• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olimar, Bowser Jr and Dr Mario arrived today.

Olimar is my new favourite amiibo, he's absolutely top quality, the three little Pikmin are gorgeous, his transparent helmet is great, and his little whistle and backpack are so cute <3

Bowser Jr is pretty cool too, but nothing standout.

Dr Mario I guess is the same but out of the whole Smash roster he's the one I couldn't give two shits about so yeah (though Mii Fighter is in the same boat I guess, and I still haven't put in a preorder for the three of them because three is a lot of money compared to the single Dr Mario >_>).

I smell sitcom!

Bluth54

Palutena arrived today. perfect condition and the face is great. dunno why people harp on it.
Yeah I think her face looks okay. It doesn't look amazing in super close up photos but her face is so small that it looks fine in person.

bigkrev

Bah, my Palutena has some peeling or residue on her shield that I didn't notice till I opened her :(

I'm guessing Amazon would give me my money back, but wouldn't be able to exchange it?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
When is Best Buy gonna have Dark Pit?

H9Ind5s.jpg

rpgNkq8.gif

cajunator

Banned
Bought my third ever Amiibo (first was SPlatoon inkling girl, second preordered Wooly Yoshi) and it just arrived.

Its Palutena derpface! :D

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Bought my third ever Amiibo (first was SPlatoon inkling girl, second preordered Wooly Yoshi) and it just arrived.

Its Palutena derpface! :D

Cajunator! Good to see you in here too! You and Kewl need to visit more often. :)

cajunator

Banned
Cajunator! Good to see you in here too! You and Kewl need to visit more often. :)

Amiibos are a really minor part of my collection (over 200 figurines of other types) but occasionally I see one I have to have. Wooly Yoshi is way too adorable. Squid girl is fun. Palutena is elegant and beautiful befitting a goddess.

bumpkin

It's almost August and we haven't heard or seen anything about ROB, Duck Hunt, Mr G&W or Mii Fighter amiibo preorders. :(

TheGrue

Well, I broke my rule. I had planned on trying to get my Smash collection done without paying more than retail. The caveat there was I knew full well that if I couldn't get an amiibo for some reason, that I would overpay. I had this rule even though I open them and put them in a display case.

An unexpected work trip came up and because Best Buys open at 10, I wouldn't really be able to go wait outside and then go visit with my customer. I could have my wife wait outside a Best Buy, but why should she suffer because I'm a man child (well, no more than she already suffers)?

So, bought a Japanese Dark Pit from Amazon for $22 with Prime and it will be here on Thursday.

Feels good and bad at the same time to be done with Wave 5.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I broke my rule. I had planned on trying to get my Smash collection done without paying more than retail. The caveat there was I knew full well that if I couldn't get an amiibo for some reason, that I would overpay. I had this rule even though I open them and put them in a display case.

An unexpected work trip came up and because Best Buys open at 10, I wouldn't really be able to go wait outside and then go visit with my customer. I could have my wife wait outside a Best Buy, but why should she suffer because I'm a man child (well, no more than she already suffers)?

So, bought a Japanese Dark Pit from Amazon for $22 with Prime and it will be here on Thursday.

An excellent choice. Greninja broke my MSRP or cheaper rule early on with forced shipping, and once I stated importing there was no going back.

Toki767

Technically Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf are part of Wave 5. (As are Bowser Jr/Olimar/Dr. Mario)

LiK

Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario arrived from Amazon Italy but they bent the card for Bowser Jr. goddammit, so annoying.

TheGrue

Technically Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf are part of Wave 5. (As are Bowser Jr/Olimar/Dr. Mario)

Best OT says otherwise (Diggeh, please). If they don't come out until September in the U.S., then I would consider that Wave 6. At any rate, not worrying until they come out in the U.S.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Best OT says otherwise (Diggeh, please). If they don't come out until September in the U.S., then I would consider that Wave 6. At any rate, not worrying until they come out in the U.S.

Can you dig it?

Import-wise, Wave 5A is ZSS/Palutena/DP/Ganon and 5B is Jr./Dr./Olimar. We just get ours shoved into one giant September wave.

goldenpp72

Is there any indication of when in September they might launch? I hope it's not really late September as i'll be out of state. I have yet to pay beyond MSRP yet outside of Gold Mario (likely never to be reprinted) so I'd really like to keep it going :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any indication of when in September they might launch? I hope it's not really late September as i'll be out of state. I have yet to pay beyond MSRP yet outside of Gold Mario (likely never to be reprinted) so I'd really like to keep it going :p

All we know for sure is that Super Mario Maker plus the 8-bit amiibo are the 11th of September. Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably launch all of them that day.

All we know for sure is that Super Mario Maker plus the 8-bit amiibo are the 11th of September. Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably launch all of them that day.

Well, we know that japan is having wave 6 on September 10th, and in the EU it will be a 25th of September release date.

Vidiot

Finally organized my Smash amiibo according to franchise.

I don't have Olimar, Dr. Mario. and Bowser Jr. because I'm taking a break from importing. I might just wait until NA releases them in September.

Looks great! I have the same case, mind telling me what you are using for lighting?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I don't have Olimar, Dr. Mario. and Bowser Jr. because I'm taking a break from importing. I might just wait until NA releases them in September.

taking a break from importing

wait until NA releases

NA

release

F5GxPUT.gif

kirby_fox

Banned

Likely on a Friday. Maybe on Sept 11.

I would guess it'll likely be split though. Exclusives having their own day. Maybe not even Friday launches for exclusives.

Looks great! I have the same case, mind telling me what you are using for lighting?

The DIODER LED 4-piece light strip set from IKEA. Since it comes with 4 LEDs, I put one on each corner.

why separate Pit from the other Icarus characters?

He's not really separated. I placed the amiibo from left to right and since I only place 9 amiibo in a row before moving down to the next, Pit (being the main character in his series) was displayed first but was 9th on the row so the others were placed on the next row.

You can also see Greninja isn't with the other Pokemon, either. It's just circumstance.

TheGrue

Was just thinking about switching my ordering from release (with franchise as a subcategory) to franchise. Mostly because I want to see all those Fire Emblem folks together. This convinces me to make the shift.

Shoyz

Got my amazon Palutina today. Literally 0 protection, just dropped in a box and shipped. Thankfully only minor damage but would it kill them to protect?

At least it wasn't bent in sideways like Amazon Marth/Pit..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I paid $5 for shipping, there better be SOME kind of protection. Hell, I wrap amiibo in bubble wrap & such and it only comes to about $3.50ish depending on how much I use/box size.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not out until Oct. it seems, but I like the packaging being the box art for the games.

How much do Hot Wheels normally cost? I might nab all of those & hand them on my wall via push pins.

Nope. Can't deal with it. Is there a reason you ordered them in that way? You could have kept all the franchises on a single row if you put the four fire emblem characters instead of the pokemon on the row above them, and swapped pit for Wii fit trainer/villager/someone else with only one amiibo in the set.

kirby_fox

Banned
Not out until Oct. it seems, but I like the packaging being the box art for the games.

How much do Hot Wheels normally cost? I might nab all of those & hand them on my wall via push pins.

A lot less than amiibo. I would guess you could get that whole set for the price of 1 amiibo. Maybe a few dollars more.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They'll probably be $4.99 each, as that's what RealRiders usually retail for due to actual metal and rubber tires.

I collect Hot Wheels too. help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom