• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 LE ($99.99) and LCE ($249.99) content revealed

Glass

Holy hell, Fall of Reach animated series? That should about do it when it comes to getting people up to speed with Master Chiefs seemingly new found friends. Hope its well done.

These editions sound great. Can't wait to see the cosmetic items coming out of the requisition packs.

Can't wait to pick up my 250 dollar collector's edition on launch day and be forced to wait three days for it to download because I have crappy Australian Internet.

Like I said in the OT, I'm cancelling my pre-order if this is true.

I obviously understand some Aussies have download issues but it would be nice to know if preloading is available. I'm guessing we'll be able to preload and then day one patch at launch.

Bessy67

Wonder what they'll do for a digital collector's edition. Maybe the game, the rec bundle and the animated series for $75-$80? I kinda want to go digital on this since I got MCC digital and I'm assuming/hoping Halo 5 will be slotted right into the whole unified Halo UI there.

ShogunX

Have you compared the two? That REQ pack content is only listed in the LCE. The statue reads the same, but doesn't talk about if it's 2 versions.

I summon Stinkles to clarify things for us. Stinkles please.

Actually - The Limited Collector’s Edition is the ultimate expression of Halo 5: Guardians with a commemorative statue designed by 343 Industries.2 The Master Chief and Spartan Locke appear as a team – but there’s another story… the statue splits and they separate, ready to face-off. Which scene tells the true story?

For some reason the Master Chief and Locke statue isnt listed on the bullet points.

Glass

Doesnt the Legendary Edition always come with the Limited Edition inside? It was always a cool way of not missing out on any of the mid tier stuff. Maybe the digital version is in addition to the physical?

RS4-

Has any halo LE actually retained it's price?

No. You'll see people trying to get rid of them for $$$ a few months, years after release and no one is paying for it.

I mean, if someone wants to give me a fair bit of money for the Halo 3 CE or Le or whatever, feel free.

Cruxist

Hmmmm... Wasn't there word of a Limited Edition Xbox One to accompany this?

I'd like to get an Xbox One by the time this launches, and a LE console would be right up my (newly promoted) alley.

trixx

Unfortunately I dont think Halo has the same pull as when halo 3 was launching. The $250 edition is pretty bananas but im sure some people will buy

Heysoos

Hmmmm... Wasn't there word of a Limited Edition Xbox One to accompany this?

I'd like to get an Xbox One by the time this launches, and a LE console would be right up my (newly promoted) alley.

Yeah I don't know why no info has come out on it. I want to see it, if not I just want to pick up White Xbox One before they go away again.

The £200 one had best fucking contain a disk for that price, already have it pre-ordered with GAME as I've bought every collectors version of the Halo games since release.
This might sway me to cancel and get the cheaper version if its Digital only.

Utterly stupid to be download only.

Ascenion

Uhm....I don't have a twitter....but can someone tweet Phil or Bonnie Ross and let them know I'd kinda like a freaking disc with my $250 CE. A steel book would be nice too. Just saying.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need to see what the Chief/Locke statue in the $250 edition looks like. With Best Buy gamer's club you can get it for $200, but I'd like images of the contents.

njean777

Pre-ordered the limited edition. Really liked the beta and hope they don't screw this game up like they did with MCC.

link1201

I just pre-ordered the CE because it has a digital download. I wasn't going to if it was a disc only. They should really give people a choice I know a lot of people want the disc but I don't.

dwells

The audacity to have a $249 bundle after Master Chief Collection, and then to not even include a physical copy of the game as a cost-cutting measure. Amazing.

SPCTRE

I think this will be the first Halo game since the original that I won't buy a Limited/Collector's or Legendary Edition of.

I'll probably buy the $99 version for the Fall of Reach and the requisition packs. It'd be nice to have a headstart in Warzone.

I want to know their explanation for including a steelbook without a disc at all....I want to hear them explain what that steelbook is for or why you need it with no disc....

Gotta be a mistake right?

Maybe it's a Digital Steelbook??? Lol

I want to know their explanation for including a steelbook without a disc at all....I want to hear them explain what that steelbook is for or why you need it with no disc....

Gotta be a mistake right?

Maybe it's a Digital Steelbook??? Lol

I like this idea, I would love to have a version of the limited edition w/ download code and steelbook.

(it's for collectors to display bro)

Akai__

Via @Wario64

CHoIU4UWEAASpSU.jpg
CHoIWqVW8AA3u-k.jpg

Going off this information, it seems that Warzone's Requisition Cards will be the thing that is monetized instead of Map Packs... I am okay with that :).

I feel like this was a missed opportunity to have chief and blue team as a statue.

My friends a diehard halo fan and has been freaking out over them.

Also-if this might be the last outing for the Chief....why not have an awesome statue to remember him by?

Like that steel book/case tho. Might need it

Yeah, a $150 price bump isn't worth it for yet another statue that will collect dust for me personally.

I'll go $99. I get all of the bonuses I want, in game benefits and I don't need another statue so no harm, no foul there.

And what the fuck with the digital download? If you come home at midnight hyped and ready to play, do you really want to sit on your ass for anywhere from 3-18 hours to download a 50GB game?

What a boneheaded move, that's just fucking stupid.

Top Bottom