• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheGamepost: Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre-Orders Appear to be Less Than a Quarter of Lightfall’s Total Figures

Mossybrew

Everybody knows what you get with a Destiny xpac these days. Maybe five hours of unique story missions, then just massive grinds to keep the hardcore players busy. There are aspects of the game I really love, but it's just not worth it for all the BS that comes with it.

Ogbert

Bungie are complete asshats, but there's more to this than standard corporate mismanagement.

I absolutely love Destiny 2 to bits. Alongside World of Warcraft, it's the game that represents a generation of videogaming for me.

To that end, I suspect there are lots of players out there like me that have simply played it too much. It's done. There's nothing they can do. As soon as I log on, I get that immediate sensation of pointlessness. Everything is a chore.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They already missed forecasts by 45% a month ago for their 2023 fiscal year.

If preorders are this bad, it’ll get worse. 2024 will be another big downer.

Give bungie execs credit for getting $3.6 billion out of Sony a couple years ago in early 2022. That was the end of peak COVID sales and rock bottom interest rates. The bungie execs timed it perfectly with a max payout exit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom