the AA, you could hardly ever tell.

gogogow

I would be totally fine with uncharted if it had some goddamn AA. I don't really care about resolution, just take care of the jaggies (which sadly come hand in hand).

Like Resistane 3, low resolution, but due to the AA, you could hardly ever tell.

Resistance 3 is very blurry, pretty easy to tell it's sub-hd. And is using QAA... :/

Top Bottom