• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape First Gameplay Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Bungie is hosting the Destiny 2: The Final Shape Developer Gameplay Preview on April 9 at 9:30 a.m. PT / 12:30 p.m. ET.

You will be able to watch it on YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok.

The broadcast will share an update on what Bungie has been building for Destiny 2 expansion “The Final Shape.”

If you watch on Twitch you get some exclusive drops:
  • Those Held Dear, unlocked by watching 60 minutes (1 hour) across any of the Into the Light streams and this one
  • Echo Diamond, unlocked by watching 180 minutes (3 hours) across any of the Into the Light streams and this one
  • Tigris Fati, unlocked by watching 15 minutes during this stream specifically

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

PFj1fxY.gif

Heck yeah!

LordOfChaos

I do hope it manages to have a satisfying conclusion to the 10 year darkness saga, and not just another case of the latest cosmic level big baddie becomes just another dude up close and we're on to yet another one.

I will NOT be watching the trailer on anything. There's nothing they can do to lure me back into that toxic quagmire.

clarky

Gold Member
From an Beta D1 player to quitting during the Witch Queen, I just can't be arsed anymore. I should be excited for this but I dunno i might get it just to run through the campaign to put a full stop on everything.

Game had some awesome highs for me, but i don't think ill be back full time, if at all.

Also LOL at that new subclass, that will fuck the PVP even more than Stasis did.

Valt7786

I'll be playing it because i've put too much time into it to stop now and I do want to see how they flub the ending.
But that prismatic subclass and "loltwoperk exotic armband" just scream lazy af to me. Nothing new, just repurposing whats already there? Unless i'm missing something.

HoodWinked

That is really fucking stupid to combine classes like this. Strand was borderline powercrept but this seems way worse.

SCB3

Looking like a lot of fun, it feels like with this being an End of sorts they don't mind the powercreep and breaking of the game, however the ability to combine classes kinda ruins the whole point of having seperate classes, like why wrun Solar alone when I can run a Fire and Ice build thats simply better all around?

Bry0

Looking like a lot of fun, it feels like with this being an End of sorts they don't mind the powercreep and breaking of the game, however the ability to combine classes kinda ruins the whole point of having seperate classes, like why wrun Solar alone when I can run a Fire and Ice build thats simply better all around?
Idk Luke Smith said it’s “not the end of d2 or destiny” so they have some idea for milking this thing further

splattered

Looks good, but i just cant bring myself to play it anymore... bought this current expansion and played just the beginning stuff. HATED Neomuna it was just so terrible. I will get a summary from my kid who still plays it a bit i guess.

SCB3

Idk Luke Smith said it’s “not the end of d2 or destiny” so they have some idea for milking this thing further
Thats why I said "of sorts" its the end of the Saga but theres more to come, I mean already after Final Shape we have:

8XJ9R3I.png

So that's likely to take us to the next expansion or whatever

DeaDPo0L84

Not gonna lie, really liking the current mindset of Bungie which is basically "screw the rulebook, lets just have fun". New game mode is a lot of fun, and the new subclass and enemy type will add quite a bit. Most people who jump into any thread discussing Destiny are people who were never going to play it in the first place, which is par for the course on the internet for pretty much anything.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

I want an RPG FPS type game so I always keep looking back on Destiny, but every time I gain interest I check the subreddit/community forums and nope out.

makaveli60

The final shape means the content that was removed will be added back? Serious question. Or will this never happen?

tmlDan

The final shape means the content that was removed will be added back? Serious question. Or will this never happen?
Won't happen, you're likely SOL.

But maybe you can ignore D2 and wait for D3, cause there was a rumor its another project they're working on.

Last edited:
I imagine this new subclass would likely be a PvE only kinda thing, at least at first. there's no way they'll be able to balance it for PvP.

No interest at all. Come out with Destiny 3 on a modern engine like UE5, not one modified from an engine made in 1997.

Last edited:
so basically they bring back the weapons they removed with their sunsetting? So now people have to grind for them all over again?
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Cool trailer though

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
To little to late…the ship as sail…not giving Bungie my hard earn cash.
Isn’t this free?

Edit: Oh nope this isn’t that update this week. This is the expansion.

It’s the final one. They got my money: I wanna see how this all ends.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Won't happen, you're likely SOL.

But maybe you can ignore D2 and wait for D3, cause there was a rumor its another project they're working on.

That’s a shame as I loved the first game but the sequel seemed just more of fhe same but I still wanted to play it through for the story and content eventually. Anyway, I hope the next game will have a killer new engine as the first game was a real nextgen experience for me, even though it was a crossgen game.

tvdaXD

I jumped in with Destiny 2, stopped playing when it became free to play or whatever, kinda felt stupid after spending like €100,- for some edition and basically getting nothing back for it.
Think I jumped back in after a long time to see how things were going, but so much was changed I just didn't even know what I was doing lol.
Seeing how everyone comments here, and having watched some video's about how bad the battlepass system or whatever they call it is... I'm glad I haven't played since, though it always looks flashy and fun.

I don't know how I feel about Destiny 3.... Destiny 2 was pretty much the same as D1, except they lost content and had missteps that took years to correct. Can't help but think that a content-starved Destiny 3 that will also be missing all the QoL that D2 has built up over the years would be.... a fun experience for like a week and then once again years of sadness.

Last edited:

tylrdiablos

I haven't touched Destiny 2 since a few days before Lightfall released (and I didn't buy).
If reviews for The Final Shape are good I might hop back in because I yearn for a good FPS.
If the reviews are middling or less I'll buy Atomic Heart.

So a new enemy faction (good) and a sub-class that will now invalidate all other sub-classes... How did Bungie think Prismatic was a good idea?

I'm sure they were short on time to create a brand new set of powers and so instead just created Prismatic as a mishmash of the existing stuff. Typical Bungie, re-hashing the same re-packaged content from the game and selling it to you as a "bold, new" expansion.

Glad I turned away from D2 after LightFall. This certainly did not convince me to return. In fact, quite the opposite.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
I played for the first time in months last night and had fun. Onslaught is fun. The rewards are generous. And Bungie finally just breaking the game and having fun with Final Shape sounds good.

I guess the player counts are rising as well so good for Bungie.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I played for the first time in months last night and had fun. Onslaught is fun. The rewards are generous. And Bungie finally just breaking the game and having fun with Final Shape sounds good.

I guess the player counts are rising as well so good for Bungie.
I tried the other day and felt overwhelmed with 9 million things the game wants me to go see and do.

Said fuck it. Edited my character then uninstalled.

I’ll wait for the expansion to just do the story missions then that’s a wrap for me.

The game is a bloated mess.

gothmog

Gold Member
I tried the other day and felt overwhelmed with 9 million things the game wants me to go see and do.

Said fuck it. Edited my character then uninstalled.

I’ll wait for the expansion to just do the story missions then that’s a wrap for me.

The game is a bloated mess.
It is but that's what years of expansion and bringing back old content did. Also people threw a fit when they tried to slim the game down so I'm not sure it's all Bungie's fault.

Maybe try a new character? I haven't tried any of the new player content they talked about but that might help? Or just focus on the into the light area exclusively. I was overwhelmed as well until I just started ignoring the old stuff. They definitely cleaned up the quest/activity screens to hide the massive amount of shit you can do and focus on the new stuff.

Top Bottom