• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 CE and LE revealed

ocean

Banned
Not so smart by Bungie or Activision. More just too many people have no self control and unhealthy addictions.
If you can get it to sell out at 250, you sell it for 250. If you can get it to sell out at 600, you sell it at 600.

I think they're doing great.

xNEZ82H.png

okay.

Collector's Editions were in extremely short supply; I wanted to reserve one and couldn't because I was working. The physical Limited Edition seems like the best bang for your buck for fans that want collector's items, and if you're determined to go digital and get the physical collectibles, just turn around and sell your disc and buy the base game digitally.

Amon-Lau

Through email?
What did you pre-order? I've ordered PC and Xbox 1 versions (will cancel the PC version if it goes up on steam, or the xbox version if this somehow is a Play Anywhere title)

Yup, just ordered a standard PS4 copy of it, 3 days later like it said on the page and I got it~

I think I'm going to pick up the LE once gameplay is revealed provided it is really good and not misleading. I feel it is too early to pre order based on nothing right now.

Yup, just ordered a standard PS4 copy of it, 3 days later like it said on the page and I got it~

Ok ty. Amazon Canada still hasn't sent any, and when I asked them about it today they sent me to Xbox, who then sent me back to Amazon and now they are asking their promo team.

Lgndryhr

Do you know if it's 1 $10 cert per person? I've never done more than one. But I might order two extra copies for buddies if the incentives are there for them.

"There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title."

Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best...400050004.c?id=pcmcat312400050004#gamers-club

Also, "Limit one award per member per title."

Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002
Fine print at the bottom states that.

What a deal preordered 3 copies for me and my buddies the day the trailer dropped and didn't realize it came with $10x3 certs on top of the 20% off.

Someone else already mentioned it, but yeah... you'll only get one $10 cert. Their policy says it's one $10 cert per game per account. I found that out whilst pre-ordering FFXV for myself and my bud.

If I preordered at gamestop for the cayde figure, could I cancel it later and keep him? :)

According to others, yes!

Edit: similarly, can I preorder at Amazon, get a beta code and cancel?

The answer to both questions is yes! I always use Amazon for beta codes because of how easy it is to cancel the order.

As for Gamestop, you can absolutely cancel a pre-order there as well. I say to use discretion on that one though. You're allowed to cancel pre-orders, but when you get a free gift with it I usually wait until after the game is out to cancel. That way you don't get labelled as "that person" who is placing pre-orders just for the swag. This is especially helpful if you only have one Gamestop in town.

Kaibutsu

Probably! I did that with the first game.

Someone else already mentioned it, but yeah... you'll only get one $10 cert. Their policy says it's one $10 cert per game per account. I found that out whilst pre-ordering FFXV for myself and my bud.

The answer to both questions is yes! I always use Amazon for beta codes because of how easy it is to cancel the order.

As for Gamestop, you can absolutely cancel a pre-order there as well. I say to use discretion on that one though. You're allowed to cancel pre-orders, but when you get a free gift with it I usually wait until after the game is out to cancel. That way you don't get labelled as "that person" who is placing pre-orders just for the swag. This is especially helpful if you only have one Gamestop in town.

FYI, I ordered the Collector's Edition w/ Bag from Best Buy and received my beta code within minutes. A week later I decided I didn't want to pay $250 ($217 after discount) for the bag/ game and canceled it. Best Buy automatically charged me $19.99 for the beta code...

I did call the customer service line, told them it was silly to be charged $19.99 for a demo that wasn't even out yet and after being placed on hold for 10 minutes while they transfered me to the "digital team" I was told they would do a, "One time refund." For the $19.99.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I feel like Amazon has fell off a bit recently in both terms of getting products online and overall customer support. :\

I feel like Amazon has fell off a bit recently in both terms of getting products online and overall customer support. :\

They are insisting to me (Amazon Canada) that I won't get my beta code until the product gets released (sept 8th). I keep telling them that this makes no sense but they keep saying "we have no more information on this promotional offer"

akileese

preorder bonuses before they show how the actual game is?

It's beta access IIRC. This is pretty standard. It's a sequel to a game that is pretty well identified as to what it is. The assumption can be made that if you preordered Destiny 2 you know, at least for the most part, what you're getting.

just some FYI, I ordered the Collector's Edition w/ Bag from Best Buy and received my beta code within minutes. A week later I decided I didn't want to pay $250 for the bag and canceled it. Best Buy automatically charged me $19.99 for the beta code...

I did call the customer service line, told them it was silly to be charged $19.99 for a demo that wasn't even out yet and after being placed on hold for 10 minutes while they transfered me to the "digital team" I was told they would do a, "One time refund." For the $19.99.

Yeah... I don't trust Best Buy with that stuff. They do the same thing for games that come with physical goodies. You literally have to cancel the game, and then the swag as separate products in order to fully cancel the order. Otherwise, they have pricing for just about everything that they'll then use to update your order.

Amazon doesn't do this for beta codes.

FinKL

What a bummer, I remember not getting my $10x3 certs with SW BF x3 copies so I had to email or get on some BestBuy forum and got them. Oh well, guess they cracking down.

"There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title."

Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best...400050004.c?id=pcmcat312400050004#gamers-club

Also, "Limit one award per member per title."

Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002
Fine print at the bottom states that.

Where do I find the qualifying games for this offer? I can't find the games that are eligible on any of those pages.

Top Bottom