• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape First Gameplay Revealed

Valt7786

So a new enemy faction (good) and a sub-class that will now invalidate all other sub-classes... How did Bungie think Prismatic was a good idea?

I'm sure they were short on time to create a brand new set of powers and so instead just created Prismatic as a mishmash of the existing stuff. Typical Bungie, re-hashing the same re-packaged content from the game and selling it to you as a "bold, new" expansion.

Glad I turned away from D2 after LightFall. This certainly did not convince me to return. In fact, quite the opposite.

Absolutely this. Like, I'm sure prismatic will be fun but its the absolute laziest way to implement a "new" subclass for a whole ass expansion. I was so disappointed in that reveal.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It is but that's what years of expansion and bringing back old content did. Also people threw a fit when they tried to slim the game down so I'm not sure it's all Bungie's fault.

Maybe try a new character? I haven't tried any of the new player content they talked about but that might help? Or just focus on the into the light area exclusively. I was overwhelmed as well until I just started ignoring the old stuff. They definitely cleaned up the quest/activity screens to hide the massive amount of shit you can do and focus on the new stuff.
Too much work. Buddy tried the new player experience same day and hated it too.

Both of us have been playing on and off since D2 launch. We never stopped during D1 from alpha to finale.

Compared to say WoW or FF14, where I can easily hop back on and go.

With the last two expansions all I’ve done is bounce back on launch, complete story on legendary, then dip. First time I wanted to try a season event and it’s just a reminder of how much stuff I haven’t done or know has been introduced.

The beauty of a game like WoW is I don’t have to relearn it or look up what to do and where to go, or what’s the best track/use of my time. It’s intuitive.

I’m just not in the mindset to give the game the time to overcome this. I wanted to plug and play lol.

gothmog

Gold Member
Too much work. Buddy tried the new player experience same day and hated it too.

Both of us have been playing on and off since D2 launch. We never stopped during D1 from alpha to finale.

Compared to say WoW or FF14, where I can easily hop back on and go.

With the last two expansions all I’ve done is bounce back on launch, complete story on legendary, then dip. First time I wanted to try a season event and it’s just a reminder of how much stuff I haven’t done or know has been introduced.

The beauty of a game like WoW is I don’t have to relearn it or look up what to do and where to go, or what’s the best track/use of my time. It’s intuitive.

I’m just not in the mindset to give the game the time to overcome this. I wanted to plug and play lol.
Fair enough. I've had a love/hate relationship with Bungie and Destiny for years as well. Reminds me of an old friend who is manic depressive. Some of my best and worst memories are with him but eventually the worst kind of won out.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like prismatic lets you do all combos, more of a curated subset... so I wonder how extensive it will really be. Since it has that whole dual meter powerup thing I'm guessing it's still power creeping everything else.

Top Bottom