• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous demo sharing topic

Dead Man

Alright, I'm taking a break, I thnk I've got everyone who has asked so far. Back later.

Repost of earlier instructions for new page:
irfan **Edited as suggested by Merino** said:
Finally got it, thanks to idahoblue. :) Also thanks to Loudninja, II VerTigo II, & thewesker for their generosity.

Protip for making the process easy.

1. Create new user
2. Go to PSN and select account management. Do not go directly to the PSN Store, it'll say you cannot use other's ID blah blah and log the other person out
3. Select the existing login and enter info.
4. Log in
5. Go to the PSN Store
6. On the top right, there is a tab called View Downloads
7. Click on the inFamous Demo and start download
8. Log out, delete user finish download

idahoblue said:
idahoblue said:
Alright, I'm back. PM me for the account details. I don't really know how it works on your end, but all I give you is the login details for my HK account and you go to the download history and grab it from there. Everyone who PM'd me already should just have received the details. I can't be arsed doing it one at a time, so you may get logged out if someone logs in after you. Just be patient, wait a few minutes, and try again to let the person grab it before they get logged off.

Edit: Once the download has started it doesn't matter if you get logged off, it will still finish and you can install it from any account.
Shurs said:
You have to make a brand new user on your PS3.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
This happened to me last night - to remedy the solution I created a new PS3 account on my machine then went to playstation network --> sign up --> use an existing account. You could try that if you haven't gotten it to work yet.

This is all I know! If you need more help please check the thread!

I promised myself I would wait patiently until 21st, that I wouldn't beg for a share...
...But I never did have any willpower, so if anybody would be kind of enough to partage I'd really appreciate it.:)

Drem

Neo Member
Man, I went to all of my local games stores, but none of them had demo codes. The Gamestops didn't even have the codes for the exclusive power. So I'll have to bite.

I'd appreciate it if someone could share the demo with me.

Edit: Thanks a lot, idahoblue, for sending me the info even though you said were taking a break.

Can anyone help me out on getting the demo please?

After reading the positive feedback for this game from the Demo Impressions Thread, I really want to try it out.

Thanks in advance!

Huggers

That's seriously shit that someone messed with your account dude, glad nothing was lost. Anyone still willing to share?

Loudninja said:
It as a useless account anyway that person didnt get nothing the email doesn't work anymore, and all I had was the demo.
Smart man. Unfortunate situation, whats wrong with some people - seriously.

KGKK

Banned
So Canada gets screwed over again with no demo codes.
Anyone willing to share? It would be greatly appreciated. Thought I could hold out till the 21st but after reading the demo impressions I would greatly like to try it out.

If working account details are still being shared, I'd appreciate a chance to dl the demo. My PS3 is being repaired, but a friend of mine is coming into town later tonight so I'd like a chance to check it out.

Would GREATLY appreciate a share. My PSN name is theologyman. If someone can share the demo with me and uses Steam, I will make sure to gift you the next game I get a copy of.

Thanks! :)

Cruzader

Banned
cant share right now but i get the feeling ppls just want to dl the demo just for the hell of it and dont really care about getting it. i dont remember all these ppls in the infamous thread. hope im wrong.

Undeux

Any chance someone could share it with me? :)

Cruzader said:
cant share right now but i get the feeling ppls just want to dl the demo just for the hell of it and dont really care about getting it. i dont remember all these ppls in the infamous thread. hope im wrong.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've been following the game, I just really have no reason to jump into a thread until I'm actually playing it. I'd guess that many people are like that.

LovingSteam said:
For those of us who were generously given the demo, how can we create an account to share it with others?

I don't believe you can, the demo is tied to the account someone gave you.
Edit: Quite a few downloading right now so if it says someone else is logged in, please be patient while they start the download and logout.

junker

I would love to try this. Man, begging on a message board feels wrong for some reason but it's worth a shot.

Top Bottom